• 10(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
(2012-03-19, 00:02)xayide Wrote: They seem to have the same problem here but solved it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid536110

Seems to be exactly the same error, since they do have it on windows but not on linux.

Can it be this problem?

http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitw...b03d253d48

+ // DINKUMWARE BUG:
+ // Note -- using std::isspace in a COM DLL gives us access violations
+ // because it causes the dynamic addition of a function to be called
+ // when the library shuts down. Unfortunately the list is maintained
+ // in DLL memory but the function is in static memory. So the COM DLL
+ // goes away along with the function that was supposed to be called,
+ // and then later when the DLL CRT shuts down it unloads the list and
+ // tries to call the long-gone function.
+ // This is DinkumWare's implementation problem. If you encounter this
+ // problem, you may replace the calls here with good old isspace() and
+ // iswspace() from the CRT unless they specify SS_ANSI

Anyone looked into this for the windows version? Seems to be the fix.....
I've been following this thread since the beginning, hoping for a fully working addon. Would love to see this working flawless on windows! Unfortunately I have absolutely no knowledge of development or programming. But I enjoy experimenting and testing, and so I did yesterday with the windows version.

I followed the instructions in post 2, and got it configured. But, as expected, the EPG didn't work. Actually, streaming from my Vu Duo didn't work at first either, but after a few tries, switching PVR off and on within the skin (Aeon MQ 3), the streaming worked! Smile But after a little bit more testing, it didn't work again... Have no clue of why not.

Anyway, scrolling the xbmc.log, I found the same errors as mentioned before in this thread about access violation, and the strange symbols at the end of the ip adress. Then I remembered I noticed the ip showing under PVR service / PVR information within the Aeon MQ 3 info, also was showing strange symbols at the end. And every time I restart XBMC, the symbols change. I also noticed that the last number of the ip is missing/replaced by these strange symbols. I don't know if this means anything, but thought I should mention it so you skilled developers/programmers can look into it if it is of interrest, or just laugh at me if it is just silly! Tongue

Hi!

I just pushed some changes onto the git:
Code:
0.1.4 fix: limit length of the service reference part of the Icon-Path to 30 characters.
      fix: Escape "&", "<" and ">" characters in XML channeldata file.
      add: support to disable all bouquet or channel updates

If you have a very static channel / bouquet list (like mine) then just let XBMC load it once, disable the check for channel / bouquet updates and then it will always load the data from the XML file.

The logic behind this is:
- If data is available on HDD, load channels from there
- Otherwise or if no channels are found, fetch them from the WebAPI

- If bouquet-updates are allowed and were not just fetched from the webapi, then check for new bouquets (in a background-thread, after the PVR addon has been started)
- if channel-updates are allowed (or changes in the bouquets were detected), then check for new channels (again, in a background-thread)
- if channels / bouquets have been changed, then store the data onto the HDD for the next start

Regarding the windows version and the access violations:
I'm clearly too unexperienced with all this windows programming stuff - I'm not using std::isspace somewhere in the code and also tried to compile the addon as a static library and with various compiler / linker flags / pre-processor flags, without any luck. As already stated, any help will be appreciated (my MS Visual Studio trial license will expire in about two weeks though)

Cheers,

Joerg
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Aha so it is compiled from MSVC? I thought xbmc was build using gcc?
I tried this plugin on ATV2 and it doesn't work Sad (i buy a 2nd hand ATV2 only for this plugin Big Grin )

This is the issue:

Code:
22:44:02 T:110325760  NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
22:44:02 T:111685632   ERROR: Unable to load /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr, reason: dlopen(/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr, 1): Library not loaded: /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-4.2_armv7/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
                                              Referenced from: /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr
                                              Reason: Incompatible library version: XBMC_vuplus.pvr requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0
22:44:02 T:111685632   ERROR: PVR - InitialiseClient - can't initialise add-on 'VU+ Client'

How i can resolve it?
There hasn't been any talk or development of an Arm version, I don't even know if it's possible. The TS streams are often 1080i and the box might not even be capable of it.

We'd definitely need the help of someone familiar with compiling for Arm
I know the power of ATV2, i tested with a video addon for dreambox and it works well only with SD channels.

I compiled the plugin inside opdenkamp git cloned and i added the plugin from git, compiled all with ./configure --with-darwin=ios, make, make xcode_depends and xcodebuild -project XBMC-IOS.xcodeproj -target XBMC -configuration Release build ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=armv7 VALID_ARCHS=armv7 IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.1 SDKROOT=iphoneos4.2 .
SD only with any normal app, XBMC on ATV2 uses secret sauce to crack open acceleration on ATV and can easily handle 720p tv shows and the like. Can you upload your compiled addon and I'll try it on mine.

Might be worth contacting davilla to see if it's possible and what platform we should compile on etc
About ATV: Not sure - just got an ATV3 and waiting for a JB Smile

Is there maybe an Openelev PVR-Build for ATV that you could try?
ATV3 is pretty same as ATV2: i'm tested 1080i TS stream with iPad 2 (A5 dual core, 512mb ram) and they don't play well so i think will be the same also on ATV3 (A5 single core, 512mb ram).
Only difference with ATV2 is the output: ATV3 is 1080p capable.

I think Openelec PVR build is only for ATV1 (x86), not for ATV2 (arm).

@redknight: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34798/pvr.vuplus-atv2.zip (it seems not working)
Hi jdembski,

during debug on windows I have the following message:

AddOnLog: VU+ Client: Vu::LoadChannels Loaded 4533 Channels
AddOnLog: VU+ Client: Vu::StoreChannelData Store channel data into file: 'C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\channeldata.xml'
Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x7708224d in XBMC.exe: 0xC0000005: Zugriffsverletzung beim Schreiben an Position 0x00000014.
Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x753bd36f in XBMC.exe: Microsoft C++-Ausnahme: access_violation an Speicherposition 0x0a1ce80c..
Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x7708224d in XBMC.exe: 0xC0000005: Zugriffsverletzung beim Schreiben an Position 0x00000014.
Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x753bd36f in XBMC.exe: Microsoft C++-Ausnahme: access_violation an Speicherposition 0x0a1cd658..
SECTION:UnloadDll(C:\source\xbmc\addons\pvr.vuplus\XBMC_vuplus_win32.pvr)
"XBMC.exe": "C:\source\xbmc\addons\pvr.vuplus\XBMC_vuplus_win32.pvr" entladen.
ADDON: Dll VU+ Client, throws an exception 'Access violation' during m_pDll->Create. Contact developer 'Joerg Dembski' with bug reports
PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::InitialiseClient - can't initialise add-on 'VU+ Client'

The file "channeldata.xml" is created but remains 0 bytes in size. I think the file can not be described.
Perhaps this will help you further.
It is still the same problem as with the old builds - to be honest: as nobody with windows / programming knowledge is trying / willing to have a look at these errors, I think I will simply remove the windows project files. If these problems cannot be fixed then there is no real point to have it compile on windows...
My IPad plays 1080p files just fine downscaled to whatever res the iPad is. Atv 3 has a better gpu than atv2, if and when xbmc is possible on it it will be a very cool xbmc box. OE PVR ATV is just for atv1 I'm afraid
I really hope that Blackhole aren't involve with XBMC4STB, they are the most unopen source of the images for VU+. Does it sound like they are getting away from enigma2 to move solely to XBMC, or will it be a mash up between the two?
Hey RedKnight did you get a chance to make that shaky hand cam of the plugin in action?
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
OS - Windows 10, Kodi Krypton
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
OS - Android TV, Kodi Jarvis 16.0
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

HP Proliant Microserver N40L
OS - Unraid 6
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217