• 30(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
As an addendum, i've had XBMC crash a couple of times and needed to restart (not related to xbmc-on-imon), but once XBMC is restarted and xbmc-on-imon takes control of the LCD display, the only things displayed are the top and bottom borders. There is no disc icon, and the speaker setup icons do not display... Until something is played, then functionality returns to normal.

[EDIT:] The above issue also happens with a normal exit & restart of XBMC. Just did a test to make sure.

Also having issues with display status not keeping up with XBMC in PVR when titles are fast-forwarded / played etc (margro-pvr-rc2 / 4therecord plugin). I suspect to diagnose these issues, a debug log will be required, so for the moment this isn't a urgent issue. Just a heads-up.
Quote:The only things displayed are the top and bottom borders. There is no disc icon, and the speaker setup icons do not display... Until something is played, then functionality returns to normal.

Also having issues with display status not keeping up with XBMC in PVR when titles are fast-forwarded / played etc (margro-pvr-rc2 / 4therecord plugin).

Second that,. I'm running identical setup.
Well, maybe the new logging procedures are doing something wrong. It's true that I did not test this kind of starting as it needs the PC to be restarted. However, I will for sure take a look at it. Just a note: now, there is only one log file, regardless of using detailed logging or not. Only the amount of information is affected.
Quote:The only things displayed are the top and bottom borders. There is no disc icon, and the speaker setup icons do not display... Until something is played, then functionality returns to normal.

Quote:Also having issues with display status not keeping up with XBMC in PVR when titles are fast-forwarded / played etc (margro-pvr-rc2 / 4therecord plugin).

I will check these issues too but a detailed debug log would be useful for the second one.
will enable it once we get over the current issues and check out what's going on and send / post a debug log.
BlackMan, any news on the log file error fix?Big Grin
In the interim, i've disabled the "start with windows" option, but added an entry to the "startup" menu within the start menu to accomplish the same thing without the error appearing. As i don't keep a keyboard routinely attached to the HTPC this was the best short-term solution.
I cannot run your app Sad

Says:
String reference mot set to instance of string

have latest iMon app working + Eden

Can you advice please what shall I do (I;d love to have your program working...)

Err log:
Code:
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] Error while calling JSON RPC method "Player.GetActivePlayers"
    InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray' to type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue'.
            at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Convert[T,U](T token, Boolean cast)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Convert[T,U](T token)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[T,U](IEnumerable`1 value)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[U](IEnumerable`1 value)
   at XBMC.JsonRpc.JsonRpcClient.parseResponse(StreamReader reader)
   at XBMC.JsonRpc.JsonRpcClient.Call(String method, Object args)
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] Player.GetActivePlayers(): Invalid response
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] {
  "code": -32601,
  "message": "Method not found."
}
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] Error while calling JSON RPC method "System.GetInfoLabels"
    JsonRpcErrorException: Method not found.
            at XBMC.JsonRpc.JsonRpcClient.parseError(JObject error)
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] System.GetInfoLabels(System.Time(hh), System.Time(mm), System.Time(ss)): invalid response
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] Could not get current time
    KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
            at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at iMon.XBMC.XbmcHandler.xbmcConnected(Object sender, EventArgs e)
}
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] Error while calling JSON RPC method "System.GetInfoLabels"
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] System.GetInfoLabels(System.BuildVersion): invalid response
}
2012-03-25 01:49:44 [XBMC] System.GetInfoLabels(System.BuildDate): invalid response
(2012-03-25, 01:18)gibxxi Wrote: In the interim, i've disabled the "start with windows" option, but added an entry to the "startup" menu within the start menu to accomplish the same thing without the error appearing. As i don't keep a keyboard routinely attached to the HTPC this was the best short-term solution.

Thanks for the heads up gibxxi
I will do the same for now

ThanksBig Grin
No worries Bolter, glad to be of help.

Wink
Hi,

Since I'm very busy nowadays (and I will be until the end of March), I made no progress in the log error issue and I'm sorry for that. However, I was thinking about the same workaround as gibxxi suggested - I know that it is not a perfect solution but if it works... I will try to fix it as soon as I'm available. Thanks for your understanding.

parslej: You probably have wrong version of XbmcOniMon. Please, read the README file, read this thread, and when reporting a bug, post !!!VERSIONS!!! of the !!!APPLICATIONS!!! you are using... What version of XbmcOniMon (0.1.4.0, 0.1.9.1, 0.1.9.2 or whatHuh), what version of XBMC (Eden Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3 or whatHuh)...
(2012-03-27, 08:19)BlackMan Wrote: parslej: You probably have wrong version of XbmcOniMon. Please, read the README file, read this thread, and when reporting a bug, post !!!VERSIONS!!! of the !!!APPLICATIONS!!! you are using... What version of XbmcOniMon (0.1.4.0, 0.1.9.1, 0.1.9.2 or whatHuh), what version of XBMC (Eden Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3 or whatHuh)...

I've downloaded recent version

Here is what I've got:

Sad 
(2012-03-13, 16:12)Deafty Wrote: Finally got it working Sweet!!! Rofl
changed xbmc port in "advanced settings.xml" along with "xbmc on imon" ports

<advancedsettings>
<jsonrpc>
<compactoutput>false</compactoutput>
<tcpport>xxxx</tcpport> (x= my port #'s)
</jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

i tried this but it still didnt connect i used zenmap to find a unused port put that in but no go..
This maybe be stupid. but im waiting for a origen ae m10 case.

Isn't XBMC info playback supported on soundgraph software, at least they claim it. Whats the benefits of using something like this over the imon software?

I got so many oter software running, with it its own quirks, and i really hope this isnt so difficult to setup, still, i ahve the issue of not having the chance to deselect xbmc inside the media information tab inside imon
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2012-04-04, 00:50)ToXIc69 Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 16:12)Deafty Wrote: Finally got it working Sweet!!! Rofl
changed xbmc port in "advanced settings.xml" along with "xbmc on imon" ports

<advancedsettings>
<jsonrpc>
<compactoutput>false</compactoutput>
<tcpport>xxxx</tcpport> (x= my port #'s)
</jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

i tried this but it still didnt connect i used zenmap to find a unused port put that in but no go..

Hiya, You still need to set port number in XBMC (the same number)
XBMC-->settings-->Network--> then under port
Ohm, and delete "(x= my port #'s)" from advanced xml
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7