• 31(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2012-03-24, 01:49)TJ_98 Wrote: Ok this is the last time I will comment in this thread. I still find the artwork downloader to be problematic. And it is clearly not helping the servers that it is pulling artwork from.

Example: If I want to change a banner on a tv show, the artwork downloader loads a all of the available artwork for the entire show which is causing excess traffic for all of the involved sites. If it would ask me what I wanted to change before searching It would never search fanart.tv because they don't host banners.

Wrong. it only gets a 10kb file (or something)

Quote:Example2: If I want to change a Logo for a tv show it shouldn't be pulling all of the artwork from thetvdb.com because it doesn't host those.

What has happened as more people have upgraded to XBMC 11 is that it is flooding these sites asking for artwork the user doesn't use and it is also wasting the users drive space by caching files for later use.
Wrong again. (same answer as above)

Quote:I would Like to say that the Idea behind the Artwork downloader is briliant but it needs reworked to help make things more efficient. I wish I had the ability to contribute in that way. I commend Martijn for his amazing work on it but I have never been able to get it to work for me. (I will be re installing my media center this weekend so we will see how it goes after)

I know what I am doing here. Results are saved 96 hours before even being refreshed from the providers and ONLY when you ask it to get that artwork and again it's only something like 10kb/20kb
And if the provider start complaining i even make it a week.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn -

Love the latest updates in 1.08 RC11!

I have a couple questions about season items. I've downloaded season posters, and everything seems to work as you designed (seasonx-poster.jpg), but re-scraping a show seems to ignore these posters, instead selecting new ones from TheTvDB. I have noticed previously that if i have seasonX.jpg, then the scrapers pick up my local season posters.

Is this by design? Does XBMC now look for "seasonX-poster" in addition to "seasonX" when scraping? Or is the intent for skins to look locally for this artwork and disregard what was scraped if both exist?

Thank you!
I just tried to dl everything for my Shows.
It worked for the standard stuff like extrafanart, posters... but not for clearart, charart, logo...
latest xbmc and artwork downloader.
(2012-03-25, 21:51)TeKo Wrote: I just tried to dl everything for my Shows.
It worked for the standard stuff like extrafanart, posters... but not for clearart, charart, logo...
latest xbmc and artwork downloader.

The reason why you can't download anything from http://fanart.tv:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1053539

or read their newsletter
Oh, yea seems pretty hard to host a free site that people mainly use for the API without AD income.
i've disabled "show dialog on finished/errors"
but it still shows me the stats that it downloaded "x" ammount of art.
is there a way to disable that info ?
it even shows sometimes in during the movie play.

tell me if you need a log.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2012-03-25, 21:54)Martijn Wrote: The reason why you can't download anything from http://fanart.tv:

Martijn... is that the same reason why gui mode does not display all the art-type ?
For example in TVShows i don't see any Thumb 16:9 (landscape.jpg) although are available in the site.

Cheers
Nessus
(2012-03-27, 17:07)TRaSH Wrote: i've disabled "show dialog on finished/errors"
but it still shows me the stats that it downloaded "x" ammount of art.
is there a way to disable that info ?
it even shows sometimes in during the movie play.

tell me if you need a log.

you disable the dialog which has the button "report" on it and you have the ENTER/ESCAPE it to disappear.

The pop up notification can't be disabled and I will never will.
The reason for this is that users need to know where the images are coming from and hopefully contribute to those sites.
That's by why the http://fanart.tv site has issues now because lot's of users are getting there artwork from there but only a hadnfull actually donate/contribute.
(2012-03-27, 17:39)nessus Wrote:
(2012-03-25, 21:54)Martijn Wrote: The reason why you can't download anything from http://fanart.tv:

Martijn... is that the same reason why gui mode does not display all the art-type ?
For example in TVShows i don't see any Thumb 16:9 (landscape.jpg) although are available in the site.

Cheers
Nessus

Correct...

We have a solution at the moment and are transferring to a new server which costs a lot more Sad ....
So hopefully users make their own conclusion and do their part Smile
I don't see in advanced section possibility to set Central Movie or TV show fanart folder. The 1.0.9 version
Hi Martijn,

lately i noticed i dont get the popup anymore about the addon downloading new stuff when i startup xbmc. i havent changed any settings. i use version 1.09 and i have enabled download in background and startup addon when startup xbmc. also when i check latest download history it has a date of 22nd of march. running on xbmc 11.0 and using aeon mq3.

if u need a log let me know. thanks a lot!
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
(2012-03-27, 21:16)Ajedi Wrote: Hi Martijn,

lately i noticed i dont get the popup anymore about the addon downloading new stuff when i startup xbmc. i havent changed any settings. i use version 1.09 and i have enabled download in background and startup addon when startup xbmc. also when i check latest download history it has a date of 22nd of march. running on xbmc 11.0 and using aeon mq3.

if u need a log let me know. thanks a lot!

Working fine here
hi martijn i had some problems with the latest mq3 skin aswell so i did a clean install and now i also deleted my profile folder and it seems to work fine again.
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
Hey buddy, I've heard there's been a few problems with fanart.tv but should artwork downloader be scraping movie logos by now?
How does the artwork downloader determine the folder name of the show?

I had a couple of tv shows in folders e.g. smb:\\storage\tv\csi and smb:\\storage\tv\castle

I renamed csi to CSI Crime Scene Investigation as it got scraped as CSI NY, and renamed castle to Castle (2009) as some other TV show as being scraped.

I removed both from the library, and updated the library again. When going into the tv show info and hitting "get artwork" it wasn't returning anything so I went to programs and ran the addon in bulk mode. I saw it downloaded some art but when checking smb:\\storage\tv I noticed it created a CSI and Castle directory with the incorrect art in there

I performed a db cleanup to no avail, in the end I completely removed the TV directory and scraped it all again so I don't have a debug log for you
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18