• 177(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
1. Please get a debug log.

2. Sounds like a skin issue, perhaps. Please try Confluence and see if you have the same problem. If so, I'll check out Aeon MQ3 to see what can be done on my end.

3. Yes, this can happen. It's a relatively large program, and in Python. Plus, there's quite a bit of multithreading. I think it can take too long at times, but I have yet to come up with a good solution.

4. This is an Eden issue. A scripting feature was removed that allowed me to make things smooth, like I can do in Dharma. Again, looking for optimizations, but I'm not terribly optimistic about making this much better. I don't think XBMC scripting was ever designed to draw graphics, especially over video.

I made some changes to the season / episode thing. It has a space between them now (S01 E10) and includes a leading zero for each if necessary.

If there is redundancy for you (I haven't seen this yet, how do I enable it?) then just turn off the PTV setting.
(2012-03-26, 01:28)Glave Wrote: Anyone had a problem with missing channels? I just installed Eden from scratch, grabbed the latest pre-stable, and doing ZERO cahnges to the default config, Channel #1 (NBC) is missing. All of the others auto created.

My first guess is that you're running something other than Windows. I suspect that XBMC doesn't know the duration of any videos for that channel. In Dharma I could figure out the duration myself, but this is no longer possible in Eden, except in Windows.

Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
So Jason....reading your last post above, leads me to believe that if I want to use PseudoTV exclusively on XBMC, it is better to stay with Dharma than to move forward with Eden?
Is anyone else using Eden and now sees a slowdown in PseudoTV performance. If that is the case, why switch?

Thanks,
Mark
(2012-03-26, 01:35)Jason102 Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 01:28)Glave Wrote: Anyone had a problem with missing channels? I just installed Eden from scratch, grabbed the latest pre-stable, and doing ZERO cahnges to the default config, Channel #1 (NBC) is missing. All of the others auto created.

My first guess is that you're running something other than Windows. I suspect that XBMC doesn't know the duration of any videos for that channel. In Dharma I could figure out the duration myself, but this is no longer possible in Eden, except in Windows.

Correct, I'm in linux. The odd thing is, I was using RC2 and didn't have too much of an issue, it's only been the final version causing me grief.

mwkurt: I certainly won't tell you not to upgrade. There are quite a few improvements in Eden that make it worth getting. Purely from the perspective of PseudoTV, though, Dharma has several features that Eden doesn't have.

Glave: Perhaps there is some other issue. Please provide a debug log.
(2012-03-26, 14:15)Jason102 Wrote: mwkurt: I certainly won't tell you not to upgrade. There are quite a few improvements in Eden that make it worth getting. Purely from the perspective of PseudoTV, though, Dharma has several features that Eden doesn't have.

I am fully satisfied with Dharma and as of right now, do not see a need to upgrade to Eden ( if it ain't broke, no need to fix), besides I am afraid to screw up my install.

So I guess what I now need to know is will you still support Dharma or will you abandon it for Eden?

Also...had anyone else upgraded to Eden and notice a hit to the EPG display?

Thanks,
Mark
(2012-03-26, 01:35)Jason102 Wrote: 1. Please get a debug log.

2. Sounds like a skin issue, perhaps. Please try Confluence and see if you have the same problem. If so, I'll check out Aeon MQ3 to see what can be done on my end.

3. Yes, this can happen. It's a relatively large program, and in Python. Plus, there's quite a bit of multithreading. I think it can take too long at times, but I have yet to come up with a good solution.

4. This is an Eden issue. A scripting feature was removed that allowed me to make things smooth, like I can do in Dharma. Again, looking for optimizations, but I'm not terribly optimistic about making this much better. I don't think XBMC scripting was ever designed to draw graphics, especially over video.

I made some changes to the season / episode thing. It has a space between them now (S01 E10) and includes a leading zero for each if necessary.

If there is redundancy for you (I haven't seen this yet, how do I enable it?) then just turn off the PTV setting.
[quote='Glave' pid='1055765' dateline='1332718127']
Anyone had a problem with missing channels? I just installed Eden from scratch, grabbed the latest pre-stable, and doing ZERO cahnges to the default config, Channel #1 (NBC) is missing. All of the others auto created.

1. Ok here's the log: http://www.box.com/s/2f6f8958b73aa8215c13 It stopped at 3 shows on channel 9 then hung. Had to kill XBMC.

2. Yep, Confluence displays everything correctly. Obviously this is an Aeon MQ3 glitch.

3. Gotcha. It used to lock-up the whole XBMC program. Not anymore so not a big deal.

4. Well that's kind of silly of them.

The spacing issue I saw when season/episode was enabled was that there wasn't a space directly after the title of the episode.

I'm assuming that it's the skin I'm using that automatically adds the season/episode number (i.e. 1.1) before the episode title. I did nothing to enable it.
There's a problem with the link to the log, looks like it's not complete.
(2012-03-26, 17:41)Jason102 Wrote: There's a problem with the link to the log, looks like it's not complete.

Hmm. Works fine for me. I opened it in Chrome. It won't display it but gives you the option to download it. It downloaded just fine for me.

Give it another shot?

Or, try this one: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6670163_7022705_322579
(2012-03-26, 18:04)accurateweb Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 17:41)Jason102 Wrote: There's a problem with the link to the log, looks like it's not complete.

Hmm. Works fine for me. I opened it in Chrome. It won't display it but gives you the option to download it. It downloaded just fine for me.

Give it another shot?

Or, try this one: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6670163_7022705_322579

I don't wish to speak for Jason, but could you by any chance post your debug log here: www.pastebin.com

That is pretty much the standard way to get help here in a timely manner.

Mark
Ok, looks like there was a problem with my FLV parser when dealing with one of your files. Get the latest stable-pre and try that.
Quote:I don't wish to speak for Jason, but could you by any chance post your debug log here: www.pastebin.com

That is pretty much the standard way to get help here in a timely manner.

Mark

I tried but this particular file is larger than what is allowed unless one is a Pro Member. Thank you though for the suggestion.
(2012-03-26, 18:38)Jason102 Wrote: Ok, looks like there was a problem with my FLV parser when dealing with one of your files. Get the latest stable-pre and try that.

***OK, tried it (v2.1.0 right?). It did not change. It hung at the exact same place.***

Oops, I must have clicked on a wrong link or something. I got the right version and not only does it fix my problem with updating channels it has sped up both start up and shut down time! Awesome!

Thanks so much.
Just some ideas:

I would really like to see the movie or tv show rating in the info box or at least in the description of the show that is displayed within the EPG. That way my kids can know if something is appropriate to watch. Would that be do-able?

Also, I really like the info display from my skin (Aeon MQ3). How difficult would it be to toggle the PseudoTV info box and the native skin info screen?
(2012-03-26, 14:15)Jason102 Wrote: Glave: Perhaps there is some other issue. Please provide a debug log.

Log was enourmous. I zipped it and threw it into dropbox, PM'd you the link.

You're seeing the classic 'no duration' issue. XBMC does not know the duration for a lot of your files, so I try to determine them myself. As I've mentioned before, though, doing this on a non-Windows system that's running Eden doesn't work (Python can't access SMB shares).

I'm actually currently working on this exact issue...hopefully I'll have some solution soon...
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25