• 76(current)
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon
(2012-03-17, 17:48)Ludeboy12 Wrote: Damn I really wish I could get this to work so I could watch the 12 hours of Sebring on my Tv instead of on my computer. Can't get the script to even load though.
Post a log. I was at the track and I watch maybe 20sec tops for the whole race.

(2012-03-17, 23:19)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: Great add on just installed for the first time today! So far I have been able to get a few videos to play (ESPN & ESPN 2) with my watchespn account info entered but anything that is on espn3 is script error.. I tried to install it with the anonymous login and swid on my iPad too and all espn 3 videos are still giving me a script error, does anyone have any espn 3 links working?

Ok seem to have got things working now something funky was going on with SWID generted from the espn site, now on to the next problem ive noticed.. The "Live" section displays videos from a day before, or from earlier in the morning e.g. 1,2,3am rarely does it get what is currently on correctly
ESPN really needs to move to 720p live streaming for watchespn. It's long overdue. They use 2800 Mbps x264 encoding for their website videos. Having to watch their live content in SD is getting annoying. I believe you can already watch the games in 720p on xbox 360.

http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articles/R...leID=77302
Is there anyways to record the videos that are streaming? I see in the config that there is an option for recorded quality but I do not see how to record..
CHRONiC YOUTH: that should say replay stream to be more accurate. It isn't recording anything. It is the type of event you are playing from the server. it is ethier live or on demand/recorded.
(2012-03-19, 21:19)BlueCop Wrote: CHRONiC YOUTH: that should say replay stream to be more accurate. It isn't recording anything. It is the type of event you are playing from the server. it is ethier live or on demand/recorded.

Ah i see thx for the response, might there ever be the possibility of adding a record feature, it would be awesome to be able to set a time to download or just download the live stream being watched (if that is even possible) and have it stored locally
Is there any detailed instructions on how canadians can get this working. I keep getting script errors when I try to configure it.
Thanks
Hello,

I have seen quite a few questions on how to install and make ESPN3 addon work for XBMC on Apple devices. These instructions work for my Ipad 2, my brother's Iphone and my sister's Apple TV. Here we go:

1/
Install ESPN3 from the bluecop repository. Here is the link:
http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-repo/
Here is the instruction on how to install repository from zip files
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...l_from_zip

2/
Go to http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData
On your browser, click File>Save As>userData.xml
Change userData.xml to userdata.xml (trust me, this is important)
Open the userdata.xml using notepad. Near the end, there is this line of code:
<personalization loginStatus="Anonymous Guest" swid="{XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX}">
Copy down the swid="{XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX} part.

3/
Go to this link http://pastebin.com/4HUBgjHW
Copy all of those text into a notepad file and name it default.py
Look for the part:
swid = '"Put your <swid> from userdata.xml here"'
req.add_header('Cookie',
'SWID="Put your <swid> from userdata.xml here"')
Replace the "Put your <swid> from userdata.xml here" with your SWID from the userdata.xml
Be careful, that you also replace the " " sign so that it will look like this
swid = 'XXXXX-XXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXXX'
req.add_header('Cookie',
'SWID=XXXXX-XXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXXX')
Look for the part:
affiliateid = '"Put your <name> from userdata.xml here"'
Replace the "Put your <name> from userdata.xml here" with whatever in the <name> part from from the userdata.xml
This is what mine looks like:
affiliateid = 'default_sso'
Save it

4/
Go to XBMC
Change the ESPN addon settings on the Login tab as follows:
Use Custom User Files = On
Enable Login = On
Put in your login info
Change cable provider to whatever you have.

5/
I assume you already have a jailbroken apple devices. Use WinSCP to SSH to your root Apple devices account.
If you don't know what WinSCP and SSH for apple devices, look it up!!! Basically, you must be able to access internal files from your device
Go to \var\mobile\Library\Preferences\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.espn3\
Create a folder name "custom"
Inside that folder, put the userdata.xml and default.py files.

6/
Start up XBMC and enjoy some games!!!

Don't follow those instructions.

he has no concept of what he is doing.
can somebody help me it's not working, I am using ATV 2
Author: Ksosez, Bluecop
Version: 0.9.9
I got this message:

Error script failed: plugin.video.espn3

here is the Log file link:
http://pastebin.com/D1fTWYEt

thanks.
@batarfihm try the guide I put above

Make sure the userData.xml file renames to userdata.xml. This line of code clearly indicates that you don't have the userdata.xml or did not change it accordingly.

IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3/userdata.xml')

Also, not sure why bluecop dismisses my little tutorial. The default.py file I got from a previous poster on this thread. The name change from userData.xml to userdata.xml is necessary because apparently XBMC on apple devices won't recognize the file name.
(2012-03-27, 13:56)vi6s Wrote: @batarfihm try the guide I put above

Make sure the userData.xml file renames to userdata.xml. This line of code clearly indicates that you don't have the userdata.xml or did not change it accordingly.

IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.espn3/userdata.xml')

Also, not sure why bluecop dismisses my little tutorial. The default.py file I got from a previous poster on this thread. The name change from userData.xml to userdata.xml is necessary because apparently XBMC on apple devices won't recognize the file name.

Man I got lost with number 3, please make your steps sample for me and every one.

I don't know were can I find my swid = '"Put your <swid> from userdata.xml here"'

so, please make it easy for us.

or upload the file that you have so we can use it.

regards,
vi6s: You don't understand what you are doing.

replacing the default.py completely invalidates everything else you suggest doing.

if you remove step 3 then it would work the same. I am not sure if you meant to replace the default.py or not. replacing it is a bad idea.
(2012-03-27, 06:00)batarfihm Wrote: can somebody help me it's not working, I am using ATV 2
Author: Ksosez, Bluecop
Version: 0.9.9
I got this message:

Error script failed: plugin.video.espn3

here is the Log file link:
http://pastebin.com/D1fTWYEt

thanks.

please I need help !
Anyone have an issue where you can't change the layout/view/whatever you want to call it for individual items? In Aeon Nox I'm ALWAYS getting one view once I get to the lowest level no matter what I select in the skin.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon12