• 22(current)
[WIP] "Breeze"
Okay, I'm not gonna say this again...

If there are any screens that only take up the top left hand of the display it's because they have not been coded yet!

You don't have to tell me about those issues, I know!

This is still a very much work in progress skin, so there are some sections that I haven't even looked at yet. The reason they don't fill up the whole screen is because the skin I used as a base (Aeon Nox) is 720p, I am now coding mine in 1080.

I have just run most (may have missed a couple) of the xml's I haven't done yet through a tool which should convert them to 1080, so in the next update they will (hopefully) fill up the whole screen. They still won't match the skin though!

PS. That's not just aimed at you alexo, but quite a few people have been saying the same thing and I'm tired of telling everyone why it is like that :p

(2012-03-25, 15:03)Eddage Wrote: Okay, I'm not gonna say this again...

If there are any screens that only take up the top left hand of the display it's because they have not been coded yet!

You don't have to tell me about those issues, I know!

This is still a very much work in progress skin, so there are some sections that I haven't even looked at yet. The reason they don't fill up the whole screen is because the skin I used as a base (Aeon Nox) is 720p, I am now coding mine in 1080.

I have just run most (may have missed a couple) of the xml's I haven't done yet through a tool which should convert them to 1080, so in the next update they will (hopefully) fill up the whole screen. They still won't match the skin though!

PS. That's not just aimed at you alexo, but quite a few people have been saying the same thing and I'm tired of telling everyone why it is like that :p

Figured I would quote so your post would show up twice. lol

BTW, Nox has a fully working 1080p branch now and will actually replace the 720 branch sometime in the near future. Not sure if this would help you though because I have no idea where you are in your progress.
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/tree/1080
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I'm sorry man, I had a look throughout this topic to see if someone had the same problem (I know it happens all the time that ppl ask hundreds time for the same thing), but I haven't looked in all 32 pages Smile my bad.

Sorry again Smile
Just pushed an update to github, version 0.3.0...

01/03/2012
  • Added Horizontal/Metro home view
  • Reworked current views to keep consistent style
  • Other changes that I forgot to write down as I went along and have now forgotten.... :p

Small bug on the music section of the new home screen, if you try to select the "featured album" it doesn't play it, it only stops what's currently playing.

Other than that, the new home screen looks great. Two small pieces of feedback though:
1) I like the vertical now playing widget more than the new small one
2) I would much rather have the menu above the tiles like in metro

Quick mockup of what I mean:
v0.3 is looking AWESOME. I love the improvements!

Some thoughts so far based on:

1. The 'Watched' icon - would it be better to show in the upper right hand corner vs. the lower left? It might be a bit more visible there, since many posters have less 'stuff there vs. the lower right.

2. No option to display 'Watched' icon in TV shows Episode View.

3. Ability to customize the main tile in the Metro TV and Films view to give the user choice of Latest, Random (Featured), or Currently Watching.

4. TV Show logo, in the Episode view, is not aligned with the info panel at the bottom. The top line of the panel goes through the logo.

5. Is there a way to turn on plot scrolling on the Episode view?

6. The Weather+ addon seems to be pretty much dead at this point. It looks like Weather Underground (the new default for XBMC) is being expanded by Ronie to include pretty much everything Weather+ did and more. Might want to keep that in mind when you work on weather. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1054392

I'll keep posting as I learn more about the latest build.
awesome work!
do you plan on adding pvr suport?
(2012-03-25, 23:57)Eddage Wrote: Just pushed an update to github, version 0.3.0...

01/03/2012
  • Added Horizontal/Metro home view
  • Reworked current views to keep consistent style
  • Other changes that I forgot to write down as I went along and have now forgotten.... :p
Lika a boss. This looks fucking brilliant. Big Grin
WOW! you've really taken it in a different direction with the Metro styling I love it! I am a sucker for the bright light skins (been rocking alaska mod for the last year) but this is definitely a contender to replace it once its finished! amazing job dude. Nod
a little bug, when you disable a horizontal menu, it seems to not remove it completely, so for example i have removed weather, but it still appears. The problem is that when you scroll along the menu, each item gets bigger and gets highlighted when you select it, except when it gets to weather, this item still gets bigger, as if you had selected a correct item, but it does not get highlighted black, instead, the black moves on to the next item, so then the black highlighting and the increase of the menu item text size becomes out of sync. Does that make any sense at all?!

heres a shot to try to explain, look at the weather label and settings label. in this instance i had moved along the menu list and got to weather but this is what happens

Just downloaded the v0.3.0 and I must say I'm VERY impressed. Excellent piece of work!

One request if mentioned before: a view for episode in the horizontal style of "Poster Fixed" would be great as some like to have the same "view/feel" for all levels of tvshows (shows/seasons/episodes).

Possible ? :-)
www.emuxtras.net | EFnet #EmuXtras
Just one question. When you set one of the + tiles to Genres, Year etc under TV-shows or Films, how do I change them again?
would be sweet if we could like the tv +tiles to a show direct
(2012-03-27, 06:18)Tobby Wrote: Just one question. When you set one of the + tiles to Genres, Year etc under TV-shows or Films, how do I change them again?

You can also change it under Breeze settings. in fact I didn't know you could change them from the main menu if they were not currently set until you said something.
(2012-03-27, 07:32)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 06:18)Tobby Wrote: Just one question. When you set one of the + tiles to Genres, Year etc under TV-shows or Films, how do I change them again?

You can also change it under Breeze settings. in fact I didn't know you could change them from the main menu if they were not currently set until you said something.
Funny how things work out, huh? Thanks.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] "Breeze"14