Install Aeon Nox 2.0 from outside XBMC
I was wondering if there is a way to install 2.0 without loading up XBMC.

I just installed the official Eden build over Dharma running Aeon Nox 1.7. Now whenever I startup XBMC I see the background image for TV shows from my Dharma build, the navigation bar never comes up and XBMC freezes there. I'm thinking the error is because the old aeon nox skin is crashing it (I can't be sure).

Any thoughts on what I can do? I looked in my addons folder in the XBMC directory and I can't even find the Aeon Nox add on. Not sure what to do.

Thanks.
You can find the package here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/skin.aeon.nox/

Be sure to restart XBMC when usiong this version. There's a bug that requires xbmc to at least startup once when using this skin.
When installing manually you also have to make sure all the required add-ons are installed to use the skin to its potential.
I'm in now. Reinstalled Dharma, switched the skin to Confluence and then installed Eden again. How do I install Aeon Nox 2.0 from here?

*EDIT* Uninstalled the skin. Can only find 1.7 in the add-ons section in XBMC. Just downloaded the zip and tried to install from that within XBMC. I get a "Dependencies not met" error. Any ideas?
I'm having a similar problem. Manually uninstalled 1.7.0 after upgrading to Eden, but I still only see that version (1.7.0) within XBMC and not 2.0...

How can I be sure XBMC is pulling from the correct repository? Thanks!
I unzipped manually to the addons folder in the xbmc directory and it seems to be working now.

I'm having troubles with the random movies and tv show widgets not showing any of the artwork and I can't seem to work out how to have the music menu jump straight to albums like it used to but other than that all good.
(2012-03-26, 12:29)Treytor Wrote: I'm having a similar problem. Manually uninstalled 1.7.0 after upgrading to Eden, but I still only see that version (1.7.0) within XBMC and not 2.0...

I'm also only seeing 1.7. Any ideas?
(2012-03-26, 18:34)ElanX Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 12:29)Treytor Wrote: I'm having a similar problem. Manually uninstalled 1.7.0 after upgrading to Eden, but I still only see that version (1.7.0) within XBMC and not 2.0...

I'm also only seeing 1.7. Any ideas?

completely uninstall it, delete skin.aeon.nox folder by hand if needed, force a refresh on xbmc addons and you should be able to download 2.0.
or download the skin from github and replace the content from skin.aeon.nox with that.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hi I am having the same problem.

Installed Eden over my Dharma with Aeon Nox 1.7 as my main skin.
And it doesn't find 2.0 in the skins list.

I tried uninstalling the skin but it made no difference.

Phil65: How do I "force a refresh on xbmc addons"?
context menu from xbmc.org repo addon.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Thanks!

That made it work.
(2012-03-27, 19:33)phil65 Wrote: context menu from xbmc.org repo addon.

Thanks Phil. Is there a setting somewhere for how often this refreshes on its own? And add-ons auto-update?
there´s one general auto-update button (in media menu i think)
(2012-03-27, 20:01)ElanX Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 19:33)phil65 Wrote: context menu from xbmc.org repo addon.

Thanks Phil. Is there a setting somewhere for how often this refreshes on its own? And add-ons auto-update?

(2012-03-27, 20:07)phil65 Wrote: there´s one general auto-update button (in media menu i think)

In general the XBMC repo will auto update every 6 hours to see if there are new versions available and will auto install them.
We have noticed that somethimes when doing an upgrade the addons15.db becomes broken and the auto update doesn't work properly.

A force refresh sometimes fixes this. Another option is to delete the addons15.db and do a restart
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install Aeon Nox 2.0 from outside XBMC0