[RELEASE] Picasa Desktop
LoL Wrote:Hey datom,

Thx for the update! Didn't see it untill now.... my bad :confused2:

I'm running it on:
- XBMC: OpenELEC version (11.0 Beta2 build jan 29 2012)
- Win 7
- Picasa 3.8.0

Problem is now that it says "only default location currently supported" Sad

I would love for this to work because of the same reasons you've described:
click to create albums in picasa and watch it on my tv Big Grin

Hope you can help me out!
Thx, LoL

hi lol,

the linux version works only if picasa is installed on the same machine as xbmc.
i will try to add the network support in the next weeks
datom Wrote:hi lol,

the linux version works only if picasa is installed on the same machine as xbmc.
i will try to add the network support in the next weeks

That would be great, thx!
Hi,

I am using Windows 7, Picasa 3.9, and XBMC Eden (although I have the same issue with Darma)

Whenever I get the path information setup correctly and attempt to use the plugin I get a script error as some of the previous posters have. I have tried configuring the Picasa software in different ways (default locations, local path...) with no luck. Here is my latest log segement.

If anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it:

16:49:26 T:1276 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:49:30 T:5332 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting add
16:50:05 T:6100 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:50:05 T:6100 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:50:05 T:6100 NOTICE: use path: D:\TestMe\Local Settings\Application Data
16:50:05 T:6100 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
16:50:05 T:6100 ERROR: Error Contents: libpicasa instance has no attribute 'conf_dbid'
16:50:05 T:6100 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\XBMC11\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.picasa-desktop\default.py", line 166, in <module>
picasaDesktop()
File "D:\XBMC11\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.picasa-desktop\default.py", line 59, in __init__
self.listAlbum()
File "D:\XBMC11\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.picasa-desktop\default.py", line 70, in listAlbum
albumlist = picasa.album_list()
File "D:\XBMC11\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.picasa-desktop\default.py", line 115, in album_list
for infile in glob.glob( os.path.join(self.conf_home, self.conf_dbid, '*.pal') ):
AttributeError: libpicasa instance has no attribute 'conf_dbid'
16:50:05 T:6644 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.picasa-desktop
16:50:05 T:6644 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.picasa-desktop) failed

Thanks.

hi,

it looks like that google changes the database location in picasa 3.9
a workaround for that is not possible

(2012-03-28, 00:54)TPXBMC Wrote: Hi,

I am using Windows 7, Picasa 3.9, and XBMC Eden (although I have the same issue with Darma)

Whenever I get the path information setup correctly and attempt to use the plugin I get a script error as some of the previous posters have. I have tried configuring the Picasa software in different ways (default locations, local path...) with no luck. Here is my latest log segement.

If anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it:

16:49:26 T:1276 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:49:30 T:5332 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting add
16:50:05 T:6100 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:50:05 T:6100 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:50:05 T:6100 NOTICE: use path: D:\TestMe\Local Settings\Application Data
16:50:05 T:6100 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
16:50:05 T:6100 ERROR: Error Contents: libpicasa instance has no attribute 'conf_dbid'
16:50:05 T:6100 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\XBMC11\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.picasa-desktop\default.py", line 166, in <module>
picasaDesktop()
File "D:\XBMC11\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.picasa-desktop\default.py", line 59, in __init__
self.listAlbum()
File "D:\XBMC11\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.picasa-desktop\default.py", line 70, in listAlbum
albumlist = picasa.album_list()
File "D:\XBMC11\portable_data\addons\plugin.image.picasa-desktop\default.py", line 115, in album_list
for infile in glob.glob( os.path.join(self.conf_home, self.conf_dbid, '*.pal') ):
AttributeError: libpicasa instance has no attribute 'conf_dbid'
16:50:05 T:6644 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.picasa-desktop
16:50:05 T:6644 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.picasa-desktop) failed

Thanks.

Hi datom,

because your solution for our problem is the only one all over www (I've spent a lot of time now over this),
i would love to know, if you are planning to fix this Picasa 3.9 - Issue soon!?

Please let us know!

Thank you very much
Greetings vom Vienna!
Dominik
(2012-05-14, 18:52)snowboada33 Wrote: Hi datom,

because your solution for our problem is the only one all over www (I've spent a lot of time now over this),
i would love to know, if you are planning to fix this Picasa 3.9 - Issue soon!?

Please let us know!

Thank you very much
Greetings vom Vienna!
Dominik

hi dominik,

yes i'm working on a new version to fix the picasa 3.9 problem. i plan to release it in 1-2 weeks.
Hi datom, any update on this, would be great to get it working with 3.9. Cheers. Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Picasa Desktop1