Sub Menu Backgrounds
Hoping someone can help - i cant really make heads or tails of the home.xml to edit the home screen.

I am using 3 custom buttons for the home which have sub menus - what i would like to do is set the backgrounds for the submenu items.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

(i have came across an old thread that detailed this but it instructions dont seem to apply anymore probably due the updates in the last year)

Windows, Eden Beta 3 and Transparency 4
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
things may have slightly changed, but nothings has changed drastically in this regard.

which instructions did you try?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thank for coming back to me - it was this post

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90504

I just can't get my head around it. I cant find the points it references to insert the code
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
ok, insert this piece of code at line 29 in Home.xml:

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Container(8001).ListItem.Icon]</imagepath>
    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    <timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(AnimateBackgrounds)">backgroundanimation</include>
    <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
    <visible>Control.HasFocus(8001) + !Player.HasVideo + ![[Control.HasFocus(5044) + !IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7021))] | [Control.HasFocus(5045) + !IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7022))] | [Control.HasFocus(5046) + !IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7023))] | [Control.HasFocus(5047) + !IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7024))] | [Control.HasFocus(5048) + !IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7025))]]</visible>
</control>

next, find the code for the submenu bottons in Includes_Home.xml (lines 3043-4276)
for each submenubutton you're interested in, add a fanart image:
Code:
<item id="8103">
    <description>Menu Movies Sub Genres</description>
    [b]<icon>path/to/your/custom/background.jpg</icon>[/b]
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
perfect - thanks for your help!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
hi ronnie,

quick question - I have noticed that if I don't background set for any other menu item like the actors or genre for tv/movies it displays the last displayed custom background not just the default one. Will i have to manually enter a background for all my submenu backgrounds or is there a way if there is not one selected that it can default to the main item background?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2012-03-28, 23:59)syborg Wrote: hi ronnie,

quick question - I have noticed that if I don't background set for any other menu item like the actors or genre for tv/movies it displays the last displayed custom background not just the default one. Will i have to manually enter a background for all my submenu backgrounds or is there a way if there is not one selected that it can default to the main item background?

hmm.. i would expect to see no background instead. no idea why the previous one would stick.

you may try to define a fallback image, though i'm not 100% sure it would work.

<imagepath background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg">$INFO[Container(8001).ListItem.Icon]</imagepath>
That's done it! Thanks!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
thanks for your help again. I was hoping you could point me in the right direction again. I have a similar sort of problem again to last time although in a slightly different place.

I have a made a radio section on my home page and set backgrounds following your instructions above. These radio stations are made up of a strm file and a matching tbn for the cover art. The last cover art tbn is now appearing when I pause any other video strm that doesnt have a cover art work specified for the pause screen.
I assume that a fall back image is required somewhere but I have no idea where this might go.

Hope if you have some time you could help out.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sub Menu Backgrounds0