• 60(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
(2012-03-25, 22:12)tssgery Wrote: For anyone looking to setup a Musicbrainz mirror...

I just did this myself and created a full installable ISO image based upon Turnkey Linux (which is in turn Ubuntu based). You should be able to download the iso image and install to either physical hardware or onto any virtualization hypervisor (VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, etc), then run one script and you'll be done.

The ISO image can be found at www.aceshome.com. Here are the steps necessary:
- Download the ISO and install it somewhere
- Run the /root/setup_musicbrainz script which will download and import the latest database exports. This script may take several hours to run.

I just did this yesterday but the machine seem to be running quite well so far.

BTW, I have also build a similar installable system that includes HeadPhones, CouchPotato, Sickbeard, and SabNZBd if you're interested. That is also available on my website.

Just in case anyone was wondering I was able to get this setup quite easily and is now servicing my headphones requests quite nicely. I used a 60GB VM and according to Linux it is using about 30GB of that VM for the full MusicBrainz database. Great work and thanks for doing this. I may still donate to help the cause for the private server, but since the issues started with the API blocking headphones has been almost unusable I wanted to give this a go first and see where things were at.
For anyone using my musicbrainz ISO, replication packets are not working in v0.2. I have a new version with this addressed but my hosting provide/wordpress is giving me nothing but fits. When I get that sorted, I will post it. Until then, you can manually fix your v0.2 deployment by performing a few manual steps and reloading the database. In short:

Change the system to slave mode by editing /var/www/musicbrainz_server/lib/DBDefs.pm and change the line that says:

Quote:sub REPLICATION_TYPE { RT_STANDALONE }
to
Quote:sub REPLICATION_TYPE { RT_SLAVE }

Then drop and reload the database
Quote:dropdb -U postgres musicbrainz_db
/root/setup_musicbrainz

Next, we need to install a few perl modules and setup a cron job to load the packets hourly.

To install the perl modules, run the following commands
Quote:cpanm Moose aliased LWP::UserAgent Cache::Memory Cache::Memcached::Fast DBIx::Connector DBD::Pg -n

Then create a file in the /etc/crond.daily directory called "mb_loadRep", with the following contents
Quote:#!/bin/sh
DIRECTORY=`cat /etc/MUSICBRAINZ`
cd $DIRECTORY
cd admin/replication
./LoadReplicationChanges > /var/log/mb_loadRep.log

and make it executable
Quote:chmod +x /etc/cron.hourly/mb_loadRel

That should do it. As I said it might be easier/faster to install a new version when I have it available but I went through the above steps and it worked for me
Could you update the first post with instruction on how to make a donation to use the VIP Server, and then how to set it up. I'm confused and really just want to starting using headphone again.
(2012-03-29, 16:36)simplechords Wrote: Could you update the first post with instruction on how to make a donation to use the VIP Server, and then how to set it up. I'm confused and really just want to starting using headphone again.

If you just want to donate you can go to this site where they have setup the private server.

http://headphones.codeshy.com/vip/
Quote:Next, we need to install a few perl modules and setup a cron job to load the packets hourly.

Quote: cpanm Moose aliased LWP:UserAgent Cache::Memory Cache::Memcached::Fast DBIx::Connector DBD:Tongueg -n

will these updates be pretty quick? I'm running this on an atom pc and the initial db creation takes forever.
(2012-03-29, 18:37)jdoggvt Wrote:
Quote:Next, we need to install a few perl modules and setup a cron job to load the packets hourly.

Quote: cpanm Moose aliased LWP:UserAgent Cache::Memory Cache::Memcached::Fast DBIx::Connector DBD:Tongueg -n

will these updates be pretty quick? I'm running this on an atom pc and the initial db creation takes forever.

The commands above are quick, yes. But i haven't found a way to convert from standalone mode to slave mode without dropping the database and reloading it. It's the drop and reload that takes the time.

Gotcha. Thanks again for the mirror iso, I had it up and running and everything seemed to be working really well. I did run into an issue dropping the database, it kept saying another user was connected. I was able to fix it like this if it's useful to anybody else:

gain access to the database service
Quote:postgres

kill all open connections
Quote:select pg_terminate_backend(procpid) from pg_stat_activity where datname='musicbrainz_db';

I was then able to dropdb as instructed
Post processing of Weird Al REALLY made it mad. Here's what directory name it gave me:

ΓÇ£\ΓÇ£Weird AlΓÇ¥ Yankovic

The artists tags did work correctly using "Weird Al" Yankovich though.

I dont get all this talk about a dedicated server for musicbranz etc.. is this needed for this app now to run? can someone update the first post with all this information. I know someone just posted the webstie to donate for the dedicated server however would be nice to have all this info on 1st post etc..
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Rembo's server is well worth the donation. My headphones flies now Big Grin
(2012-04-02, 17:20)nordberg Wrote: Rembo's server is well worth the donation. My headphones flies now Big Grin

what do we need to do to set it up?
Hope someone can help, I've just donated and everything went great with fetching the artist and album information. But when I try and mark an album as wanted I either get the following error message when inputting my newzbin details: 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\HTPC-Apps\HeadphonesDonated\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:\HTPC-Apps\HeadphonesDonated\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\HTPC-Apps\HeadphonesDonated\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\HTPC-Apps\HeadphonesDonated\headphones\webserve.py", line 167, in queueAlbum
searcher.searchforalbum(AlbumID, new)
File "C:\HTPC-Apps\HeadphonesDonated\headphones\searcher.py", line 93, in searchforalbum
foundNZB = searchNZB(albumid, new, lossless)
File "C:\HTPC-Apps\HeadphonesDonated\headphones\searcher.py", line 361, in searchNZB
sizenode = item.getElementsByTagName("reportConfusedize")[0].childNodes
IndexError: list index out of range

Or if I uncheck this and just leave my nzbmatrix details I get an error fetching data from nzbmatrix (urlopen error timed out). Help! Smile

EDIT: So I've tried it using NZB'sdotorg and nzb.su and all seems fine. However, as nzb'sdotorg is closing soon according to their main page and nzb.su requires a donation it would be nice to get nzbmatrix and/or newzbin working again. Many thanks!
rflores2323 Wrote: I dont get all this talk about a dedicated server for musicbranz etc.. is this needed for this app now to run? can someone update the first post with all this information. I know someone just posted the webstie to donate for the dedicated server however would be nice to have all this info on 1st post etc..

The donate server is not needed for headphones to run, but it guarantees you speedy searches Wink. You can also use the free server from tbueter.com, the original MB server or you can set up your own.

(2012-04-02, 19:11)simplechords Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 17:20)nordberg Wrote: Rembo's server is well worth the donation. My headphones flies now Big Grin

what do we need to do to set it up?

You can register from the link in the headphones config page, and then select the 'headphones' server accordingly. If you do that you get the possibility to fill in your registration details.

@fryster,

NZBmatrix is/was having api and rss issues. They say they have solved the problem now, but due to high traffic load it could take a while before you can access their api again. See: http://nzbmatrix.info/

About nzbs.org; they are not closing down, it's just an api change. Headphones however is not updated to use the new api yet, so you have to wait for rembo10 to change the api for nzbs.org Wink

Have two questions:

1) What exactly do the intervals for search, download scan, and library scan mean? Download-scan appears clear (checking nzbs for wanted movies?), but what's the difference between search and library scan? Also, is it possible to complete de-activate library scan?

2) I have donated to the new private server, but still facing issues with search. What works well is to scan the library (without automatically adding the artists). When I then add selected artists (in the "manage new artist" tab), it still does not properly work. It usually starts well, but then stops at some random point (and doesn't start again). I believe this is caused by some selected songs, but am not sure. No info in the logs at all. Not even an error message. Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2012-04-03, 23:37)Marcoevich Wrote: The donate server is not needed for headphones to run, but it guarantees you speedy searches Wink. You can also use the free server from tbueter.com, the original MB server or you can set up your own.
My server (tbueter.com) is not available anymore since the server was eating up my VPS' resources...

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

• 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9