• 10(current)
[WIP] Formula 1 Content
(2012-03-23, 20:50)GForce1015 Wrote: karandras if you could work on the .nfos that would be awesome. I think juanflaco has some that you could base them off of from earlier? I could be wrong though.

Thank you Sveen for the thumbs, if you don't mind I added them to part of the collection I'm sharing.

1.2 - added 2009 race folder thumbs, added 2010 race folder thumbs (courtesy of Sveen) [only need season thumb/folder images for 2009 and 2010]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5077196/F1.zip

Have already started the nfo's, I've sorted 2012, am half way through 2011 and have done the first 5 of 2010.

I have season thumbs for 2009 to 2012, they are the mclaren car for each year, i'll upload the car artwork i've got so far and post the link here.

Here's the link F1 Cars.rar.

Will upload all the nfo's once i've finished them.
Heres my 2011 NFOs.

LINK

Hoobie7
This is some awesome work coming together here.
Fantastic, can't wait to see the finished results...

What a P1 ad 2 we had today too, looks like the last 3 minutes of Q3 are not to be missed...

Can't wait Smile

Right here are my Nfo's for the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Seasons for anyone who wants them.

Linky

I know that xbmc doesn't currently support season.nfo, but i've included one for each season anyway.

The way my F1 folder is laid out is as follows...

Each race is in it's own folder within a season folder.

i.e. Formula 1\Season 2010\01 Bahrain\

Inside the folder my nfo's and video files are named as follows...

S2010E01 - Bahrain Practice 1.nfo
S2010E01 - Bahrain Practice 2.nfo
S2010E01 - Bahrain Practice 3.nfo
S2010E01 - Bahrain Qualifying.nfo
S2010E01 - Bahrain The Race.nfo

I don't have the 2009 Season so i haven't done Nfo's for it. If someone has these could they please post them, if not i'll do them over the next day or so.
I'm not using the approach where each season is a new show and I'm only keeping the races so my structure looks as follows:

Formula 1\Season 2010\
Formula 1\Season 2011\
Formula 1\Season 2012\

Then each of these directories contains each of the below files:

S12E01 - Race Name.mkv
S12E01 - Race Name.nfo
S12E01 - Race Name.tbn
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg

The images that Sveen made are working perfectly for me. Thank you VERY MUCH!!!!
Ok, another question. Do any of your guys have different fantart (background image) setup for different seasons? I'm tyring to set mine up and it's not working. This is how I have the directories arranged:

TV Shows\Formula 1\Season11
TV Shows\Formula 1\Season12

And this is how I have the files arranged:

TV Shows\Formula 1\fanart.jpg
TV Shows\Formula 1\season11-fanart.jpg
TV Shows\Formula 1\season12-fanart.jpg

I have the "Use Season Fanart" option enabled in my skin (Night) yet the fanart that displays when browsing either Season11 or Season12 is the fanart.jpg image. Any ideas?
(2012-03-26, 04:05)purplehaze Wrote: I'm not using the approach where each season is a new show and I'm only keeping the races so my structure looks as follows:

Formula 1\Season 2010\
Formula 1\Season 2011\
Formula 1\Season 2012\

Then each of these directories contains each of the below files:

S12E01 - Race Name.mkv
S12E01 - Race Name.nfo
S12E01 - Race Name.tbn
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg

The images that Sveen made are working perfectly for me. Thank you VERY MUCH!!!!

My Nfo's will work for you, as mine are one show with each race season as a new season, just delete the free practice and quali nfo's included in the download.

(2012-03-26, 04:55)purplehaze Wrote: Ok, another question. Do any of your guys have different fantart (background image) setup for different seasons? I'm tyring to set mine up and it's not working. This is how I have the directories arranged:

TV Shows\Formula 1\Season11
TV Shows\Formula 1\Season12

And this is how I have the files arranged:

TV Shows\Formula 1\fanart.jpg
TV Shows\Formula 1\season11-fanart.jpg
TV Shows\Formula 1\season12-fanart.jpg

I have the "Use Season Fanart" option enabled in my skin (Night) yet the fanart that displays when browsing either Season11 or Season12 is the fanart.jpg image. Any ideas?

Try renaming the file from TV Shows\Formula 1\season11-fanart.jpg to TV Shows\Formula 1\season11-fanart.tbn

And see if that works
Unfortunately that didn't work. Any other ideas?
Sussed it mate.

rename the fanart from season11-fanart.jpg to fanart.jpg and place it inside each season folder and it works.

Just downloaded night and tried the above and it works perfectly for me.
Thank K! That works, although not to the way I was thinking or hoping it would.

I thought that the season11 fanart.jpg image would appear in the background as soon as I changed focus to the 2011 season. That's not the case though, the fanart only changes when I move onto a race INSIDE the season11 folder.

Maybe it was working all along as I never checked if it changed on the race level, on the season level.

Does it work this same way for you K?
Hi Purplehaze,

My results seen different to yours....

However i have general show fanart, season fanart and episode fanart.

I found it depends on the view you are using, using landscape, fanart or files view, the season fanart is displayed when you focus on a season. when focused on a race inside the season folder, it displays the episode fanart.

Hope that helps.
Hey all, great work everyone has done here! I've got the folder structure downloaded from GForce and I added karandras's .nfos to the folders, but XBMC is not picking up the backdrop and most of the other images for the races at all. Do those have to be added manually to the .nfo? I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that the images being named as they were would just be recognised by XBMC. I am running Eden now as well, so maybe that has something to do with it?
(2012-03-29, 19:01)TheGremlyn Wrote: Hey all, great work everyone has done here! I've got the folder structure downloaded from GForce and I added karandras's .nfos to the folders, but XBMC is not picking up the backdrop and most of the other images for the races at all. Do those have to be added manually to the .nfo? I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that the images being named as they were would just be recognised by XBMC. I am running Eden now as well, so maybe that has something to do with it?

It depends on the skin you use aswell as options (within the skin) you have chosen.

I use eden with the neon skin and my backdrops are named fanart.jpg

Personally i don't use the backdrops gforce / formula1.com provided, as i have some others (which i am currently awaiting permission to post up here).

I have my own custom season thumbs (which i posted a few pages back) and my own custom season fanart.

I have the posters from pj tierney as folder.jpg, the banners gforce provided as banner.jpg and the artwork sveen created as thumbs for each race (named the same as each nfo file).

Which skin and views are you using? I'll install it and see what it supports or how each file should be named.

Hope that helps.
Hopefully this isn't the dumbest noob question for you guys. Are you recording the F1 shows yourself or are you downloading them? I've been trying to find a reliable source to use to download in HD with English commentary and I haven't had much luck. I can watch the local broadcasts on Speed (in the US) but I can't get the episodes off my DVR (Dish Network).

If you are downloading them, any tips/suggestions on where/how to find good quality HD episodes?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-jeff
(2012-03-29, 21:47)wdawgnc Wrote: Hopefully this isn't the dumbest noob question for you guys. Are you recording the F1 shows yourself or are you downloading them? I've been trying to find a reliable source to use to download in HD with English commentary and I haven't had much luck. I can watch the local broadcasts on Speed (in the US) but I can't get the episodes off my DVR (Dish Network).

If you are downloading them, any tips/suggestions on where/how to find good quality HD episodes?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-jeff

I just search for formula1 on nzb matrix. (Assuming you know how to use usenet)
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Formula 1 Content2