• 60(current)
[Closed] TvTunes Addon
since the latest nightly it just plays white noise on my revo 3610 ... anyone else experiencing this?
(2012-03-22, 01:48)r4nd0m Wrote: since the latest nightly it just plays white noise on my revo 3610 ... anyone else experiencing this?

yup there was a bug in xbmc, it got fixed a few hours ago.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
hi guys dont know if i can ask my question here..

i installed xbmc 10.1 dharma (http://xbmc.org/download/ windows version from here)
put on aeon mq2 skin and found out that there is a tv tunes script (nice good work on this)
i set it up downloaded the script i got the chance to select the tunes for all the tv shows.. (except a few)
but when i select my tv show name it doesn't play.. same with season and episode folders..

what am i doing wrong? i changed volume lowering from 0 to 60 didnt work from 0 > 30 also didnt work loop on loop off
i am a bit stuck here

as i am mapping my files from a NAS/smb i put in the account and the password
this also didnt work for me... (by looking it up in google i found out that it should create an mp3 in the tv shows folder)
this also aint in my folder (and could be the reason why it ain't working i guess) *edit tested it with theme.mp3 in the root of the folder also wont work*

would somebody be so nice to help me with this? (as there is no real troubleshooting info)
thank you already
I didn't understand the fuss at first but now i love this addon!
thank you ppic!

what would it be like if we could animate the fanart background
into short cut clips of the TV show intro! possible??!

(2012-03-27, 09:24)bluenote Wrote: I didn't understand the fuss at first but now i love this addon!
thank you ppic!

difficult, i'm sure it's possible to re-write the script in order to fetch the first (or a random) episode from the tv show and start the playback.
next up all skins supporting this would need to add a video background in the tvshow library views.

most problematic part (read: impossible) would be the identify where the intro tune starts in an episode.
most episodes start with a 2-3 minute opening scene, before the intro kicks in.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-03-27, 12:18)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 09:24)bluenote Wrote: I didn't understand the fuss at first but now i love this addon!
thank you ppic!

difficult, i'm sure it's possible to re-write the script in order to fetch the first (or a random) episode from the tv show and start the playback.
next up all skins supporting this would need to add a video background in the tvshow library views.

most problematic part (read: impossible) would be the identify where the intro tune starts in an episode.
most episodes start with a 2-3 minute opening scene, before the intro kicks in.

It would have to be a defined cut file, just like the theme.mp3 - but without sound so that the theme can be played while showing the intro..
At least thats how I imagine it ... so you have theme.mp3 downloaded, and theme.mkv (silent) as well.
I'm sure there's other ways to do it as you say though. And I guess there isn't probably a website to scrape these intro's from,
would have to be created by users directly ... but, still interesting.

(2012-03-02, 03:11)ronie Wrote: k, the issue has been fixed already
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/dd52...c43f12bd46

Is there anyway to have the 'lower sound value' enabled in tvtunes and avoid the volume change popup?
There's already a volume control in TV Tunes.
(2012-03-29, 00:59)Hitcher Wrote: There's already a volume control in TV Tunes.

Could you elaborate? Do you mean the "lower sound value" in the tvtunes config? If so, that is what I am using, but whenever you enter or a leave a show within XBMC a window pops up to tell you that the volume has changed. That is what I am trying to avoid.
Hello
I am using tvtunes but i think i found a bug.
I use a path substitute for addon_data.
In advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/addon_data/</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.50.100/XBMC_Share/addon_data/</to>
  </substitute>
The first time i launch the plugin (clicking on TVTunes button in the TV series details) it looks to work correctly.
The second time i start the plugin, it thouws an error.
I found that the temp directory is created on the local addon_data directory and not in the shared one.
Furthermore, in the log i found the error
Code:
16:35:48 T:1840  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:35:48 T:1840   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
16:35:48 T:1840   ERROR: Error Contents: (183, 'Impossibile creare un file, se il file esiste gi', 'C:\\Users\\maccarid.GRUPPOZENIT\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.tvtunes\\temp')
16:35:48 T:1840   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\makka\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\tvtunes_scraper.py", line 227, in <module>
                                                TvTunes()
                                              File "C:\Users\makka\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\tvtunes_scraper.py", line 71, in __init__
                                                os.makedirs( xbmc.translatePath( 'special://profile/addon_data/%s/temp' % __addonid__ ) )
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\os.py", line 157, in makedirs
                                                mkdir(name, mode)
                                            WindowsError: (183, 'Impossibile creare un file, se il file esiste gi', 'C:\\Users\\makka\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.tvtunes\\temp')

The error "Impossibile creare un file, se il file esiste gi" means "Impossible to create a file if it already exists".
Is this possible that in some of the check/creation/delete of file the path is not translated to the actual path?

Makka
(2012-03-29, 01:09)rcloud Wrote:

Could you elaborate? Do you mean the "lower sound value" in the tvtunes config? If so, that is what I am using, but whenever you enter or a leave a show within XBMC a window pops up to tell you that the volume has changed. That is what I am trying to avoid.

are you using the final eden release?
we had the bug in the release candidates, but it should've been fixed.
(2012-03-29, 16:42)MakkaD Wrote: Hello
I am using tvtunes but i think i found a bug.
I use a path substitute for addon_data.
In advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/addon_data/</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.50.100/XBMC_Share/addon_data/</to>
  </substitute>
The first time i launch the plugin (clicking on TVTunes button in the TV series details) it looks to work correctly.
The second time i start the plugin, it thouws an error.
I found that the temp directory is created on the local addon_data directory and not in the shared one.
Furthermore, in the log i found the error
Code:
16:35:48 T:1840  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:35:48 T:1840   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
16:35:48 T:1840   ERROR: Error Contents: (183, 'Impossibile creare un file, se il file esiste gi', 'C:\\Users\\maccarid.GRUPPOZENIT\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.tvtunes\\temp')
16:35:48 T:1840   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\makka\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\tvtunes_scraper.py", line 227, in <module>
                                                TvTunes()
                                              File "C:\Users\makka\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\tvtunes_scraper.py", line 71, in __init__
                                                os.makedirs( xbmc.translatePath( 'special://profile/addon_data/%s/temp' % __addonid__ ) )
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\os.py", line 157, in makedirs
                                                mkdir(name, mode)
                                            WindowsError: (183, 'Impossibile creare un file, se il file esiste gi', 'C:\\Users\\makka\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.tvtunes\\temp')

The error "Impossibile creare un file, se il file esiste gi" means "Impossible to create a file if it already exists".
Is this possible that in some of the check/creation/delete of file the path is not translated to the actual path?

Makka

thanx for the report!
i've tested it and can reproduce the bug.

will fix it in the next release.
(2012-03-29, 19:01)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 01:09)rcloud Wrote:

I am using the final Eden release. Although I just noticed it looks like tvtunes will not update as it still shows the Pre-2.0.0 version. I have tried uninstalling and then forcing a refresh on the xbmc.org add-on repo and then installing it again. It appears that version 1.0.17 is installed, but when I look at the change-log or go to configure it, it appears that the 1.9.6 Pre-2.0.0 version is still installed. Any ideas?
(2012-03-29, 20:36)rcloud Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 19:01)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 01:09)rcloud Wrote: Could you elaborate? Do you mean the "lower sound value" in the tvtunes config? If so, that is what I am using, but whenever you enter or a leave a show within XBMC a window pops up to tell you that the volume has changed. That is what I am trying to avoid.

I am using the final Eden release. Although I just noticed it looks like tvtunes will not update as it still shows the Pre-2.0.0 version. I have tried uninstalling and then forcing a refresh on the xbmc.org add-on repo and then installing it again. It appears that version 1.0.17 is installed, but when I look at the change-log or go to configure it, it appears that the 1.9.6 Pre-2.0.0 version is still installed. Any ideas?

you get 1.0.17 from the official xbmc addon repo.
pre-2.0.0 is from the passion repo.

i can only help you out if you're 200% sure you're using 1.0.17
(2012-03-29, 20:40)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 20:36)rcloud Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 19:01)ronie Wrote: are you using the final eden release?

you get 1.0.17 from the official xbmc addon repo.
pre-2.0.0 is from the passion repo.

i can only help you out if you're 200% sure you're using 1.0.17

Ronnie, thanks for the help.

It is very strange, I am downloading tvtunes from going to the official xbmc.org add-on repo and it does say it installed 1.0.17, but then when I look in the packages folder it appears it really downloaded 1.9.6 from passion repo instead.

I am going to disable the passion repo altogether and try again.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Closed] TvTunes Addon5