• 61(current)
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon
brightsr just a fyi this addon is sort of broken that it does not show any condition icons in eden anymore I made some changes to how eden works with regards to weather and you are looking in the wrong directory for the images https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/65dd...2f0177b4c3

you need to remove all , "128x128" from your code in order to get them to work again. I did this and can confirm that it works. I do however find it odd that it was needed since the other default addons seemed to work just fine as is
Jezz. how can we change this in the end user environment to make it work correctly?
Just search for it in the scripts code and remove it Smile find the plugin in your addons dir do a find text in it and remove it
Note it doesn't completely fix it the ten day forecast seems to still nto show them but the rest is fine though today the main weather kept coming up as N/A for me
?uestion...

which provider are you all talking about?

i'm using NOAA, have been for a while -- weather.com is often not reliable, and accuweather is still not working (for me, anyway).
NOAA still works as it always has (temp, weather icons, etc.) -- maybe 'cause i'm in US.

with all the potential work going into weather underground, will you continue to maintain this add-on? or will you look to merge this with weather underground?
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2012-03-30, 16:43)locomot1f Wrote: ?uestion...

which provider are you all talking about?

i'm using NOAA, have been for a while -- weather.com is often not reliable, and accuweather is still not working (for me, anyway).
NOAA still works as it always has (temp, weather icons, etc.) -- maybe 'cause i'm in US.

with all the potential work going into weather underground, will you continue to maintain this add-on? or will you look to merge this with weather underground?

The original author has indicated he doesn't have time to keep this up, and nobody has stepped up to take over. If you look in the weather underground thread you'll see that I've updated the Confluence weather stuff to provide 99% of the same information weather+ used to provide. The only real exception I've found is the variety of maps and video (weather underground provides only one regional map and nothing outside the US).

I have an issue with Weather Plus (recent SVN T! V4.0.6 skin update) and not sure were the problem is. background weather slides are no longer rotating, in both the homepage and the weather page. Running windows 7/64/Eden 11/T! SVN 4.0.6 this is a recent issue...the last update I had were a few plugins, and T! but I did see that I have this issue with all the other skins and it does bring the default background (sky) but none of the conditional images, but I can see a small fade/dimming as it keeps loading the default image http://pastebin.com/ceBLNkfM

-I've switched to different weather programs, and the conditional slideshow works fine in those (I like Weather Plus better)
-I've deleted and re-installed weather plus from the repo.
-I've copied the 'settings' and entire 'add-on' weather plus folders from back-ups that did work a few weeks ago.

Some guidance/hints would be good.
Hi, I've been using this addon for a while but since I've updated to eden final..... I noticed the icons aren't showing anymore when viewing 10 days ?
(2012-04-11, 16:43)kevenz Wrote: Hi, I've been using this addon for a while but since I've updated to eden final..... I noticed the icons aren't showing anymore when viewing 10 days ?

wow... really...?
the post on the topic is not even on a different page.

look up!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
hehe oh well ! anyway I noticed that pretty much everything doesn't work anymore with this addon..... it says it's raining on my xbmc but it's a sunny day.... humm ! Smile
Hey! I use WeatherPLUS and have some problems I asked for in an other thread

Quote:So my first problem is the weather plugin "weather plus".

I downloaded animated icons for this, but they dont work anymore. They are only working at the 3 forecast und the hour forecast but not when i want to see the whole week. There are only grey icons. I dont know whats wrong. Can somebody send me the link for the weather plus thread so i can read the thread for animated articles or help me in an other way?

Second problem: The Weather Plus Plugin also shew me a Videoforecast by ZDF. I am from Germany and ZDF gives me much more information about the weather. This was great, but doesen't work anymore. Can somebody help me here?

maybe you can help me

EDIT: OKAY... Videoforecast is working fine. But the grey icons dont.

http://imageshack.us/f/593/unbenanntqvd.jpg/
Is this plugin still updated?

I tried the fix mentioned , removing 128x128 from code, but still no weather icons.
Any suggestions?
(2012-04-29, 15:15)schumi2004 Wrote: Is this plugin still updated?

I don't think so. The author indicated a little while back that he doesn't have time anymore, and I haven't heard anyone step up to maintain it.
Though the wunderground addon guys are making good progress, the addon doesn't work well with the skin that I use so I still generally use weatherplus. With that in mind, lately I've been getting some script errors when with version 3.0.1 using noaa.gov as the source.

Looks like maybe NOAA has optimized their output and is only spitting out seasonal precip types. Here's a quick patch to accomodate:

Code:
--- noaa.py.orig    2012-05-05 23:59:07.981897675 -0400
+++ noaa.py    2012-05-06 00:03:16.748459074 -0400
@@ -618,36 +618,39 @@
            else:
                outlook = "Rain Likely"
            icon += "rain"
-        elif ( snow[count] != "--" ):
-            if ( rain[count] == "SChc" ):
-                outlook = "Slight Chace of Snow"
-                icon += "chance"
-            elif ( rain[count] == "Chc" ):
-                outlook = "Chance of Snow"
-            else:
-                outlook = "Snow Likely"
-            icon += "snow"
-        elif ( freezing_rain[count] != "--" ):
-                outlook = "Slight Chace of Freezing Rain"
-                outlook = "Chance of Freezing Rain"
-            else:
-                outlook = "Freezing Rain Likely"
-            icon += "freeze"
-        elif ( sleet[count] != "--" ):
-                outlook = "Slight Chace of Sleet"
-                outlook = "Chance of Sleet"
-            else:
-                outlook = "Sleet Likely"            
-            icon += "sleet"        
+        elif ( snow ):
+            if ( snow[count] != "--" ):
+                if ( rain[count] == "SChc" ):
+                    outlook = "Slight Chace of Snow"
+                    icon += "chance"
+                elif ( rain[count] == "Chc" ):
+                    outlook = "Chance of Snow"
+                else:
+                    outlook = "Snow Likely"
+                icon += "snow"
+        elif ( freezing_rain ):
+            if ( freezing_rain[count] != "--" ):
+                    outlook = "Slight Chace of Freezing Rain"
+                    outlook = "Chance of Freezing Rain"
+                else:
+                    outlook = "Freezing Rain Likely"
+                icon += "freeze"
+        elif ( sleet ):
+            if ( sleet[count] != "--" ):
+                    outlook = "Slight Chace of Sleet"
+                    outlook = "Chance of Sleet"
+                else:
+                    outlook = "Sleet Likely"            
+                icon += "sleet"        
        elif ( int(wind[count]) > 20 ):
            icon = "windy"
            outlook = "Windy"

I suspect the 'thunder' stanza might need a similar change this winter...
i hope someone continues this addon its great , would be a real shame, or incorporate its features into wunderground , one or the other dont matter Wink
I'm having some trouble getting this addon to display.

I install it, and it's listed as Enabled. But when i select Weather from the main menu, i still see the default Weather Underground forecast. I fllowed the install instructions but I still cannot see Weather Plus.. any help would be much appreciated.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon2