ForTheLibrary - XBMC Library & ForTheRecord/Argus PVR Integration
(2012-03-29, 21:52)bradvido88 Wrote: I have also seen this behaviour. The listener appears to be ending and I'm not sure why as of yet. It's not consistently failing for, me so it's hard to debug. I'm going to look at the code and see if anything looks fishy.
In the meantime, i have my scheduled task to repeat every 24 hours and selected "If task is already running, do not start a new instance"....

I'll let you know what I find.

I have committed a fix for this. Please test and let me know if it is more stable now. I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly yet...
http://code.google.com/p/xmltvdb/downloads/list

XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
(2012-03-30, 23:11)bradvido88 Wrote: I have committed a fix for this. Please test and let me know if it is more stable now. I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly yet...

Well, I'm one for one anyway. XMLTVDB.jar was started automatically at startup this morning at 5:30am and was still running at 4pm today when MCE2XML grabbed a new file. That's never happened before and is a good sign.
(2012-03-31, 22:48)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-03-30, 23:11)bradvido88 Wrote: I have committed a fix for this. Please test and let me know if it is more stable now. I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly yet...

Well, I'm one for one anyway. XMLTVDB.jar was started automatically at startup this morning at 5:30am and was still running at 4pm today when MCE2XML grabbed a new file. That's never happened before and is a good sign.

Good deal. I'm 3 days with no issues.
Thanks for this, a lot. I used FTR for years with MediaPortal but moved over to XBMC recently after RedF got his FTR addon going (I'm the same Ixian from the FTR forums who helped him track down and fix several bugs that were preventing the XBMC addon from working with a MediaPortal backend).

I use MePo TV server because it has analog card support (I use two HD-PVRs), FTR for the scheduling, and XBMCBuntu for the client. It works extremely well, better than the MediaPortal client even (which is saying a lot given the differences in dev time - MediaPortal has had PVR options for years) and this looks like it may fill the final gap.

I've been using the GuideEnricher that's available for FTR - my understanding is this is an improvement? It will write .nfo files to the show directories so that all I need to do is point XBMC at them and it will be able to scrape, etc?

Also do you see any issues using this with SchedulesDirect? I use the FTR Importer with SD; for $20 a year SD has by far the best guide data.
I'm still getting this error... i don't understand why the extra space is being added in the UNC path. Any suggestions?

Code:
04/04/2012 05:05:03 PM ERROR   General error processing recording: \\QUARTZ-THEATER\Recorded TV\Jeopardy!\s#e6348 - # (Wed, 2012-04-04_1630).ts
                                   java.io.FileNotFoundException: \\QUARTZ-THEATER\Recorded TV\_TV Shows\Jeopardy! \tvshow.nfo (The system cannot find the path specified)
                                   java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
                                   java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
                                   org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openOutputStream(FileUtils.java:333)
                                   org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.writeStringToFile(FileUtils.java:1621)
                                   org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.write(FileUtils.java:1707)
                                   org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.write(FileUtils.java:1662)
                                   forthelibrary.ForTheLibrary.determineNewLocation(ForTheLibrary.java:966)
                                   forthelibrary.ForTheLibrary.determineNewLocation(ForTheLibrary.java:855)
                                   forthelibrary.ForTheLibrary.processRecordings(ForTheLibrary.java:583)
                                   forthelibrary.ForTheLibrary.<init>(ForTheLibrary.java:323)
                                   forthelibrary.ForTheLibrary.main(ForTheLibrary.java:81)
(2012-04-05, 00:47)ixian Wrote: Also do you see any issues using this with SchedulesDirect? I use the FTR Importer with SD; for $20 a year SD has by far the best guide data.

There shouldn't be. I think Schedules Direct is even listed on the documentation page for XMLTVDB as one of the possible sources. Just have SD download the xml file somewhere not where FTR is looking. Have XMLTVDB monitor that directory, and it should see a new file, add what it needs to add, and put the up-to-date file into the FTR XMLTV processing directory.
I guess I should've searched for this thread before posting int he PVR discussion thread.

I'm also a SageTV user of many years and am looking elsewhere due to the Google purchase. I'm very familiar with xbmc as I've set it up for my friends and use it on my laptop. My ultimate goal is to convert to xbmc. So with that said, what I want to do is run mediaportal on my backend server that's been my sage server for these past years and build an xbmc client for my frontend. Currently, my Sage system utilizes 2 HDHomeruns and a Colossus for my Dish ViP box. I'm just a bit fuzzy on the path to take to make this happen. ForTheRecord looks to be quite a tool when paired with MediaPortal TV server, so any pointers in finally pushing me over the ledge to make this happen would be greatly appreciated. Apologies in advance if I put this in the wrong place for seeking advice.
(2012-04-05, 02:35)actapon Wrote: I'm still getting this error... i don't understand why the extra space is being added in the UNC path. Any suggestions?
Can you upload a full debug log? Is it only the tvshow.nfo files that have an extra space? I'm not sure why this is happening... it's working great for me.

(2012-04-05, 00:47)ixian Wrote: I've been using the GuideEnricher that's available for FTR - my understanding is this is an improvement? It will write .nfo files to the show directories so that all I need to do is point XBMC at them and it will be able to scrape, etc?
Yes, that is all correct.

(2012-04-05, 03:24)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 00:47)ixian Wrote: Also do you see any issues using this with SchedulesDirect? I use the FTR Importer with SD; for $20 a year SD has by far the best guide data.

There shouldn't be. I think Schedules Direct is even listed on the documentation page for XMLTVDB as one of the possible sources. Just have SD download the xml file somewhere not where FTR is looking. Have XMLTVDB monitor that directory, and it should see a new file, add what it needs to add, and put the up-to-date file into the FTR XMLTV processing directory.
Yeah, Schedules Direct works just fine as your guide source. Just have XMLTVDB enhance it before sending it to FTR.

(2012-04-06, 19:55)TRiddle Wrote: I guess I should've searched for this thread before posting int he PVR discussion thread.

I'm also a SageTV user of many years and am looking elsewhere due to the Google purchase. I'm very familiar with xbmc as I've set it up for my friends and use it on my laptop. My ultimate goal is to convert to xbmc. So with that said, what I want to do is run mediaportal on my backend server that's been my sage server for these past years and build an xbmc client for my frontend. Currently, my Sage system utilizes 2 HDHomeruns and a Colossus for my Dish ViP box. I'm just a bit fuzzy on the path to take to make this happen. ForTheRecord looks to be quite a tool when paired with MediaPortal TV server, so any pointers in finally pushing me over the ledge to make this happen would be greatly appreciated. Apologies in advance if I put this in the wrong place for seeking advice.
Not really the right thread to discuss general FTR/Mediaportal setup. I don't use mediaportal as my backend, so I really can't offer much advice here.

Noted. Mind if I ask what your current setup is considering that we both are Sage refugees?

Edit: That was a pretty vague statement on my part. Obviously you are using FTR with XBMC. I'm more curious as to what you are capturing, what devices you are using, what you think of your setup now versus Sage, etc...
(2012-04-08, 04:50)TRiddle Wrote: Noted. Mind if I ask what your current setup is considering that we both are Sage refugees?

Edit: That was a pretty vague statement on my part. Obviously you are using FTR with XBMC. I'm more curious as to what you are capturing, what devices you are using, what you think of your setup now versus Sage, etc...

I use FTR with the native Argus tuner. My hardware tuner is a HDHomerun dual tuner. Everything i record is ATSC; nothing is analog. It took a little tinkering, but now everything is stable and just as good (in fact better) than Sage was.
Thanks for the info =)
(2012-04-09, 18:14)bradvido88 Wrote: I use FTR with the native Argus tuner. My hardware tuner is a HDHomerun dual tuner. Everything i record is ATSC; nothing is analog. It took a little tinkering, but now everything is stable and just as good (in fact better) than Sage was.

I would agree that for ATSC FTR/Argus is a good solution. For clear QAM my experience was, well, less than optimal. After two weeks fighting with Argus I finally gave up and went back to SageTV. I have two internal tuner cards (one for ATSC and one for QAM) and never got a week's worth of recordings that weren't partials or broken in some other way. The FTR folks were very nice and worked with me, but I don't think they have many folks using clear QAM.

I'm keeping FTR and using one tuner just to do LiveTV. I'm thinking about a new HTPC build when IvyBridge comes out, and I might get a couple HDHomeRuns then and try again. It's possible FTR just doesn't like the Avermedia Duet cards I have.
FYI: I have tested this with FTR 1.7.0.0 and it works just fine (for me)
Is there any way to have this program copy the file to say a NAS, where all my other media is?
(2012-07-19, 14:50)ajerazzor Wrote: Is there any way to have this program copy the file to say a NAS, where all my other media is?

Yes, FTR recordings can be put wherever you want. You can configure this in FTR.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ForTheLibrary - XBMC Library & ForTheRecord/Argus PVR Integration1