• 11(current)
[WIP] Formula 1 Content
+1 to nzbmatrix
(2012-03-29, 20:45)karandras24 Wrote: It depends on the skin you use aswell as options (within the skin) you have chosen.

I use eden with the neon skin and my backdrops are named fanart.jpg

Personally i don't use the backdrops gforce / formula1.com provided, as i have some others (which i am currently awaiting permission to post up here).

I have my own custom season thumbs (which i posted a few pages back) and my own custom season fanart.

I have the posters from pj tierney as folder.jpg, the banners gforce provided as banner.jpg and the artwork sveen created as thumbs for each race (named the same as each nfo file).

Which skin and views are you using? I'll install it and see what it supports or how each file should be named.

Hope that helps.

Very helpful, I hadn't even thought of skins and the role they might play. I'm using the standard skin, I think it's Confluence. Maybe I'll look at some other skins and see if I like them better.
(2012-03-29, 21:47)wdawgnc Wrote: Hopefully this isn't the dumbest noob question for you guys. Are you recording the F1 shows yourself or are you downloading them? I've been trying to find a reliable source to use to download in HD with English commentary and I haven't had much luck. I can watch the local broadcasts on Speed (in the US) but I can't get the episodes off my DVR (Dish Network).

If you are downloading them, any tips/suggestions on where/how to find good quality HD episodes?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-jeff

I use Demonoid as my usenet doesn't seem to be very up to date with the races.
(2012-03-29, 20:45)karandras24 Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 19:01)TheGremlyn Wrote: Hey all, great work everyone has done here! I've got the folder structure downloaded from GForce and I added karandras's .nfos to the folders, but XBMC is not picking up the backdrop and most of the other images for the races at all. Do those have to be added manually to the .nfo? I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that the images being named as they were would just be recognised by XBMC. I am running Eden now as well, so maybe that has something to do with it?

It depends on the skin you use aswell as options (within the skin) you have chosen.

I use eden with the neon skin and my backdrops are named fanart.jpg

Personally i don't use the backdrops gforce / formula1.com provided, as i have some others (which i am currently awaiting permission to post up here).

I have my own custom season thumbs (which i posted a few pages back) and my own custom season fanart.

I have the posters from pj tierney as folder.jpg, the banners gforce provided as banner.jpg and the artwork sveen created as thumbs for each race (named the same as each nfo file).

Which skin and views are you using? I'll install it and see what it supports or how each file should be named.

Hope that helps.

Hey K,
Will you do a full folder update For all seasons you have available, when you get permission, so tht we can download a fully complete setup with the correct nfos and fanrts etc all added Smile that would be very much appreciated.
(2012-03-30, 10:09)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hey K,
Will you do a full folder update For all seasons you have available, when you get permission, so tht we can download a fully complete setup with the correct nfos and fanrts etc all added Smile that would be very much appreciated.

I think Gforce is going to do one, once eveything is in place. But yeah i'll post up everything i've got today (except the episode fanart as i'm still waiting for an e-mail back), if that would be helpful.

There will be a few extra bits of artwork (track flags, circuit diagrams, the cars for each season etc) so people can pick what they want to use.

I haven't gotten round to doing the nfo's for 2009 as yet, will hopefully get some time over the weekend to get it all buttoned up.

Karandras24
That'll be great. Looking forward to it's arrival Smile

Only 14 days until the next race, so I'll spend a few days tinkering and rewatching a few races.

It's been a very intriguing season so far...

Was gutted for schuey getting wiped out Sad I'd like to see him prove the critics wrong and have beast of a season and grab a few podiums. Im not a big MSC fan, but he doesn't deserve the stick he dts and I'd love to there faces when he's on the top step Smile

Also, JB crashing out? Alonso in first? What's going on... It's all over the place at the moment gotta love it though..
(2012-03-30, 13:00)PatrickBateman Wrote: That'll be great. Looking forward to it's arrival Smile

Only 14 days until the next race, so I'll spend a few days tinkering and rewatching a few races.

It's been a very intriguing season so far...

Was gutted for schuey getting wiped out Sad I'd like to see him prove the critics wrong and have beast of a season and grab a few podiums. Im not a big MSC fan, but he doesn't deserve the stick he dts and I'd love to there faces when he's on the top step Smile

Also, JB crashing out? Alonso in first? What's going on... It's all over the place at the moment gotta love it though..

Well as promised here is my F1 Directory Linky (minus the artwork i'm still waiting permission to share).

The mkv/mp4 files are empty files, so you can just delete them.

I've tested this on Aeon MQ3, Cirrus Extended V2, Neon & Night, everything works as it should (except for season fanart in Neon as it's not currently supported).

Any problems give me a shout.

Karandras24
Excellent work. Thanks to all those that have contributed. This is just what I was looking for.

One thing I have noticed is the 2009 and 2011 German GPs are held at Nurburgring. I found the track image but don't have the Photoshop skills or the patience to cut it out and add a background image. Here is my attempt along with the original map.

I also updated the nfos for those years with the description of the track from that same site.

NFOs and Original Map Image
Blush Ooops,

I guess thats what happens, when you do the nfo's at 4am.

Sveen > Any chance you could do one of your thumbs for the Nürburgring??

I've updated the zip with the corrected nfo's.
(2012-03-31, 10:35)karandras24 Wrote: Blush Ooops,

I guess thats what happens, when you do the nfo's at 4am.

Sveen > Any chance you could do one of your thumbs for the Nürburgring??

I've updated the zip with the corrected nfo's.

Awesome work fella,
Will download as soon as I get to pc (out on iPad at the moment).

Fantastic! Smile
(2012-03-31, 12:42)PatrickBateman Wrote: Awesome work fella,
Will download as soon as I get to pc (out on iPad at the moment).

Fantastic! Smile

Right i've had a little bash and created a nurburgring image in the same(ish) style as sveen's thumbs.

My photoshop skills aren't exactly great, but it should do for now.

I've also updated the zip to include this new image.

Hopefully i'll get a chance to do the 2009 nfo's tomoz night.
I made some posters for the 2009-2011 season with pics of the relevant world champion.

1.2 - updated backdrops to make it until Germany. Also made a 7z package available (saves almost 8MB).
I did not add any nfos or anything like that. They are out there but I haven't taken the time to make them fit my filesystem.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5077196/F1.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5077196/F1.7z

I can redo the banners to reflect winners if there is enough interest for the 2012 season.
Don't know if someone has already corrected it, but i made a mistake with the Canada thumb and forgot to change the track map from Monaco to Canada. So here's an updated image: Image
Think this is an absolutely brilliant idea and all the work you guys have done nice1, are you still working on this? cheers again
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Formula 1 Content2