• 30(current)
Supert tv heeeeelp!
thank you very much Hans!!

It works for me, sometimes the channels take a while to populate the list and get problems when trying to turn off XBMC as it always freezes when trying to exit after using SuperTV. The only solution is to reset.. I will stay tuned for updates maybe Wink
I still need to read through the posts here some of my questions might be already answered...

Thank you again - Great Job !!

wingerdinger --> its under programs.
Is anyone having problems with the UK channels not loading such as bbc1, itv etc... get unable to play and plugin error.
Having this problem with both superTV and rtmpgui+(12).

Any help or is this just a problem with the stream?

Keep up the good work hans, any update on the SD filmon streams?

cheers

Same here - plugin error on UK streams
(2012-04-01, 02:34)mlte Wrote: wingerdinger , did you check Program Addons? Since SuperTV is not an video addon

Will check it later. never thought of that. Thanks
(2012-04-01, 13:20)umonkey Wrote: Is anyone having problems with the UK channels not loading such as bbc1, itv etc... get unable to play and plugin error.
Having this problem with both superTV and rtmpgui+(12).

Any help or is this just a problem with the stream?

Keep up the good work hans, any update on the SD filmon streams?

cheers

I've given up expecting a fix for the filmon streams! I just use the filmon site itself - using a PC lets me choose, but atv users are stuck with the author's solution just to restart the stream again every 6 mins or so.!!!

I'm afraid these video stream plugins promise a lot but consistently fail to deliver (apart from the classic iplayer and 4od plugins).

(2012-04-01, 17:32)castalla Wrote: I've given up expecting a fix for the filmon streams! I just use the filmon site itself - using a PC lets me choose, but atv users are stuck with the author's solution just to restart the stream again every 6 mins or so.!!!

I'm afraid these video stream plugins promise a lot but consistently fail to deliver (apart from the classic iplayer and 4od plugins).

I'm not sure this kind of post repeated on every each page of this forum is very motivating for a developper.. Maybe the contrary

what you can do for filmon is :

1- Download the great Darby Crash's script OnRTSP from wiziwig : http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/49818-Swiss-TV
2- Run the .bat file, wait for the .m3u playlist to complete, and add it to your XBMC

I Haven't tryed to add an .m3u playlist to Livestream/Live TV/Rtmpgui, don't know if they support it, but it would be a great feature.

I'm just simply stating what I experience as an end-user - streams listed which don't work, or buffer after a few minutes, or close down after 6 mins. I can't really see the point in publishing a massive list of channels which don't work - the accompanying epg is just icing for a non-existant cake.

If I was a developer, which I freely admit I'm not, then I would only release a version which I knew worked.

Others may get exactly what they want, and are welcome to express their appreciation.

(2012-04-01, 18:31)castalla Wrote: I'm just simply stating what I experience as an end-user - streams listed which don't work, or buffer after a few minutes, or close down after 6 mins. I can't really see the point in publishing a massive list of channels which don't work - the accompanying epg is just icing for a non-existant cake.

If I was a developer, which I freely admit I'm not, then I would only release a version which I knew worked.

Others may get exactly what they want, and are welcome to express their appreciation.

I understand your frustration, but I try and adopt the attitude that whatever we get here is free and when it works then great but when it doesn't I still appreciate the authors efforts because they are doing something I can't and are trying to share with us.

Given the amount of channels available in this addon and others like Livestreams its probably beyond any addon author to know exactly which one works, which one only works for a few minutes and which are now dead at any given time.

In short I love XBMC, I enjoy anything extra I get through it at no cost to me, but none of these free streams will last forever.
Yes, I agree. However, the author stated ages back that he would implement the filmon sd streams (possibly as backup streams) - I am not alone in requesting this. Dead links are dead links, I can accept that. Even if the author simply said, 'No-no way-never!' that'd be more honest than just leaving users hanging on for something which may or may not be implemented.

I've installed each and every iteration of rtmpgui+ hoping to find sd streams working ... but still only 6 minute HD streams.

Frankly, given the atrocious content of 99% of these TV channels, streaming in HD is a complete waste of resources! But, then, that's just my 2 cents worth.
(2012-04-01, 19:24)stammie Wrote: I understand your frustration, but I try and adopt the attitude that whatever we get here is free and when it works then great but when it doesn't I still appreciate the authors efforts because they are doing something I can't and are trying to share with us.

Given the amount of channels available in this addon and others like Livestreams its probably beyond any addon author to know exactly which one works, which one only works for a few minutes and which are now dead at any given time.

In short I love XBMC, I enjoy anything extra I get through it at no cost to me, but none of these free streams will last forever.

Well said. And I wish this would be more accepted amongst the user community. Plugins like this are maintained by users who are contributing their time for free, so we can all enjoy free media. We should all remember that fact in our expectations of reliability.
Hans - how does one go about getting an addon like this to a repo so that it automatically updates? This and rtmpgui+ in a Repo would be awesome.
(2012-04-01, 19:42)castalla Wrote: I've installed each and every iteration of rtmpgui+ hoping to find sd streams working ... but still only 6 minute HD streams.

In order to get the full version of filmon streams you have to reverse engineer the encrypting protocol.
This will take a lot of time with (most probably) no results at all.
Yikes!

Suddenly, the filmon streams are no longer exiting after 6 mins.!!! Well, at least Dave is working.

Excellent!

I take it all back!

What an excellent plugin!

VERSHUN 1.105.1 HAS BEEN RELEASD:
Fixd sum Britush chanulz; also in rtmpGUI+. I alzu addz de luh-rez backupz.

rtmpgui+ 14 - File not found ..... and it's there now!
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supert tv heeeeelp!13