• 6(current)
iOS 5.1 & XBMC
@Memphiz I was also having the issue that the GUI was rotated 90 degrees on my Samsung 50" Plasma. I followed XBMCOWNER's steps and can confirm this has also fixed the issue for me. Thanks for all the hard work you're putting in Memphiz and also XNMCOWNER for you tip....spot on!
Could the perceived randomness of the issue relate to users that have 720 displays (working) and 1080 (rotated)? Is it worth having some users that its worked for out the box confirming whether they have 720 screens or maybe non-Samsung to see if there's a pattern?
@Chapaeff33: that's what I got after entering just that code. I got the following error message:
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
AppleTV:~ root# apt-get install org.xmbc.xmbc-atv2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package org.xmbc.xmbc-atv2
AppleTV:~ root#
(2012-04-01, 22:27)tompop Wrote: @Chapaeff33: that's what I got after entering just that code. I got the following error message:
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
AppleTV:~ root# apt-get install org.xmbc.xmbc-atv2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package org.xmbc.xmbc-atv2
AppleTV:~ root#

Because it's xbmc not xmbc Laugh
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
OMG, thats crazy. Be right back, will hand in my Master's degree...
Just a quick note to say thank you everyone involved in making this work with IOS 5.1 so very quickly I am sure there are many of us who are lost without our ATV2 powered XBMC
Guys just a quick update. I just swapped out my 4.4.4 ATV for my now working 5.1 one on my main TV. Obviously tether booted it. Found that it was back to portrait mode again. I eddited the GUI config file again and could see that the settings had been updated back to 720. Worked fine once I'd changed it but just a heads up that this seems to get updated after a full reboot. Was going to change the permissions to try and stop t but it's quick enough to change if I need to again.
So i think i've got a new approach which should work for all of you. It doesn't need any diddle with guisettings.xml (and i'm not sure why this solved the issue). Will have to wait for davilla who kindly borrows his dropbox traffic for this.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have the xbmc.log of me starting xbmc and exiting xbmc. I was unable to install syslogd using apt-get install syslogd i received this
E: Type '.deb' is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.

If I could resolve this i would post the syslog too but for now only xbmc.log

http://pastebin.com/VxhN1x3V

Thanks again.
Just wondering if someone could give step by step instructions? i'm on ios 5.1 tethered jb atv flash 1.4.1.
they are in the sticky thread at the top of this forum called "Eden for ATV2 running iOS 5.1"

happyendin21 thx ... but i guess the next version will solve it for ya all (fingers crossed). Have to go now. The new build will appear in the sticky thread as soon as davilla gets some time to put it there (or i do it tomorrow from work).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-04-01, 23:59)Memphiz Wrote: they are in the sticky thread at the top of this forum called "Eden for ATV2 running iOS 5.1"

happyendin21 thx ... but i guess the next version will solve it for ya all (fingers crossed). Have to go now. The new build will appear in the sticky thread as soon as davilla gets some time to put it there (or i do it tomorrow from work).

I was going to say so much for sleep huh?.. I hope you get some rest I look forward to trying your fixed version and thank you immensely for your time and efforts.
I am trying to install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 but get this :

/private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances$ apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 has no installation candidate
Never mind. Have everything working now.
I would like to thank the mod for indirectly answering my question! Everything is working A1. T.Wink
take3 is updated in the sticky thread - please everone who had problems test with this version (non ios5.1 users are welcome for join the test aswell because i changed something for all ios versions this time).

thx davilla for uploading it while i was asleep Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 5.1 & XBMC2