• 36(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
(2012-04-04, 02:35)fldc Wrote: I just did an upgrade from 11.0~git20120207.1fef727-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric to 11.0~git20120229.f38655f-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric and playing mkv files no longer produces any audio, any hints on what could be going on? :S

Please try the most newest version, which is 2:11.0~git20120326.1649-b6b4562-0oneiric. This one should be installed with the ppa enabled and a simple apt-get upgrade. Please report back.

Issues I can think off:
- a) Sound is muted (if no error message)
- b) Change your audio device, if not muted
- and a) again :-)
- c) provide a logfile with debugging turned on

Greetings
Peter
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-04-04, 05:59)fritsch Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 02:35)fldc Wrote: I just did an upgrade from 11.0~git20120207.1fef727-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric to 11.0~git20120229.f38655f-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric and playing mkv files no longer produces any audio, any hints on what could be going on? :S

Please try the most newest version, which is 2:11.0~git20120326.1649-b6b4562-0oneiric. This one should be installed with the ppa enabled and a simple apt-get upgrade. Please report back.

Issues I can think off:
- a) Sound is muted (if no error message)
- b) Change your audio device, if not muted
- and a) again :-)
- c) provide a logfile with debugging turned on

Greetings
Peter
The version i upgraded to via apt was of course 11.0~git20120326.1649-b6b4562-0oneiric, my bad, the problem is this only happens with mkv files, nothing else, so the audio device is not muted.

Here is a log of first playing an xvid file which produce audio and then playing an mkv file Smile
http://pastebin.com/ztB6vRB7

EDIT: I spoke to soon, i just happened to choose files using ac3, which is not working Big Grin
@fldc

Quote:10:32:58 T:11601664 INFO: AC3 pass through is enabled
10:32:58 T:11601664 INFO: DTS pass through is enabled

Go to the audio settings and uncheck AC3 and DTS. And retry afterwars. What speakers do you have connected and what other audio settings do you have?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-04-04, 10:58)fritsch Wrote: @fldc

Quote:10:32:58 T:11601664 INFO: AC3 pass through is enabled
10:32:58 T:11601664 INFO: DTS pass through is enabled

Go to the audio settings and uncheck AC3 and DTS. And retry afterwars. What speakers do you have connected and what other audio settings do you have?

Ok, don't I feel stupid, thank you, missed that! Wink
No Problem at all. Next time for such small issues, you can join the irc channel. As this thread gets really unreadable by time :-).
a short question:

having one core on an E-450 running on 100% while using an NYXBoard got nothing to do with the XVBA Version of XBMC ?
you could press "top" and see which process is running amok.
Ah, totally forgotten: Did you enable vsync? If not the GUI is rendered as fast it can. Go to System -> Settings -> System -> Video and choose: Vsync always enabled.
(2012-04-04, 14:17)fritsch Wrote: you could press "top" and see which process is running amok.

thx for helping a linux noob
(2012-04-04, 15:24)fritsch Wrote: Ah, totally forgotten: Did you enable vsync? If not the GUI is rendered as fast it can. Go to System -> Settings -> System -> Video and choose: Vsync always enabled.

Of course i did ;-) and i disabled the rss feed.

I can see the CPU usage rising, when I plug in the Bluetooth dongle and it doesn't go down after pulling it out again.
is xbmc using the CPU, or is it some other process?
(2012-04-04, 16:39)wsnipex Wrote: is xbmc using the CPU, or is it some other process?

no it's: upstart-udev-br
(2012-04-04, 19:16)XanomalieX Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 16:39)wsnipex Wrote: is xbmc using the CPU, or is it some other process?

no it's: upstart-udev-br

and this is the solution:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...omments/32

if somebody else needs it
Hi everybody.
I’m not able to install ati drivers for my ASUS E35M1-M into my Ubuntu 11.10 minimal.
I download, successfully create .deb packages and install them. But after that the screen is black and I’m not able to enter into the console pressing alt+f2 key.
I follow those steps:
- Install Ubuntu minimal 11.10
- Install ssh
- Install 3.31 kernel from this source: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mai...1-precise/
- Install all prerequisites for compile amd driver 12.3 following the “Before you start” steps of this guide: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_...tion_Guide
- Create the packages for my distribution and install them.
- Run sudo aticonfig --initial –f
- Install HVDA: sudo apt-get install xvba-va-driver libva-glx1 vainfo
- After that I would like to install the new verion of xmbc (that now support VAAPI) from the repository
Now I’m not able to see anything on the screen and I have access to the system only through ssh. If I run fglrxinfo command an Error massage occurs.
Please could you help me? I’m getting crazy…
@CrazYoshi:

You mix several things up. Follow the steps as mentioned in the howto. There is no need for a 3.31 kernel and there is also no need for the old and buggy xvba-va-drivers. This howto is basically about installing xbmc with XVBA extension. XVBA directly uses the UVD of the AMD cards without fooling around with a wrapper in between.

You can join #xbmc-xvba, as it gets too long to explain the differences again.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23