• 6(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
(2012-04-02, 18:19)ix400 Wrote: Funny thing is that the whole HD-audio business is working with DanielA's non-AE HD-audio build. Even with the erroneous skin and the sync feature enabled.

Thats the biggest thing for me as well--but then again, I didn't code either patch or AE---so who knows what they do differently.

I will put this build back on and see if I can reproduce with the default skin.

(I dig denon, had pioneer elite for a while--but never got to liking their mcacc or whatever)
I am experiencing the same "switching-bug" as ix400 and getting no sound. I also have a Pioneer receiver, VSX-1020. DanielaE's patch build works fine. I have also tried older AE builds the last couple of months, and compiled builds myself and they all experienced the same issue.
(2012-04-02, 15:46)DDDamian Wrote: @jayhawk785 - please do grab a log and post it here. If you're using Aoen Nox and have the same pvr-spam bug it will certainly affect the higher bitrate files like DTS-MA/TrueHD. They stream at very high rates, so a thread tying up CPU cycles will interrupt the flow and cause that issue. Your setup has more than enough horsepower to do the job but an errent thread being tied up will bring any processor to it's knees, especially with time-critical stuff like high-def playback.

I also do not recommend Sync to Display as mentioned - it's almost forcing errors in audio or video output.

Nice selection of amps BTW - big Denon fan here as my sig shows Tongue

Ok, so I put this build on another machine (another room) vs. the denon 4311, disable sync audio and everything is good (in case you want to review the debug log http://notbusy.com/xbmc.log.working )

I found the log from the other machine vs. the denon 3311 but I didnt have debug on, just errors/notices: http://notbusy.com/xbmc.log

I'll try to get debug info on this machine if it still exhibits the problem.
I've tried again but the ION HDMI just doesn't want to play ball. I've tried all kinds of setup combinations for Audio but it will always freeze or give the initialization error. The log only shows this:

20:09:12 T:2640 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: Unable to initialize WASAPI in exclusive mode -2004287473 - (AUDCLNT_E_ENDPOINT_CREATE_FAILED).
20:09:12 T:2640 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.

Btw, the Peter Gabriel plays perfectly with the HD patch, my Yamaha RX-V3067 shows DTS 96/24 in its OSD.
Hey great - lot's to go on here. Give me a bit to go through your logs and have a look.

Sounds like on some setups/receivers it works fine and on others it flickers between PCM and DTS-HD - that'll obviously be the priority to fix. The logs should give me some answers there - thanks all.

@HeresJohnny - I tried Peter Gabriel - Play on mine. I ripped the full ISO on that one and can confirm the AC3 track plays perfectly but the DTS 24/96 does not, so I can reproduce that and will get that format working.

I'll come back with answers and/or a patch shortly.

Just as an FYI, the AE branch is basically a complete teardown of the existing code, including a full re-write of PAPlayer and changes to the DVDPlayer. It's huge. DanielaE probably did the smart thing in her patch, which took the AE HD demux and associated code and applied it to Windows builds with minimal changes, and it works flawlessly. I use it with some mods as my main player. But the AE code supports all major platforms and beings much greater fidelity to everything from mp3 to high-def FLAC. At last count it was over 90,000 lines of code, so there are some major differences and a whole lot more debugging to do. Thanks for your patience and the testing efforts - without which it'd be impossible to get this major overhaul of the ground!

Cheers,
Damian
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
@HeresJohnny - that error is coming from Windows - according to MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) it occurs when:

Code:
The method failed to create the audio endpoint for the render or the capture device. This can occur if the audio endpoint device has been unplugged, or the audio hardware or associated hardware resources have been reconfigured, disabled, removed, or otherwise made unavailable for use.

I typically have noticed it if WASAPI is not actually in Exclusive Mode - can you check your Windows audio properties and ensure that in the last tab (Advanced) the two checkboxes are both ticked? "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority"?

Windows volume must be at 100% in this mode, and any enhancements in that tab turned off. All of these are required for WASAPI bitstreaming to work.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-04-02, 23:19)DDDamian Wrote: @HeresJohnny - I tried Peter Gabriel - Play on mine. I ripped the full ISO on that one and can confirm the AC3 track plays perfectly but the DTS 24/96 does not, so I can reproduce that and will get that format working.

Thanks! Just to clarify, it's not a problem of 96/24 dts on the NVIDIA ION platform, but any DTS will fail at this time.

(2012-04-03, 07:56)HeresJohnny Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 23:19)DDDamian Wrote: @HeresJohnny - I tried Peter Gabriel - Play on mine. I ripped the full ISO on that one and can confirm the AC3 track plays perfectly but the DTS 24/96 does not, so I can reproduce that and will get that format working.

Thanks! Just to clarify, it's not a problem of 96/24 dts on the NVIDIA ION platform, but any DTS will fail at this time.

Thx - think I found the issue to both DTS on your ION (AE uses a more descriptive and newer WAVEFORMATEX_IEC61937 header as opposed to the older WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE header, but may not be as compatible) and the double sink opening glitch I referenced earlier - should have another build up in the next day or two - stay tuned!

Anyone else got feedback (with logs if a bug) on their systems and this build? What works, what doesn't, what hardware?
(2012-04-03, 15:08)DDDamian Wrote: Thx - think I found the issue to both DTS on your ION (AE uses a more descriptive and newer WAVEFORMATEX_IEC61937 header as opposed to the older WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE header

Nice! With my brains and your brawns... hehehe
(2012-04-02, 17:43)DDDamian Wrote: Thx liquidskin - I have the same GPU and it's awesome as far as sync - even rated as one of the best at the dreaded 23.976hz nightmare. Highly recommend for those doing an HTPC build - and the price is amazing right now.

If anyone else can chime in on the sync it would be great (as well as any other comments good or bad)

I've experienced the 24hz av sync issue on all builds I've tried previously, I used to make do by adding a 250ms delay. However in the latest AE build the sync appears to be perfect as far as I can tell. I've tried DD, DTS, DTS-HD MA & TrueHD and so far so good.

As for hardware I'm running:
AMD A6-3500
ASRock A75M-ITX
4GB memory

Thanks so much for your hard work on this, I'm sure it will be appreciated by many!! Big Grin
(2012-04-03, 15:08)DDDamian Wrote: should have another build up in the next day or two - stay tuned!

Really looking forward to it! Hopefully updated from master and with double sink fix!! Big Grin

Good man. Wink
DDDamian, could you find any hints in my log file that might be in relation to the "switching bug"?

Maybe I just have to buy a different amp... Rolleyes

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
(2012-04-04, 19:11)ix400 Wrote: DDDamian, could you find any hints in my log file that might be in relation to the "switching bug"?

Maybe I just have to buy a different amp... Rolleyes

Chris

Hey Chris - yep, I think that what I'm calling the "double-opening" glitch is the root cause - it appears that some receivers are more affected by that and I believe it's just setting up a loop. So some ride through it, others kick it out and force a re-open which just re-starts the issue.

I'm hoping that's the case (it's just a logical extension as I can't reproduce on mine) but I have a good feeling that's the problem.

Almost done latest tweaks - should be able to up a new build after some testing tonight or tomorrow!
... good to hear, thanks a lot.

Chris
(2012-04-05, 06:05)ix400 Wrote: ... good to hear, thanks a lot.

Chris

I will be off for a short vacation over easter. I'm gonna leave in about 24 hours, but tonight I could
still do a little testing if you put on the new build. If not, I will test it next monday.

Thanks again for your work,

Chris
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3