• 9(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
Seems to work again as of the 6/10 nightly.
Yep, as of the October 6 nightly the Play button is working to begin movies and TV shows again.

The giant .png creation issue is still plaguing me, however. And according to the log it appears to be a PleXBMC issue, not an XBMC issue.

Quote:21:05:06 T:2957852672 DEBUG: Caching image 'http://SDF2.local.:32400/library/parts/8394/cdart.png' as '3/3a07d29e.png' full size
21:05:06 T:2957852672 INFO: Caching image from: http://SDF2.local.:32400/library/parts/8394/cdart.png to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3a07d29e.png
21:23:42 T:2954514432 DEBUG: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: 1
9:09 AM
21:23:42 T:2957852672 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3a07d29e.png Error:Not a PNG file (12)
21:23:42 T:2957852672 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3a07d29e.png
21:23:43 T:2954514432 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3a07d29e.png Error:Not a PNG file (12)
21:23:43 T:2954514432 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3a07d29e.png

Last night while watching movies two massive .png files were created. One at 10.57GB in size and the other at 19.92GB!

I guess PleXBMC is trying to serve thumbnail data to XBMC, there’s some kind of bug, and the file is never told to stop growing?

Hopefully, this is something Hippojay can look into… maybe he can add some debug info to check the size after it's cached?

-Berylium
I’m not well versed enough in python to do this myself but if someone else here is and they’re also experiencing the massive .png thumbnail issue like me I believe a size check can be placed in PleXBMC’s default.py. Specifically, I’d think line 2813 in the the getThumb function would be the spot.

Code:
def getThumb(arguments, server):
    thumbnail=""

try:
        if arguments['thumb'].split('/')[0] == "http:":
            return arguments['thumb']
        else:    
            thumbnail='http://'+server+arguments['thumb'].split('?t')[0]
## add something here to verify that thumbnail is less than 5MB?
    except:
        thumbnail=g_loc+'/resources/movie.png'  

return thumbnail
Hi,

Sorry I've been away, had quite a it on at work and then a suffer the dreaded double hdd failure which took some time (and expense) to fix.

Anyway, I'm back and can have a look.

Anyway, basically I can see that this issue is to do with the extra fan art/thumb functionality of certain skins. The cdart.png filename is nothing that lives in the plugin, nor on the plex media server. It seems like an optimistic hunt for extra art in the same location as the movie.

Unfortunately due to the way plex work, a call to the dir is also a call to the media file, and so this is being cached as a picture (hence the multi-gb files).

Not sure how to fix this, it's more an issue with plex media server and how it reacts to calls to the API. In reality the API is too open and relaxed and needs to be tightened up.

I'll drop elan an email and see what he thinks
hello
i run atv flash on appletv with xbmc.
i like to install plexbmc on apple tv.i have download zip rep,but apple tv won't install it .
is it only for windows user from a pc ?
what i like precisely is use plexbmc on appletv ,connection to my plea server on my iMac.plex have some plugins xbmc don't have.

thank you developer for the great job over this xbmc forum
Thanks for your response, hippojay.

Quote:Anyway, basically I can see that this issue is to do with the extra fan art/thumb functionality of certain skins.

I’m using your PlexAeon skin. Are you suggesting the skin is asking for the data? If so, can the skin be modified to stop asking? Would one of your other PleXBMC compatible skins not have the problem?

Quote:Unfortunately due to the way plex work, a call to the dir is also a call to the media file, and so this is being cached as a picture (hence the multi-gb files).

I understand what you mean about the contents of the video being inserted in these monster .png files. I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “a call to the [directory] is also a call to the media file.” My (very basic) understanding of how PMS works is that the Plex client always streams and plays the same file and PMS just associates different media with that file. But I don’t get how cdart.png is linking to the video. At any rate, is there a hack we could do to alleviate the problem? For instance, all my movies are in one folder, could I put a dummy cdart.png in that folder or in one of Plex’s folders to trick PMS/PleXBMC?

Quote:I'll drop elan an email and see what he thinks

I hope you hear from Elan and can let us know if a solution is coming. Things have been pretty quite on the Plex front for a while now.

-berylium
When i first setup the PleXBMC plugin it shows all library sections of my PMS.

First problem:
All the posters are shown correctly and immediately (that's not the problem ). But not the fanart. Sometimes it takes 3-5 seconds to show up the correct fanart and sometimes it doesn't show any...

Second problem:
If i change something in the PMS via PMM, like a cover or fan art, it's shown immediately with Plex. Not so in XBMC with PleXBMC plugin. Nothing changes here. No matter what i try. No "refresh listing", no "refresh library section" do anything. Even after numerous restarts of XBMC, PMS and the Mac itself... no changed art is shown.

I'm using XBMC/PleXBMC on the same Mac mini as Plex/PMS.

Any ideas? Thanks!
I`m using this because i want to have access to itunes music library rather xbmc`s

is there a way to create a link directly to the itunes libray ?
The addon suddenly stopped working ....

Quote:15:31:09 T:6988 NOTICE: HTTP response error: 404 Not Found
15:31:09 T:6988 NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC STOP =====
15:31:09 T:8004 NOTICE: SKIN == True
15:31:09 T:4816 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:31:10 T:8312 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:31:10 T:9176 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:31:10 T:7540 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:31:12 T:7920 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:31:12 T:7920 ERROR: E:\XBMC_e\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.plexbmc\default.py:2: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
import sys,os,datetime, time, sha, inspect, base64
15:31:12 T:7920 NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC START =====
15:31:12 T:7920 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running on (2, 6, 6, 'final', 0)
15:31:12 T:7920 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running with cElementTree on Python 2.5+
15:31:12 T:7920 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Debug is turned off. Running silent
15:31:14 T:7708 ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't

any ideas?
does anyone know how to change the tvshow background of tv with dog on it, and the movie one? ive tried replacing them in the plex media server/resources/graphics, but no luck, tried replacing them in the plexbmc skin im using also no luck....and dont see anywhere in the actual addon to replace them....
I'm starting to manually include some of the popular non-xbmc.org repo add-ons on the XBMC Wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:PleXBMC

Feel free to do what you want (within reason) with that page. You can even make subpages by adding a slash to the url, like:

wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-onTongueleXBMC/changelog

Drop me a message if anyone needs help with wiki editing. Anyone can edit, just register on the wiki and you're good to go (page creation requires an account that is a few days old and has made five edits).
Hello.

Is there any way to get PleXBMC to utilize the 'sorttitle' flag when sorting by name?

Thank you.
Hi all,

I have installed xbmc and the plex add-on successfully. By the way, thanks for your work!

The porblem is that the plexbmc doesn't see my libraries. The reason is the following (from debug log):
19:02:04 T:140397952661248 M:2462597120 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> getURL: url = http://192.168.1.200:32400/system/library/sections
19:02:05 T:140397952661248 M:2461458432 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> getURL: ====== XML returned =======
19:02:05 T:140397952661248 M:2461458432 NOTICE: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<MediaContainer noHistory="0" replaceParent="0" size="0" identifier="com.plexapp.system"/>

So my plex server doesn't give back any library Sad
For the Plex Media Server I am using the binary package available for fedora/centos (there is a thread about it) which is based on the binary package for ubuntu. I have tested two versions but both of them has the same issue:

Other players (samsung smart TV, android plex) are working fine.

If I do a GET on http://192.168.1.200:32400/library/sections then I get back my libraries (this is what the plex manage website does and I guess the other players as well) but that xml is not usable for plexbmc ( I tested it Wink ).

Do you have any idea what can be the problem and where should I start?

Thanks.
What version of plexbmc and what version of XBMC are you using?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3