Win Xbox 360 Controller won't work after it was idle
Hi,

I'm controlling XBMC with my xbox 360 controller. To accomplish that, I edited the keymap file.
So today I updated XBMC from Eden RC2 to the release-version of Eden. The controller still works. But if the controller isn't used for some time (after some minutes the controller goes to "sleep" so one has to power it on again) xbmc can't be controlled with it anymore.

This happens just after updating XBMC. I didn't have this problem in the last weeks.

Information maybe required:
Using XBMC 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09 on Windows 7, 64-bit Service Pack 1 build 7601

Excuse my English Smile
I have a similar-ish issue so I'm going to include it here. Please let me know if I should move it. When using a PS3 controller under MotionInJoy in Xbox360 mode, connecting and disconnecting the controller causes XBMC to crash. So far, it happens every time I've connected or disconnected and XBox360 controller (XBMC will stop responding and then windows will ask me to close XBMC).

I'm using the Eden Final release on Windows 7 64bit, and I haven't fiddled with any controller settings for XBMC yet. I did not have this issue with Dharma.
Having exact same issue as atsumori, but with a real wireless xbox controller
What about debug logfiles? Works fine for me with a cable bound x360 controller. CrystalP committed a fix for that after rc2 and this fix works fine for me.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I am having the same problems. I have a black wireless xbox 360 controller and wireless usb receiver that I use to control XBMC. Before I upgraded if the controller went to sleep pressing the center button would wake it up and it would continue to work. Now after a while XBMC seems to forget about the controller.

I tried to simulate the effect by removing the battery from the controller, this does not cause the problem, when the batteries are replaced the controller continues working.
Four complaints, three new forum members (welcome), one request for a log, zero logs.

No crystal ball guys. Read here to post a Debug Log.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Sorry, hopefully this helps. This is my first debug log so let me know if there is any more information you need:

http://pastebin.com/sL8SUVyP

To further explain:

Issue: Disconnecting Xbox360 controller (ps3 controller in motioninjoy xbox360 mode) causes xbmc to crash

Replicating the issue:
1) Connect controller and start up XBMC (I don't think this order is important)
2) launch a game from advanced launcher and play
3) exit the game and return to xbmc
4) disconnect controller
Doing so causes XBMC to freeze. Windows will then tell me the program has become unresponsive and ask to close XBMC

Things I've noticed
*You have to actually play a game to cause the issue. XBMC behaves as expected if you just connect and disconnect without playing a game.

*The crash also occurs when connecting the controller, but only for the first time connecting the controller after startup. If you disconnect and then reconnect without restarting the computer, the reconnect will be handled without crash.

* XBMC only crashes after it is activated. If, for example, you have another window open and XMBC in the background (in windowed mode) when the controller disconnects, you can actually still see XBMC react to your mouse in the background after the disconnect. It's only when you then reactivate XBMC that XBMC crashes.

*XMBC will crash if you launch the game on it's own as well (without using advanced launcher). Keeping xbmc in windowed mode, navigating and launching the game in windows, and then exiting the game and disconnecting the controller causes xbmc to crash once XBMC is reactivated.

For my tests I used MAME for both testing through advanced launcher and out (from desktop), as well as Snes9X through advanced launcher.

*Updated with additional findings.
(2012-03-31, 01:45)Cerium Wrote: I am having the same problems. I have a black wireless xbox 360 controller and wireless usb receiver that I use to control XBMC. Before I upgraded if the controller went to sleep pressing the center button would wake it up and it would continue to work. Now after a while XBMC seems to forget about the controller.

Still works that way on my setup with the Xbox360EventClient.exe, no matter which version of XBMC.
On further testing, I've found that my issue seems to only occur when disconnecting the controller. Plugging in the controller causes no problems in XBMC.
I have the same problem as atsumori, only, it doesn't seem to happen EVERY time... That's what's so weird about it. I will do some more testing, try to replicate and post a log as well.
same here, happens when back from advanced launcher and playing a game....with any control conected...
I have the same problem as the OP. Also if the controller is idle when xbmc starts then same problem of the controller not being able to control xbmc after it's woken.

I would just use Xbox360EventClient.exe if the two binary URLs were working. Could anyone upload a copy please?
(2012-04-11, 11:15)snappyfool Wrote: I have the same problem as the OP. Also if the controller is idle when xbmc starts then same problem of the controller not being able to control xbmc after it's woken.

I would just use Xbox360EventClient.exe if the two binary URLs were working. Could anyone upload a copy please?

here ya go dude

Xbox360EventClient
I'm dealing with this bug as well. I've got a PS3 controller set up to emulate a 360 controller with MotionInJoy, and if it is disconnected while XBMC is running (usually because of the power-saving timeout), XBMC crashes, giving the Windows "xbmc has stopped running" message. Looking at atsumori's log, it's definitely something to do with MotionInJoy, but I will post a log later on today.
(2012-04-11, 11:32)mrka Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 11:15)snappyfool Wrote: I have the same problem as the OP. Also if the controller is idle when xbmc starts then same problem of the controller not being able to control xbmc after it's woken.

here ya go dude

Xbox360EventClient

Cheers dude!

I think there are least two separate issues in this thread. Wireless Xbox 360 controller going to sleep and then not being responsive in XBMC. And then something about PS3 controllers and MotionInJoy...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox 360 Controller won't work after it was idle0