NFS problems
I'm looking to move off my popcorn hour onto xbmc. To test a few things out I have the latest release of xbmc installed on my win 7 laptop. I have all my media on a WHS server and I current stream over NFS to the PCH (via powerline). I can add sources to xbmc as SMB but when I try and add NFS it doesn't find anything. As I mentioned, searching for NFS shares on PCH shows the shares fine. I'm serving NFS via HaneWIN. Any ideas?
What happens when you type in the nfs paths directly? Can it access them?
(2012-04-11, 16:13)prae5 Wrote: What happens when you type in the nfs paths directly? Can it access them?
I did try nfs://[ip]/share but it didn't work. Also tried switching off the windows 7 firewall completely.

xbmc.log needed
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-11, 23:13)Memphiz Wrote: xbmc.log needed
Sure - I'll get it done this evening

(2012-04-12, 08:29)whistlingdogg Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 23:13)Memphiz Wrote: xbmc.log needed
Sure - I'll get it done this evening

http://pastebin.com/bDUFTJWe

Steps to reproduce:

1) launch xbmc
2) nav to videos
3) nav to files
4) add source
5) select browse
6) select nfs

get a busy cursor then returns with nothing

tried again with nfs://10.0.0.6/Videos

again nothing is returned.

Log files don't appear to show much other than confirm that there was an error. The version and the hardware etc are available in the log file.

Any firewall on your windows pc?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-04-14, 01:12)Memphiz Wrote: Any firewall on your windows pc?

From original post: "Also tried switching off the windows 7 firewall completely."

then you need to find someone who has a running setup with hanewin - it definitly works and there just seems to be a setup issue somewhere (a hand full of people around here are running hanewin without issues iirc). Also double check you got the latest version of hanewin...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS problems0