• 18(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
There might be a bug when setting single image backgrounds. When the image is selected it doesn't change until you exit out of the main menu customiser. Ultimately the functionality works, but it's a little confusing when you hit enter and you end up still looking at the default background until you exit.

Also, is there an option to turn off the animated backgrounds? Can't seem to find it.
There's no option to turn off animated backgrounds right now. It was mentioned it's on the to-do list a couple pages back. Only way to do it right now is finding the setting in the guisettings.xml and manually turning it off. Or, just let it be until the option gets added.
@Rygrath

sorry my mistake. I think he means the statistic and not the static message. The static message is ok. I mean the statistic for videoplaylist.

Sorry i read the post from bokkoman wrong, sorry my mistake.

Greets
Eisi
(2012-04-12, 22:07)Eisi2005 Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 21:36)Rygrath Wrote: [quote='bokkoman' pid='1074140' dateline='1334257094']
I have the same problem with that static info on top of the screen, like the pictures in Eisi2005.
It is really annoying. If i rollback to an older version, it is gone (the one before the blacklisted version).

Hope you can resolve this, because i want to update Big Grin

thanks

This was already answered a couple times. Just read a few pages back.

Are bokkoman and i the only one who have this problem ?

@Rygrath

i´v got back to page 15 and i dont see any answer about this problem. In every screenshot is only the "standard" movie or tv-show menu with statistic. I´v you have the solution please give us the post, Thanks

Greets
Eisi

@bn

i become at start this screen and must press backspace to start xbmc. Is that the problem ? I know that this "problem" was some days ago for all. Is ist normal or is there the problem ?

Greets
Eisi

works perfectly here. if it doesn´t, then your latestandrandomitems script doesn´t work correctly.

(2012-04-12, 23:25)slipton Wrote: There might be a bug when setting single image backgrounds. When the image is selected it doesn't change until you exit out of the main menu customiser. Ultimately the functionality works, but it's a little confusing when you hit enter and you end up still looking at the default background until you exit.

Also, is there an option to turn off the animated backgrounds? Can't seem to find it.

we´ll see if we get a live preview done. atm not possible.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Cant figure out why the featured tv episodes are empty. Featured movies works fine. Latest movies and episodes work fine. Both latest and featured music work fine. Its just featured episodes that are blank

Pretty sure its just me...
(2012-04-12, 22:18)Rygrath Wrote: Question, the weather widget. Moving that to the bottom of the screen intentional or side effect to the navigation tweaks on the panels? Works for me either way, just wondering if a design choice something gone awry.

Looks better lower IMO, specially if someone chooses to use video fanart as the backdrop.. dont know why anyone would though, but its an option for the user Smile
Just pulled, and noticed this in the logs

Code:
20:47:37 T:972 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: Animation_VisibleChange
20:47:37 T:972 WARNING: Previous line repeats 8 times.
20:47:37 T:972   ERROR: Error parsing label - missing ']' in "$INFO[Window(Home).Property(CustomHomeItem1.Count),[COLOR $VAR[]$LOCALIZE[20342]: ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(CustomHomeItem1.Watched),   •   $LOCALIZE[16102]: ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(CustomHomeItem1.UnWatched),   •   $LOCALIZE[16101]: ]"
In movies Shift view, the text below is very hard to make out, and the media flags on the right are almost invisible, both with the default area color, as well as any of the other options

Same with the other movies viewtypes that have labels on the lower part of the screen. Lowlist, and BigFan were the only two viewtypes that have the media icons clearly visible
Sorry.. one more thing I think looks kinds weird, the movie sets in the Tri Panel, specially when the info is in the middle and the poster in the end. Also the list looks pretty weird with movies having the year and rating, but the movie sets are blank.. and for any watched movie sets having the check mark just makes it look stranger

Oh, and for the record, I have never watched the twilight movie, even though it has a check mark next to it... the wife watched it when I was at work Smile
Can't find anything on this is the 3.0 thread. Followed the instructions in the Aeon Nox FAQ on where to place the .jpgs. But the images don't show up on when I go to the Genre screen on the Movies submenu. Tried a number of settings for that screen...nada. Am I missing something?
Another suggestion - for the episode view, would it look better to move the logo from the top left corner to the bottom right corner, between the episode name and the media flags?

The media flags are spaced nicely apart and if required could be moved a bit closer together to make additional room

This occurred to me while I was testing the episode view (looks amazing btw Phil!!!), and even when scrolled all the way to the bottom to the last episode to highlight and bring out the info, there is enough space between that and the lower right

It looks really good on the top too, this is just a suggestion
(2012-04-13, 05:47)puulima Wrote: Can't find anything on this is the 3.0 thread. Followed the instructions in the Aeon Nox FAQ on where to place the .jpgs. But the images don't show up on when I go to the Genre screen on the Movies submenu. Tried a number of settings for that screen...nada. Am I missing something?

Pulled the log and see this for every single genre .jpg:
23:52:03 T:6176 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/genre/music/icons/Soap.jpg

Whoa - just noticed every single error refers to the MUSIC folder and not the VIDEO folder? Is this a bug? I copied the icons folder to the MUSIC folder and now they show up.

Side note: I downloaded the genre images from another skin (confluence) - Does anybody have a nice collection of genre .jpgs for Aeon Nox?

Thanks!
(2012-04-13, 05:56)puulima Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 05:47)puulima Wrote: Can't find anything on this is the 3.0 thread. Followed the instructions in the Aeon Nox FAQ on where to place the .jpgs. But the images don't show up on when I go to the Genre screen on the Movies submenu. Tried a number of settings for that screen...nada. Am I missing something?

Pulled the log and see this for every single genre .jpg:
23:52:03 T:6176 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/genre/music/icons/Soap.jpg

Whoa - just noticed every single error refers to the MUSIC folder and not the VIDEO folder? Is this a bug? I copied the icons folder to the MUSIC folder and now they show up.

Side note: I downloaded the genre images from another skin (confluence) - Does anybody have a nice collection of genre .jpgs for Aeon Nox?

Thanks!

which viewtype?
(2012-04-13, 05:51)noner Wrote: Another suggestion - for the episode view, would it look better to move the logo from the top left corner to the bottom right corner, between the episode name and the media flags?

The media flags are spaced nicely apart and if required could be moved a bit closer together to make additional room

This occurred to me while I was testing the episode view (looks amazing btw Phil!!!), and even when scrolled all the way to the bottom to the last episode to highlight and bring out the info, there is enough space between that and the lower right

It looks really good on the top too, this is just a suggestion

no, top left seems more fitting to me (will probably also add an option to toggle the clearart off )
(2012-04-13, 05:04)noner Wrote: In movies Shift view, the text below is very hard to make out, and the media flags on the right are almost invisible, both with the default area color, as well as any of the other options

Same with the other movies viewtypes that have labels on the lower part of the screen. Lowlist, and BigFan were the only two viewtypes that have the media icons clearly visible

doesn´t happen here. try with clean guisettings.xml.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-04-13, 06:19)phil65 Wrote: which viewtype?

Viewtype? Does that matter...I was just trying to get the images to show up for the Movie & TV genres from sub-menus off the main menu - nothing showed up until I copied the icons folder over from \extras\genre\video to \extras\genre\music. I wondered why nothing was showing up and then saw all the errors in the log - all referenced the MUSIC folder.
if you want help, answer my question.
(2012-04-13, 06:25)phil65 Wrote: if you want help, answer my question.

Don't think I understand the question...I'm on the main menu?

If you're talking about the View Mode once I actually go into the Genres screens - didn't matter - I tried them all and nothing showed up until i copied the images over to the Music folder. It's working now - so don't understand what the issue was...if nobody else has had this issue - dunno what to say. Maybe it's just too late...

Where does one find a comprehensive collection of genre icons? The pack I grabbed is missing several. Been googling, but nothing so far.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07