• 22(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
both known. not in a hurry with the missing settings, just set them in confluence/whatever.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-14, 15:58)phil65 Wrote: both known. not in a hurry with the missing settings, just set them in confluence/whatever.

k. thx Smile
(2012-04-14, 08:10)phil65 Wrote: for all: try home menu glow mode. looks wonderful with alt rss texture and a nice color imo (needs still some color adjusting)

Glow mode on home looks really cool!!
OK can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction... For the Featured widget

Featured music works, featured movies work, but featured episodes just refuse to show up

Latest in everything works great

If I have Random Episode by itself, it works great
(2012-04-14, 05:27)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 05:12)Death-Axe Wrote: Just had a quick look at this wip skin, and I have to say it's not even 10% as good as 2.0. I know it's beta though so perhaps it will improve. Couple of things!

Font on the main menu. Why did you ditch the nox font? the original aeon font is horrible please don't use this one. Or give us a choice?

I couldn't find an option to turn off the animated backgrounds for the main menu. PLEASE let us choose this, animated bgs are seriously annoying.

The part of the main menu that says "sub menu". I know you can turn it off and all, but even including it in the first place.... too much clutter.

The new widgets are decent though. This has a LONG way to go before it gets even partly as good as 2.0. I know you are working hard though, so keep it up.

Question: it looks like others are working on this with you now, but seemed to have hijacked your skin, or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Final word: from the looks of it too much is being added to this skin, and with this version seems to have picked up too much bloat like the other aeon skins have. Since nox is suppose to be light and fast, this seems to be going in the wrong direction.

ok. someone who has no idea what he´s talkin about.
1) bloated? the skin is perhaps lighter than v2.0. look throught the commits from today, half of them remove parts instead of adding.
2) not all options are available atm. animate is one of those. will return. if you would have read some pages here, you would know that.
3) nav help is not clutter, but useful for people who do not use such software every day. neither big_noid or me use it, but we both agreed that it is an addition which makes sense. (wife acceptance factor)
4) since noone complained till now, you seem to be the only person who likes the old font better.
5) call it hijacking, we call it cooperating.

come back when it´s ready. you´re not helping anyone with those comments.

Well as I was asking hence the question marks the "ok. someone who has no idea what he´s talkin about." was not necessary.

1: fair enough, But I did say seems, so put away your hand bag.
2: fair enough again, you saw I acknowledged it's a beta, so again with the hand bag.
3: opinion noted, but I disagree.
4: well someone is complaining now; wont take much to give the user a choice of the better font would it?
5: didn't say it was hijacking, hence the question mark.

As I have only recently found out about about this beta, no I have not read through the many pages of content. But since I am a potential user, I added some thoughts on my initial experience. Which is what a beta test is for, right?

My post was not meant as an insult, so there is no need to be a grump.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
there is every reason to be a grump when somebody calls this skin bloated without giving one argument. we invest lot of hours in this, i don´t need comments from users who obviously didn´t really look before posting.
of course beta testing is also for discussing design decisions, but only when feedback is constructive. yours isn´t.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Hi,

here is a feature request. How about a option to active this timeline for pause and info screen ? I found on this timeline all important infos are on one view.

Greets
Eisi
you mean all those numbers? no, never. I´m sure most people do not know initially what they all mean.
Once I set something on the icon panel, how do I change it?

Even if I were to go back into the home menu customizer and set defaults, and then add the panel back in, it shows up again with the same shortcuts
not possible atm. will come.
Also, the icon labels appear to be overlapping a little bit with the icon image, if you look at the sickbeard icon (with a white background and the white text) the top of the letters is invisible

With the others because of the color contrast the letters are all visible but they are overlapping

(2012-04-14, 17:54)phil65 Wrote: not possible atm. will come.

Thx Phil.

Another thing I noticed on the panel (Im sure you know this already).. because the panel has select-able icons on it, maybe look at removing the FEATURED/LATEST at the bottom of this panel
Cannot seem to be able to set system widget. Even after selecting it, nothing shows up on the home menu. All other widgets can be added w/o issues
yes, everything known.
(2012-04-14, 17:57)noner Wrote: Also, the icon labels appear to be overlapping a little bit with the icon image, if you look at the sickbeard icon (with a white background and the white text) the top of the letters is invisible

With the others because of the color contrast the letters are all visible but they are overlapping

(2012-04-14, 17:54)phil65 Wrote: not possible atm. will come.

Thx Phil.

Another thing I noticed on the panel (Im sure you know this already).. because the panel has select-able icons on it, maybe look at removing the FEATURED/LATEST at the bottom of this panel
Cannot seem to be able to set system widget. Even after selecting it, nothing shows up on the home menu. All other widgets can be added w/o issues

try again, just fixed it. and change the fontset, please Big Grin arial looks baaad.
(2012-04-13, 06:19)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 05:04)noner Wrote: In movies Shift view, the text below is very hard to make out, and the media flags on the right are almost invisible, both with the default area color, as well as any of the other options

Same with the other movies viewtypes that have labels on the lower part of the screen. Lowlist, and BigFan were the only two viewtypes that have the media icons clearly visible

doesn´t happen here. try with clean guisettings.xml.

Tried with latest git and clean guisettings, same thing. Maybe just me?

Color Option under Appearance is set to default?

just checked, that´s it. you changed the color setting.
(2012-04-14, 18:21)phil65 Wrote: Color Option under Appearance is set to default?

just checked, that´s it. you changed the color setting.

That was it! I had it set to lite_floor, setting back to default makes them clear as a bell!!
that setting should be default when resetting guisettings.xml. please always check with default settings first when posting possible bugs.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07