• 5(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2012-04-13, 00:12)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 00:02)puulima Wrote: Do I need to edit any xml's though? I have it installed and configured...but nothing is happening?

No you should not. but like i said....

3.0 is WIP and every one should just some patience until it is finished!!

I'm patient...just want to make sure I know why it's not working Wink IE: dumb user error or due to the WIP skin.

BTW: just enabled "The Trailers" - looks cool. Need to do some reading - but quick question: will it download multiple trailers in the background to view later? My internet connection is dodgy when it comes to streaming 720 content.

Thanks!
No

Edit. Removed the off-topic posts
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
First of all, this is a truly great addon!

I run XBMC on ATV2 and Im a bit unsured if and where the images and/or cache are stored? Should I be worried about running out of space on the ATV2? Should I limit the cache size? Any other settings I should tweak in order to suit this addon to the ATV2?

Thanks!
(2012-04-14, 16:36)Acrobat76 Wrote: First of all, this is a truly great addon!

I run XBMC on ATV2 and Im a bit unsured if and where the images and/or cache are stored? Should I be worried about running out of space on the ATV2? Should I limit the cache size? Any other settings I should tweak in order to suit this addon to the ATV2?

I don't have an ATV2 (or original for that matter), but it looks like the image cache will be stored in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow/

My cache folder right now is 176mb. I listen to a fair amount of music from a fairly diverse set of artists. YMMV. Given what I know about the ATV2, it's probably worth setting a limit to the cache size. That said, I never tested the cache manager on an ATV, so if you run into problems, post a debug log here so I can look at it.
I've installed Artist Slideshow, but i don't see any images.

I'm running openelec, so i had to copy the confluence skin to the addon directory before i could substitute the two xml files with the right configuration. I also renamed the skin (to confluextra), then rebooted xbmc and selected the new skin.

I've switched on debugging and i've copy-pasted the relevant part of the logs to pastebin

http://pastebin.com/P1Kg3xTF

As you can see it gives some warning about files not being a jpeg, but no matter which artist i play, i always see these warnings.

Any insights would be very much appreciated!
(2012-04-14, 22:41)themarty Wrote: I've installed Artist Slideshow, but i don't see any images.

I'm running openelec, so i had to copy the confluence skin to the addon directory before i could substitute the two xml files with the right configuration. I also renamed the skin (to confluextra), then rebooted xbmc and selected the new skin.

I've switched on debugging and i've copy-pasted the relevant part of the logs to pastebin

http://pastebin.com/P1Kg3xTF

As you can see it gives some warning about files not being a jpeg, but no matter which artist i play, i always see these warnings.

Any insights would be very much appreciated!

Nothing obvious is jumping out from the logs. I see that it's downloading the images as expected to the directories I would expect and caching them the way I expect. I've not run XBMC on openelec, so I'm hoping someone here is running Artist Slideshow on openelec so we can compare notes with them.
On my phone so briefly: works fine on openelec for me. I also copied skin, renamed skin, modded those files and no probs (both in xbmc and via xsqueeze)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Just to let you know, it works!

It seems not all visualisations are compatible with Artist Slideshow and i was using one that wasn't. I assumed the artist slideshow would take over from the visualisation, but it appears that it the images are only shown in the transparent parts of the visualisation - this was not clear to me. As soon as i switched off the visualisation i saw the images. I also found two others in which i see the images in the transparent parts.
Maybe the wiki page should also mention this? But maybe i'm just a moron for not thinking of this before :-)
(2012-04-14, 19:40)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 16:36)Acrobat76 Wrote: First of all, this is a truly great addon!

I don't have an ATV2 (or original for that matter), but it looks like the image cache will be stored in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow/

My cache folder right now is 176mb. I listen to a fair amount of music from a fairly diverse set of artists. YMMV. Given what I know about the ATV2, it's probably worth setting a limit to the cache size. That said, I never tested the cache manager on an ATV, so if you run into problems, post a debug log here so I can look at it.

Thanks, I limited the cache and will see how it goes Smile

Hi,

I'm on cirrus extended v2 skin ans this addon works well ... except in one case :p

When I define local artist folder with my SMB sharing, it doesnt work.
I mean it doesnt get/found any extrafanart, and use the internet.

I'll get nothing in xbmc.log.

EDIT : of course, my SMB sharing works fine. My skin found the extrafanart on the smb sharing.

any idea ? known issu ?
(2012-04-15, 18:13)gates Wrote: When I define local artist folder with my SMB sharing, it doesnt work.
I mean it doesnt get/found any extrafanart, and use the internet.

I'll need to do some checking. My initial guess is that the local artist artwork will have to be on a local drive. I know when I try and do a slideshow of images on the main home screen that it only works if the images are local, and Artist Slideshow uses the same core XBMC feature to play a slideshow from a folder of images. If you can assign a local drive letter (assuming your using Windows) to the SMB share, you *might* be able to do it that way.
(2012-04-15, 08:40)themarty Wrote: It seems not all visualisations are compatible with Artist Slideshow and i was using one that wasn't. I assumed the artist slideshow would take over from the visualisation, but it appears that it the images are only shown in the transparent parts of the visualisation - this was not clear to me. As soon as i switched off the visualisation i saw the images. I also found two others in which i see the images in the transparent parts.
Maybe the wiki page should also mention this? But maybe i'm just a moron for not thinking of this before :-)

I added a limitations section to the wiki page and noted this (along with the potential issue with local images on an SMB share). Thanks for passing that along.

(2012-04-15, 21:51)pkscuot Wrote: I'll need to do some checking. My initial guess is that the local artist artwork will have to be on a local drive. I know when I try and do a slideshow of images on the main home screen that it only works if the images are local, and Artist Slideshow uses the same core XBMC feature to play a slideshow from a folder of images. If you can assign a local drive letter (assuming your using Windows) to the SMB share, you *might* be able to do it that way.

I'm on ubuntu. I try with a smb mount (for example //192.168.x.x/music/ => /home/xbmcUser/mnt_local_artist/), and it works !
very simple, even for a linux newbie like me :p

I tought about an option ...
would be possible to use only local fanart if we have more than 5 .jpg in extrafanart folder, and use both, local and internet, if we have less 5 .jpg ? (5 is for example of course)

hope my sentence is understandable Smile

Maybe i'm not doing it correctly (i'm fairly new to xbmc), but i run into the following problem:

When i set a visualisation (that has transparent parts) all goes well: i see the images in the background and the visualisation in the foreground when i go to fullscreen. However: i find it annoying that the visualisation it sort of blocking the images.
When i select 'None' for visualisation i have the problem that the screensaver kicks in during the artist slideshow, even though i have selected the option that instead of the screensaver it should use the visualisation during audio-playback (but i guess that's because there is no visualisation).
The only option i have then is to disable the screensaver, but this gives two new problems:
1. this disables the screensaver also for all non-audio functionality
2. with this configuration it has happened twice that the slideshow images get stuck on one artist. When i look in the logs it says the script is already running when i start a new song (which is probably why the images for the new artist are not shown). I haven't been able to create an exact set of steps to reproduce this though. So, i can't even be sure it is really related to this configuration (no visualisation, no screensaver)

So, i guess if i don't want the visualisation to mess up the slideshow, while leaving the screensaver intact, i should create an empty visualisation? Or is there another way to do this?
(2012-04-16, 11:21)gates Wrote: I thought about an option ...
would be possible to use only local fanart if we have more than 5 .jpg in extrafanart folder, and use both, local and internet, if we have less 5 .jpg ? (5 is for example of course)

I understand what you're asking for. I'll have to ponder that. It's certainly technically possible, it just feels a little redundant to me. If you select both local and internet images, your local folder is used to cache everything, so after not very long, every local folder would have more than five images anyway. My guess is you're trying to stop duplicate images from downloading when you have lots of existing fanart. I get it, and I'd be interested in some feedback from other folks on whether this would be useful or not. Then I need to figure out how to explain the new setting in a very few characters. Wink

(2012-04-16, 11:29)themarty Wrote: 2. with this configuration it has happened twice that the slideshow images get stuck on one artist. When i look in the logs it says the script is already running when i start a new song (which is probably why the images for the new artist are not shown). I haven't been able to create an exact set of steps to reproduce this though. So, i can't even be sure it is really related to this configuration (no visualisation, no screensaver)
When you get some time, put XBMC in debug mode and post a log when that happens. It shouldn't be getting stuck on an artist, and if it is I'd like to track that down.

Quote:So, i guess if i don't want the visualisation to mess up the slideshow, while leaving the screensaver intact, i should create an empty visualisation? Or is there another way to do this?
I've never used the screensaver, but it does look like what you've suggested is the only option if you want to keep the screensaver from kicking in while listening to music. Someone else might know for sure.
(2012-04-16, 20:21)pkscuot Wrote: I understand what you're asking for. I'll have to ponder that. It's certainly technically possible, it just feels a little redundant to me. If you select both local and internet images, your local folder is used to cache everything, so after not very long, every local folder would have more than five images anyway. My guess is you're trying to stop duplicate images from downloading when you have lots of existing fanart. I get it, and I'd be interested in some feedback from other folks on whether this would be useful or not. Then I need to figure out how to explain the new setting in a very few characters. Wink

I will clarify my thinking, and try to show you how useful it could be Smile

The goal is to have quality fanart in the music visualtion in first, and when it's not possible, still have something ont the screen.

My fanart are from fanart.tv (via auto DL in cdart manager addon). So they are all in 1920*1080, good quality etc etc.
Unfortunatly, some Artist have only 1 fanart, and music visualisation with only 1 fanart is a little boring :p (same with 2 fanart :x)

Of course, I can specify quality of internet downloaded jpg via "Minimal image width and height:" option (and select 1920*1080).
This way, i use both local and internet, and all will be OK.

But, there is a but ...
Some Artist haven't good quality fanart on last.fm or htbackdrops.com
In this case i'll get nothing for this artist in music visualisation.

Finally, I've to keep internet "low resolution", but dont really want to see them in the middle of my HD quality fanart visualisation.

By the way, i dont remember if I already say that : very great job on this addons (on my top 5 Smile ).
thx for this.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5