• 102(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
It took me a while, but I finally got round to fixing the custom background images feature.

If you enable "use a random background image when not watching media" in the settings dialog, Maraschino will randomly select one of the bundled background images on page load, instead of the default grass background.

If you create the folder "custom" in "<path to maraschino>/static/images/backgrounds/" and fill it with images, Maraschino will randomly choose from just these images.
Maraschino - a web frontend for your XBMC HTPC
Project homepage | XBMC forum thread
(2012-04-14, 17:10)hellow Wrote: Great work adding utorrent to mara, it was a missed feature. Im just wondering if you can controll it aswell, like pause etc?

I do have plans on adding more functionality. The client library I used is adapted from the uTorrent XBMC plugin so other commands should be easy to implement. I'm still trying to get my head around the structure of Maraschino so it may take a little. I'm hoping a few weeks at the most.
Support for multiple XBMC servers is very nearly finished. It's on branch "multiple-servers" if anybody wants to test it out (please post any bugs here if you do).
I can't seem to get any connection with xbmc going from maraschino.
I have tried both the master and the multiple-servers branch.

I am running maraschino on the same machine as xbmc (latest svn) / sickbeard & sabnzbd and the Trakt.tv plugin for xbmc.

The remote control services are running, and I have checked to see if I can telnet to port 9090 (JSON-RPC over TCP) from the machine itself and from another machine in the network.
Everything is working fine, except that I do not get any library or recently added information.
Instead I get "There was a problem connecting to the XBMC server." and now I am stumped.

Any advice on how to tackle this ?
(2012-04-15, 02:54)Kibje Wrote: I can't seem to get any connection with xbmc going from maraschino.
I have tried both the master and the multiple-servers branch.

I am running maraschino on the same machine as xbmc (latest svn) / sickbeard & sabnzbd and the Trakt.tv plugin for xbmc.

The remote control services are running, and I have checked to see if I can telnet to port 9090 (JSON-RPC over TCP) from the machine itself and from another machine in the network.
Everything is working fine, except that I do not get any library or recently added information.
Instead I get "There was a problem connecting to the XBMC server." and now I am stumped.

Any advice on how to tackle this ?

All of Maraschinos JSON requests are sent over http. The remote is a little different as it uses the event server.
Also Maraschino is not currently compatible with pre-frodo builds if thats what you are using.
Thanks for the heads up, I managed to get everthing working.

I had installed the latest XBMC svn because I had some issues with the TCP part of the eventserver which I needed for Trakt scrobbling.
Somehow I got it in my head that maraschino used the same JSON-RPC over TCP port.

I had checked regularly if the webinterface was working correctly as well, but I had failed to see that all video images came out of my browser cache.
Just after I wrote the post here I cleared my entire browser cache and noticed that the webinterface was totally broken in the latest SVN.
Reverting to the Eden final build got everything working, even Trakt scrobbling (weirdly).

It might be an idea to add the fact that maraschino does NOT work with XBMC SVN builds later than March 24, 2012 to the setup instructions.
(2012-04-15, 11:44)Kibje Wrote: Thanks for the heads up, I managed to get everthing working.

I had installed the latest XBMC svn because I had some issues with the TCP part of the eventserver which I needed for Trakt scrobbling.
Somehow I got it in my head that maraschino used the same JSON-RPC over TCP port.

I had checked regularly if the webinterface was working correctly as well, but I had failed to see that all video images came out of my browser cache.
Just after I wrote the post here I cleared my entire browser cache and noticed that the webinterface was totally broken in the latest SVN.
Reverting to the Eden final build got everything working, even Trakt scrobbling (weirdly).

It might be an idea to add the fact that maraschino does NOT work with XBMC SVN builds later than March 24, 2012 to the setup instructions.
Yea, good call. We are looking at reworking some fundimentals of how maraschino works. Once that is done there will be a huge overhaul to the documentation for Maraschino.

For the time being if you would like to use pre-frodo builds all you need to do is edit /lib/jsonrpclib/jsonrpc.py on line 120.

change
Code:
connection.putheader("Content-Type", "application/json-rpc")
to
Code:
connection.putheader("Content-Type", "application/json")

we are looking for another solution that doesnt involve modifying libraries
I've just pushed support for multiple XBMC servers to the master branch. Now you can define multiple XBMC servers in Maraschino and switch between them easily, like so:

The server settings menu is part of the menu in the top-right of the page. Hopefully it should all be fairly self-explanatory.

Come at me with me questions and bug reports, please!
I am running SAB with a username and password configured. There does not appear to be anywhere to input these in Maraschino, so the SAB module just fails to connect. Am I missing something, or is there a workaround for this?
(2012-04-15, 16:03)eldo Wrote: I am running SAB with a username and password configured. There does not appear to be anywhere to input these in Maraschino, so the SAB module just fails to connect. Am I missing something, or is there a workaround for this?

You don't need to enter your SABnzbd username and password, the API key should be enough. Bear in mind that if you are not downloading anything the SABnzbd module won't be displayed, so this could give the appearance of it failing to connect.
Do we have an estimate on how long until the notifications branch is merged?
(2012-04-15, 16:31)oneadvent Wrote: Do we have an estimate on how long until the notifications branch is merged?

Which branch is this? I don't think that it's an open pull request.
Is there any chance you could push the library update section to be at the top of the media library section? I have quite a few movies and it can take 5 minutes or so before the list is given and the update button is available.
Hello, first BIG THANKS for the work !

I wanted to ask you if it's possible that you add a button to initiate the search.
I ask that because I'm using it on my ipad and therefore there is no possibility to bring the keyboard nor the ALT key.

Thanks in advance.
Nvidia Shield Android Marshmallow - Kodi 16.0
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Logitech Harmony Elite + Keyboard
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
(2012-04-15, 16:54)Gotcha007 Wrote: Hello, first BIG THANKS for the work !

I wanted to ask you if it's possible that you add a button to initiate the search.
I ask that because I'm using it on my ipad and therefore there is no possibility to bring the keyboard nor the ALT key.

Thanks in advance.

That makes sense. I've just pushed a change; "search" is now in the top-right menu, and clicking it invokes the search menu. There is a settings icon next to it which brings up the search settings dialog. ALT-s still works.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4