• 203(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
same here like Manuel described. even with the latest version
Hi

I have been using MQ3 for a short time and hats off to all involved in it.

There is one issue which i am current having, and this is with the 'movie' section. All the movies that i browse through have the 'same' fanart image. I have tried everything that i can think of (even deleting and re-installing xbmc and Aeon), but am having no luck.

Any sugestions on how to fix this?

My system:
O/S Win 7 64bit
XBMC: Eden 11 RC2
Skin: Aeon MQ3 2.01

Regards
@sw2608, try install final version XBMC 11, download here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/xbmc-11.0.exe

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi first of all thanks for this superb skin. I have a problem though. In the home menu some of the menus are not total visible. If I go to Shutdown I can only see SH and when I go to Videos I can only see S. But the screen seems to fit in the other menus. Can someone help?
(2012-04-15, 15:19)Bjur Wrote: Hi first of all thanks for this superb skin. I have a problem though. In the home menu some of the menus are not total visible. If I go to Shutdown I can only see SH and when I go to Videos I can only see S. But the screen seems to fit in the other menus. Can someone help?

Should be fixed in latest release.
Hi Wanilton

I downloaded from the link suggested, unfortunately there was no change.

Regards ...
Can someone tell me what hardware can run this skin smooth? Is G530 adequate for this?

Powered by CM 7.2
(2012-04-15, 09:38)sw2608 Wrote: Hi

I have been using MQ3 for a short time and hats off to all involved in it.

There is one issue which i am current having, and this is with the 'movie' section. All the movies that i browse through have the 'same' fanart image. I have tried everything that i can think of (even deleting and re-installing xbmc and Aeon), but am having no luck.

Any sugestions on how to fix this?

My system:
O/S Win 7 64bit
XBMC: Eden 11 RC2
Skin: Aeon MQ3 2.01

Regards

I assume you have tried this but just in case, bring up the side menu when in Movies, scroll to the BACKDROP section, select Mode and make sure that you have "DEFAULT" selected.

Failing that can you let us know exactly what fanart you have displayed, is it the delivered Movies backdrop? Do you store fanart locally with your movies? Do you use Artwork Downloader to download fanart for your movies?

The reason for the question about Artwork Downloader is due to the fact that I used it once to try to download some fanart, however, as I keep my fanart locally with my movies what Artwork Downloader did was to duplicate the fanart from one movie in a folder across all the other movies that did not have local fanart, so this may be similar to your issue if you use it, in which case you may have to go through your thumbnails folder and delete all duplicates or do a complete re-install remembering to disable the Movie fanart option under Artwork Downloader.

One thing to remember is that if you do not run XMBC in portable mode "xbmc.exe -p" it will create folders for your data on yout C: drive under your Program Data folder and am not sure if these folders are removed when you uninstall hence seeing the same issue after a reinstall if the thumbnails etc... have not been cleaned out.

I would recommend if you do not already, running XBMC in portable mode this keeps all files under the xbmc program folder, much easier to manage.
(2012-04-15, 07:56)Tommy2012 Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 16:07)Wanilton Wrote: Manuel, I have many tests in final version xbmc eden, and too in actual xbmc frodo (version 12 alpha 1), running music in files, I have fanart in playlist, using win 7, 32 bits, replace old files is not the better way, to solve this, please verify my steps,
in music, submenu files, I run artist Adele, Album 21, go to fullscreen, press M (menu), option playlist, and i have fanart Adele, in home, fullscreen and playslit too, using file mode.

What your Operational System, what version XBMC you run, here this problem don´t exist.

Wanilton

Hi Wanilton

Thanks a lot for replying and hard work. Please see below my steps and info.

1.) If i am in Main view i get fanart as below: There is fanart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690...at736.png/

2.) If then pressed music submenu to go into music (music add-ons, music playlist etc) - There is no Fanart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844...at738.png/

3.) When i go into my music source/directory i see this-below: There is no Fanart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802...at739.png/

4.) Also when i press menu to choose fanart, this is done as in movies and shows correct directory etc and enable: There is no Fanart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/s...at739.png/

PS: If older files(1.2.4) gets used, it works 100%

I use Windows 7,final version xbmc eden as well as
Mac Mini, Lion,final version xbmc eden

Both the same problem

Rgds
Manuel

If not tried already, rename your guisettings.xml to .old then go back in to XBMC. You will have to re-do all your skin defaults but it may fix the issue. I do not use XMBC for music so cannot test it but the above may help.
Hi Chippie

Please see below
Aeon MQ4
Mac Mini & HP Microserver N40L

(2012-04-15, 07:56)Tommy2012 Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 16:07)Wanilton Wrote: Manuel, I have many tests in final version xbmc eden, and too in actual xbmc frodo (version 12 alpha 1), running music in files, I have fanart in playlist, using win 7, 32 bits, replace old files is not the better way, to solve this, please verify my steps,
in music, submenu files, I run artist Adele, Album 21, go to fullscreen, press M (menu), option playlist, and i have fanart Adele, in home, fullscreen and playslit too, using file mode.

What your Operational System, what version XBMC you run, here this problem don´t exist.

Wanilton

Hi Wanilton

Thanks a lot for replying and hard work. Please see below my steps and info.

1.) If i am in Main view i get fanart as below: There is fanart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690...at736.png/

2.) If then pressed music submenu to go into music (music add-ons, music playlist etc) - There is no Fanart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844...at738.png/

3.) When i go into my music source/directory i see this-below: There is no Fanart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802...at739.png/

4.) Also when i press menu to choose fanart, this is done as in movies and shows correct directory etc and enable: There is no Fanart

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/s...at739.png/

PS: If older files(1.2.4) gets used, it works 100%

I use Windows 7,final version xbmc eden as well as
Mac Mini, Lion,final version xbmc eden

Both the same problem

Rgds
Manuel

If not tried already, rename your guisettings.xml to .old then go back in to XBMC. You will have to re-do all your skin defaults but it may fix the issue. I do not use XMBC for music so cannot test it but the above may help.
[/quote]

Hi Chippie

Thanks for the info but tried many times. I have founded the problem already in the following files:

1.) includes.xml
2.) MyMusicSongs.xml

If I revert these two files back from the previous version it works 100%

Must be some coding or not telling the files to look in the correct directory for the fanart. Anyway Marcos aware of the problem and thanks again Big Grin

Rgds
Manuel
Aeon MQ4
Mac Mini & HP Microserver N40L

(2012-04-14, 13:35)MarcosQui Wrote: Aeon MQ 3 revision 2.0.1 available - 04/14/2012

CHANGELOG 2.0.1

Fixed: Lost Main Menu Fixed List option after update 2.0.0
Fixed: Incorrect cases for bdmv folder structure. (issue 138)
Fixed: German Rating Logos. (issue 178)
Fixed: Fanart not showing in music playing. (issue 180)

Many thanks for your fabulous skin I will try this update this evening.
Kodi and MQ8 - The Ultimate way to experience all your media.
(2012-04-06, 04:01)gibxxi Wrote: @Alethenorio: Check your scaper settings. If it's set to "prefer posters" you may find that setting any banner modes in the skin may cause this. I've had similar issues myself, although not in the screen you posted a screenshot of admittedly. I think the skin will use the same art file for both banner and poster modes, but whether prefer posters is set in your scraper dictats which type is downloaded when art is downloaded. If you DO have banners already, then disregard this post.

Could you elaborate on that please? I have my TV Shows addon (thetvdb) set to "Prefer Posts" and also "Enable fanart" just like I had on Dharma.

It is showing banner sized posters. If I set prefer posts to off then it shows nice banners for each show but I'd really prefer the posters myself. It seems to be getting banner settings but using poster pictures.

Maybe MarcosQui might be able to help?

Edit: To add a little bit more information, I noticed that Views.xml checks for the "Prefer Posters" skin settings only. Is it possible that tv posters is only shown when skin "tv poster" settings (which also uses posters.jpg and not what I want) is set to on? That would mean there's no middle term, yet, either banner sized posters or have to use posters.jpg.

Hello everybody ! Sorry for my English, I'm French :/

I've got a problem related to Aeon mq3 and not xbmc in general:

I'm trying to have one fanart per season in a series, so after exporting my video library, I do the following:

Breaking Bad/ fanart.jpg (fanart for the series)
................./ Season 1/ fanart.jpg (fanart for season 1)
................./ Season 2/ fanart.jpg (fanart for season 2)
................./... etc

And this seems to work sometimes but sometimes they appear as full black pictures, and if i decide to chage them, they won't update in xbmc and will stay the same as the first...

I've tried of course cleaning library, updating the series, deleting/rescanning it, but no change...

Something weird is in file mode (no library) I can see the good fanarts for seasons... but there is no "poster" picture...

I do'nt understand at all and that's annoying... if someone have advice or solution... thank you so much Smile
(2012-04-16, 22:25)Libeluratio Wrote: Hello everybody ! Sorry for my English, I'm French :/

I've got a problem related to Aeon mq3 and not xbmc in general:

I'm trying to have one fanart per season in a series, so after exporting my video library, I do the following:

Breaking Bad/ fanart.jpg (fanart for the series)
................./ Season 1/ fanart.jpg (fanart for season 1)
................./ Season 2/ fanart.jpg (fanart for season 2)
................./... etc

And this seems to work sometimes but sometimes they appear as full black pictures, and if i decide to chage them, they won't update in xbmc and will stay the same as the first...

I've tried of course cleaning library, updating the series, deleting/rescanning it, but no change...

Something weird is in file mode (no library) I can see the good fanarts for seasons... but there is no "poster" picture...

I do'nt understand at all and that's annoying... if someone have advice or solution... thank you so much Smile

Not sure why some of the fanart shows correctly yet others do not. It may be down to the series and images being scraped then the fanart updated and for some reason it does not overwrite the cached images under the thumbnails folder. First off if your library is relatively small and it is not too much effort I would do a fresh install of XMBC cleaning out everything under the Program Data folder (Windows 7) if you do not run in portable mode, especially the thumbnails and database folders, just to make sure nothing is left behind. As I say in every other post if you do not run in portable mode I would highly recommend it as it makes XBMC much easier to manage by keeping all related files under the XBMC folder and makes solving issues like this so much easier.

For the File mode issue, I am not sure what it uses but make sure you have both poster.jpg and folder.jpg in with the show and see if that solves the issue. I am not sure which one file mode uses as I have both in my folders. Under Settings>Skin>ART do you have "Use Poster.jpg for TV Series selected?
(2012-04-11, 11:33)chippie Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 22:27)colbert Wrote: I can't get fanart to work for the Movies/TV/Music of the main menu, I have the options checked in the Skin Settings and have built the database and all:

All three sections are just black backgrounds: http://i.imgur.com/G7qjP.png http://i.imgur.com/QG43Z.png http://i.imgur.com/iJNI7.png

Appreciate any help Smile

I know this has been discussed after your post but just going to chip in here, I find that the using the the Library Fanarts for Movie Items and TV Shows apart from not refreshing correctly also causes bad stuttering when moving between Main Menu Items. What I would recommend is to manaully create folders somewhere, for Example \Fanart\Movies and \Fanart\TVShows and then copying your specific fanart to these folders. Then under Settings>Skin>Shortcuts/Backdrops assign this folder to the BackDrops Multiple Images option of each Main Menu or SubMenu option you want.

Doing it this way eliminates the stuttering and also gives you complete control of what fanart is displayed against the Menu Items. You could also write a quick batch file to copy the fanart to the specific folders if you wish. If you create the folder outside of the XBMC install folder you then just have to set the path for each build/install of XBMC you have. I actually keep my on mine on my NAS and only copy over good quality fanart.

Finally, if you are not doing so already then I would recommend using MediaCompanion or Ember to download and keep all your fanart and Posters locally with your collections, this, despite having to use another program to manage your movies and TV Shows really makes life easier.

(2012-04-11, 11:44)Aemstel Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 11:33)chippie Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 22:27)colbert Wrote: I can't get fanart to work for the Movies/TV/Music of the main menu, I have the options checked in the Skin Settings and have built the database and all:

All three sections are just black backgrounds: http://i.imgur.com/G7qjP.png http://i.imgur.com/QG43Z.png http://i.imgur.com/iJNI7.png

Appreciate any help Smile

I know this has been discussed after your post but just going to chip in here, I find that the using the the Library Fanarts for Movie Items and TV Shows apart from not refreshing correctly also causes bad stuttering when moving between Main Menu Items. What I would recommend is to manaully create folders somewhere, for Example \Fanart\Movies and \Fanart\TVShows and then copying your specific fanart to these folders. Then under Settings>Skin>Shortcuts/Backdrops assign this folder to the BackDrops Multiple Images option of each Main Menu or SubMenu option you want.

Doing it this way eliminates the stuttering and also gives you complete control of what fanart is displayed against the Menu Items. You could also write a quick batch file to copy the fanart to the specific folders if you wish. If you create the folder outside of the XBMC install folder you then just have to set the path for each build/install of XBMC you have. I actually keep my on mine on my NAS and only copy over good quality fanart.

Finally, if you are not doing so already then I would recommend using MediaCompanion or Ember to download and keep all your fanart and Posters locally with your collections, this, despite having to use another program to manage your movies and TV Shows really makes life easier.

Man, why didn't I think of that! Great tip, thanks Smile

Also, you can still use Artwork Organizer with this:

- Turn OFF all of the "use library fanarts for.." options in Skin/Main Menu settings.
- Set a path in the Artwork Organizer addon options (and choose which items you want copied of course).
- Now go back to Skin/Main Menu settings and flick on one of the "use library fanarts for.." options. It should start copying all fanart to the specified folder (if not, do it manually by clicking on "fanart collection - use to update database").
- After it's done copying, turn OFF the "use library fanarts for.." option again.
- Now go to your "Skin/ShortcutsBackdrops" settings and select multiple image and choose the folders from the Artwork Organizer folders.
- After that, everytime you want to update the fanarts, you can simply flick on one of the "use library fanarts for.." options, wait for it to copy the files, and flick it off again.

This way there's no need for a batch-job. But you have to do the flick on/off manually when you want to update.

(PS. Of course, for this to work, you do need to have the actual artwork downloaded to your individual media folders with Artwork Downloader addon or a program like Ember, as Chippie suggested.)

Awesome! I made a separate folder and followed Aemstel's steps, it works perfectly! Thanks to both of you Smile
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 322