Win Advice on A6-3500 build please- NOW BUILT! and Usage update...
Having used this build for a couple of months now, I thought it was time to update :-

I decided to change the case for something more fitting with my other AV Equipment, but still keeping costs down.

The Novatech Vison Case fitted the bill nicely, and I have to say I am very pleased with it.

The HTPC has been getting a lot of regular use, and everything is working well and I am satisfied that I achieved everything I set out too.

A little video of it in action :-

Again thanks to all that help out on this forum, for all the advice and info - watching a decent movie on a 120" screen with HD Audio is now VERY satisfying Big Grin

Hi guys, looking for some reassurance I guess on the following build I am looking to order very soon.

Asrock A75M A75 Socket FM1 £50.96

AMD Llano A6 A3500 £56.26

Kingston 4GB DDR3 1666MHz HyperX Plug n Play £25.59

Slim Tower Case with 400W Power Supply. £29.99

Total - £162.80 (I added an existing 1TB HDD to this).
Might want to put a fan in there, especially if you plan on putting those hard drives in there.

Not sure about your case, as the link isn't working for me.
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
A relevant question, OS?
CoreELEC 19.3
LG OLED CX 65 - Yamaha RX-V775 . Dali Opticon 6.
(2012-04-14, 22:18)maddog808 Wrote: Might want to put a fan in there, especially if you plan on putting those hard drives in there.

Not sure about your case, as the link isn't working for me.

Fixed now - it is a cheapo case. but will be stored away from view so not an issue, and yes I will ensure cooling is adequate.

(2012-04-14, 22:32)morfeus Wrote: A relevant question, OS?

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

Just wanted to be sure that it was windows Smile
Congrats on the new house Smile
CoreELEC 19.3
Thank you morfeus - is our first house after renting for years and getting married last year.

Lots of work has been done on it to get it up to date, and a new HTPC is one of my presents to myself! (having already treated myself to a projector too :Big Grin)
You did your homework well....everything is perfect!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thank you too bluray - most of it has been from following your's and Eskro's advice!

I also just happen to have the Onkyo HTX22HD 5.1 system (the older version of the one you recommend) and so will be looking at your excellent HD Audio guide soon too.
(2012-04-14, 23:39)adeingolf Wrote: Thank you too bluray - most of it has been from following your's and Eskro's advice!

I also just happen to have the Onkyo HTX22HD 5.1 system (the older version of the one you recommend) and so will be looking at your excellent HD Audio guide soon too.
I don't have Onkyo HTX-22HDX, but I installed one at a friend house a while ago. It is excellent size and sound for master bedroom, and I'm planning to buy one for my new home at the end of the year. I enjoy Onkyo AVR, and I own a network Onkyo HT-RC270. It's not the most powerful system, but it works great with HTPC.

When you are ready to setup XBMC for bitstreaming HD audio, you can visit this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-14, 23:18)adeingolf Wrote: Thank you morfeus - is our first house after renting for years and getting married last year.

Lots of work has been done on it to get it up to date, and a new HTPC is one of my presents to myself! (having already treated myself to a projector too :Big Grin)

Can relate sooo much Smile It's expensive to start up, buying a house, and wedding Smile
Lovely and rememberable wedding vs i7, watercooled, 500 GB SSD etc
It's a choise of which "noise" you can live with...wife or the HTPC Wink
You made a wise choise, if I may say so Smile
CoreELEC 19.3
Everything looks great! Good stuff! congrats on the house... we should all come over for a bbq! I'll bring the beer.... lol
at least 32 Beers Tongue
(2012-04-15, 11:49)eskro Wrote: at least 32 Beers Tongue

I hope you mean 32 a person Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm very lucky in that my wife is very good and let's me have my toys!! she paid for, and took me to the Gadget Show Live yesterday, and let's me get on with Xbox and PC sim racing when I "need my own time".

If anyone is over Luton way, bank holiday weekend in May, you are more than welcome to come to house warming BBQ - hoping to have music piped into garden and 120' screen for xbox/tv ready fir then!!
man,, your far from CANADA Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on A6-3500 build please- NOW BUILT! and Usage update...0