• 28(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
Just want to say that I really like the direction of 3.0 and think the changes are great so far. Big fan of the new episode view, glow mode, and the new home screen widgets. I also like the ability to remove the rear panel on some the views too - I personally like panel-less for most of the views and the option is great to have. The coordination between Phil and BN seems to be working out quite nicely.

Keep up the great work!
Is there a way to disable tvtunes in the skin? Can't seem to find it.
disable the addon. no need for a seperate skin setting.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-15, 22:02)noner Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 20:45)phil65 Wrote: some opinions/ideas about glow mode for home would be nice. i think it fits better to the rest of the skin when using colors especially.
lot of fanart is hidden by the new panels , so i think it´s ok to darken the background. sets the viewer´s focus more to the widgets.

Agree 100%. Home really needs to highlight new/featured content, some form of fanart on home is sufficient. New glow mode really makes the menu options and widgets pop out which is what the focus on the home screen should be.

And I personally like it a lot better now that the background is dimmed. The fact that the animated backgrounds on home were giving me vertigo and they are now dimmer also helps lol

Where fanart is important is on the actual tv/movie views. Which has always been one of my qualms about poster focused viewtypes as they really cover up major parts of the fanart
Also, its all about choices right? If someone wants the fanart highlighted on home, then they have the option to stick with the smaller widgets and not activate the glow mode

I agree with this. I find the glow mode to be a very nice subtle touch to a very impressive looking home screen. It does bring attention to the panels and widgets that some people might miss. With Glow mode and the alternate RSS feed it really does look gorgeous. And very easy to read. Just the right amount of glow too. It's not overwhelming everything. The dim to the fanart is perfect for the whole effect as well. And as Noner said, those that want more fanart are very much welcome to turn it all off to their liking.

I've always enjoyed the glow of the original Aeon65 and when Nox came around to putting a theme for for "Neon65" I used it there too. So I'm thrilled it's come over and been expanded upon. Great job not making it blaring and keeping a subtle touch through the skin.
Quick question - in general, what is the time lag between what's on Passion Repo for v3.0 vs. doing a direct pull from git? I'm currently using Passion Repo and it seems to be at least one day, and potentially 2-3.
(2012-04-16, 04:40)deh2k7 Wrote: Quick question - in general, what is the time lag between what's on Passion Repo for v3.0 vs. doing a direct pull from git? I'm currently using Passion Repo and it seems to be at least one day, and potentially 2-3.

Thats what I have noticed with the Passion repo too.. updates once a day while I was using it.

Git commits to the branch as I am sure you know are available to be pulled right away
You'd have to ask the Passion repo guys. They control when they do their updates. For badwidth reasons, it's probably done once a day (it's basically a bot that scans for changes in different svn and git repos). If you want to have it updated sooner, you'll have to use git.
Thanks for the info guys - was merely curious about the lag time - was noticing discussion of features or changes that I had yet to see from the Passion Repo. I can wait a day or two to see them - plus, I have the added benefit of fewer bugs most of the time. Between the rapid adopters and Phils ridiculously fast response times on changes/fixes, most of what I get is already working great!

A couple Nox 3.0 relevant questions about direction/future:

1. Interested in playing around with Advanced Launcher (never used before) and have noticed some skins with native support for it. Do I need to do anything special to get it to work with Nox? Any plans for a more 'native' support in 3.x? Based on what I see with all of the menu/favorites customizations, it looks like 'native' support may be unnecessary.

2. With the slow death of Weather+ addon, looks like Ronie has been updating Weather Underground to provide all of the same data that Weather+ did. Any plans on porting the views and data displayed when using Weather+ to the views when using Weather Underground? I also noticed that when using Weather+ in Nox 3.0 the PDA-style weather widget is partially 'broken' in that it does not display any of the weather icons in the widget, while still displaying temp/condition

3. I have been using the Glow effect/and color labels - liking the overall effects greatly. It looks great pretty much everywhere. I do notice that it also colors the text when using the PDA-style weather widget on the Home screen, actually just noticed that it affects all of the featured widgets for music/movies/TV as well. Any way to prevent the widgets from inheriting the color labels that are using in the various views?
(2012-04-16, 06:56)deh2k7 Wrote: Thanks for the info guys - was merely curious about the lag time - was noticing discussion of features or changes that I had yet to see from the Passion Repo. I can wait a day or two to see them - plus, I have the added benefit of fewer bugs most of the time. Between the rapid adopters and Phils ridiculously fast response times on changes/fixes, most of what I get is already working great!

A couple Nox 3.0 relevant questions about direction/future:

1. Interested in playing around with Advanced Launcher (never used before) and have noticed some skins with native support for it. Do I need to do anything special to get it to work with Nox? Any plans for a more 'native' support in 3.x? Based on what I see with all of the menu/favorites customizations, it looks like 'native' support may be unnecessary.

2. With the slow death of Weather+ addon, looks like Ronie has been updating Weather Underground to provide all of the same data that Weather+ did. Any plans on porting the views and data displayed when using Weather+ to the views when using Weather Underground? I also noticed that when using Weather+ in Nox 3.0 the PDA-style weather widget is partially 'broken' in that it does not display any of the weather icons in the widget, while still displaying temp/condition

3. I have been using the Glow effect/and color labels - liking the overall effects greatly. It looks great pretty much everywhere. I do notice that it also colors the text when using the PDA-style weather widget on the Home screen, actually just noticed that it affects all of the featured widgets for music/movies/TV as well. Any way to prevent the widgets from inheriting the color labels that are using in the various views?

1) will look at it when i find some time. could be tricky because you have to choose the viewtypes based on the console (square/dvd size covers)
2) if someone could explain the weather addon situation to me (which are usable/maintained? which infolabels?) i might think about it. do not really use that feature, that´s why i´m not too motivated to change anything there.
3) some coloring will change and return to white. not too sure about a seperate option, i do not want to end with a long list of color options. depends also a bit on how much users actually will use this.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-04-15, 20:58)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 11:53)RavenNL Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 13:08)RavenNL Wrote: I noticed that the option 'hide while scrolling' option is missing in the view BannerPlex. Are there any plans of bringing that function back? Personally I liked that option very much when the info box comes down.

Anyone?

fixed just now

Awesome, thanks
(2012-04-16, 07:09)phil65 Wrote: 1) will look at it when i find some time. could be tricky because you have to choose the viewtypes based on the console (square/dvd size covers)
2) if someone could explain the weather addon situation to me (which are usable/maintained? which infolabels?) i might think about it. do not really use that feature, that´s why i´m not too motivated to change anything there.
3) some coloring will change and return to white. not too sure about a seperate option, i do not want to end with a long list of color options. depends also a bit on how much users actually will use this.

1. Please do not make this a priority on my behalf - was curious about your plans only right now. I haven't even started using Advanced Launcher yet. I'd rather see you focus on core skin functionality first and when you get to a place where you're happy, then perhaps look at this.

2. Weather Underground is actively maintained by Ronie, part of the XBMC team. Here's a link to relevant info where he has extended WU to include additional information: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1054390 . Confluence appears to have been updated to take advantage of the changes.

Here is a link to his latest version: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1076331

In the readme file, it looks like the labels are all listed.

3. Good to know. My recommendation would be to leave the Widget text as the default white (like with the Library Counts labels and the Date) and not be affected by the Glow settings. No extra setting needed.
exchanged weather plus support with weather.wunderground support for now. not perfect yet, but works in general. that weather addon will be default for all users in some time, right?
also uncoloured some labels.
@deh2k7: Regarding the icons when using Weather+. When Tree_Jammer created new default weather icons, I think JezzX or someone on TeamXBMC changed the deault pathing for them. Weather+ hasn't been updated so it's not aware where the new icons are. You have to edit the addon yourself, or do as most of us are doing and move on to Underground.

@Phil, Underground looks to be the new default. And like deh2k7 said, Ronie has been working on bringing a lot of the functionality of Weather+ to it. Apparently there aren't too many changes in infolabels if I remember correctly. Been a bit since I last looked at the thread. Thanks for switching it over.

(2012-04-14, 19:56)blondin000 Wrote: hello when one chosen addon panel widjet, they can choose five addon to show but then one cannot change them any more thanks.

and thanks for the great job.

this has also been covered before.. the skin is work in progress, and the remove part is not done yet...
(2012-04-16, 08:50)Rygrath Wrote: @deh2k7: Regarding the icons when using Weather+. When Tree_Jammer created new default weather icons, I think JezzX or someone on TeamXBMC changed the deault pathing for them. Weather+ hasn't been updated so it's not aware where the new icons are. You have to edit the addon yourself, or do as most of us are doing and move on to Underground.

@Phil, Underground looks to be the new default. And like deh2k7 said, Ronie has been working on bringing a lot of the functionality of Weather+ to it. Apparently there aren't too many changes in infolabels if I remember correctly. Been a bit since I last looked at the thread. Thanks for switching it over.

Wunderground is an official sponsor of XBMC and such also the default weather add-on shipped with XBMC since Eden
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07