• 56(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
(2012-03-20, 19:20)loki131 Wrote: Well first off only "some" content in netflix is in 5.1 and I think there is something in your silverlight settings for that.

As for the fullscreen issue, I'm not sure how everyone deals with it but personally I use AutoHotkey. I had issues finding a way to tell silverlight running in IE to go to fulscreen so I created a work around with AHK. When IE is launched the "f" key will be hit repeatedly until silverlight goes into fulscreen (IE is no longer in focus). This actually works really well as long as you NEVER use IE for anything else Smile

IfWinActive ahk_class IEFrame
{
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
WinWaitNotActive ahk_class IEFrame
}
}

I am a huge newb when it comes to scripts for autoHotkey.... How do I set this up and where do I put the script for xbmcflicks to launch IE with netflix in fullscreen mode?
I'd also like a step by step to use AutoHotKey to get fullscreen.
I've been messing with it for a while but to no joy.
Very Flaky! I still keep getting:

"No Internet Connection"!! The only thing that was done was my wife opening Firefox to watch netflix but I use IE with XBMCFlicks and I erased all history and all temporary files and still won't play with xbmcflicks! What do I need to change so it will always work and stop being flaky and saying No internet connection?

Update:

I got it working great by getting rid of Netflix from the Favorites bar in IE. Also I had it as the Home Page and both of those stopped and I get it working every time now!

Thanks.
Cant seem to get this to show in repository?

Will the manual link a few pages back work on Apple TV2?
Nope the suggested link wont work for Apple TV2
(2012-04-08, 17:48)m7cky Wrote: I'd also like a step by step to use AutoHotKey to get fullscreen.

Just follow the instructions for creating a script at the autohotkey site but at step 6 put this in the script:

Code:
F11::
Click 580, 617
MouseMove, 0, 617

This will result in key F11 effecting a mouse click at the screen coordinates 580, 617 and then moving the mouse off the screen. If you then map key F11 to a button on your remote, pushing that button after launching a show in XBMCFlicks will give focus to the browser window playing your show and then your other remote commands should then work.
I have a question about a dual monitor setup I have. My primary monitor is my smaller one so I can continue to operate my computer normally while running XBMC, however whenever I attempt to begin a netflix stream using this addon, it always initializes the stream on my smaller primary monitor instead of the large HDTV that XBMC is running on. Is there any setting I can adjust to fix this issue?

EDIT: I solved my own problem. I made sure to drag Internet explorer to my large screen and to maximize it before closing it out. Sure enough the next time I attempted to load Netflix through XBMC it worked flawlessly.
(2012-04-14, 21:09)xbmcsnapper Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 17:48)m7cky Wrote: I'd also like a step by step to use AutoHotKey to get fullscreen.

Just follow the instructions for creating a script at the autohotkey site but at step 6 put this in the script:

Code:
F11::
Click 580, 617
MouseMove, 0, 617

This will result in key F11 effecting a mouse click at the screen coordinates 580, 617 and then moving the mouse off the screen. If you then map key F11 to a button on your remote, pushing that button after launching a show in XBMCFlicks will give focus to the browser window playing your show and then your other remote commands should then work.

Thank you!

So I don't have to look back through 80some pages of this thread... Why is there no proper plugin for Netflix? It's on my Wii, it's on my phone, it's on my toaster...
(2012-04-15, 17:13)tinfox Wrote: So I don't have to look back through 80some pages of this thread... Why is there no proper plugin for Netflix? It's on my Wii, it's on my phone, it's on my toaster...

How much did you pay for your phone, your wii, or your toaster? Last time I checked XBMC was free, and the people who develop and support it are under no consumer obligation to you.

You could have phrased your question in a much more productive way and asked for help instead of taking some sort of entitled tone.
As you chose not to, I think you can look back through the last 4 or 5 pages of this thread to get the answer you need.

.peace out.
I mean proper, as in why has Netflix NOT provided the tools necessary like they do/did for everything else. I should have phrased that differently.

(2012-04-16, 16:36)bengalih Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 17:13)tinfox Wrote: So I don't have to look back through 80some pages of this thread... Why is there no proper plugin for Netflix? It's on my Wii, it's on my phone, it's on my toaster...

How much did you pay for your phone, your wii, or your toaster? Last time I checked XBMC was free, and the people who develop and support it are under no consumer obligation to you.

You could have phrased your question in a much more productive way and asked for help instead of taking some sort of entitled tone.
As you chose not to, I think you can look back through the last 4 or 5 pages of this thread to get the answer you need.

(2012-04-16, 16:45)tinfox Wrote: I mean proper, as in why has Netflix NOT provided the tools necessary like they do/did for everything else. I should have phrased that differently.

Well, in the end the answer has much the same to do with my original response....Netflix has nothing to gain from it, and in the end, since XBMC is a free product - they have nothing to gain by spending the $$.

There was a good thread I found somewhere on this (can't locate it now though) - but it all boils down to DRM and Netflix's requirements to keep their stream's encrypted. I believe that one must have proprietary APIs to access these securely.

In the case of the Wii and your Phone, Netflix writes those apps/channels, they obviously see those as big markets to bring in/keep customers. One can hardly argue that there are exponentially more users who are using Netflix on phones, Wiis, etc, than who will ever use it on XBMC. 3rd party developers like Roku have undoubtedly either paid considerable amounts to license the tools, or have struck some other deal with Netflix (royalties perhaps) to have access to a player integrated into their hardware).

It is unlikely we will see in the near future anything better on the PC then a browser based netflix (even WMC even though it has a proprietary browsing system for netflix uses nothing more than a glorified silverlight/IE wrapper to watch...and WMC has many issues with Netflix including connection issues and total lockups on episode finish).

I think at this point the best we can hope for is an updated Silverlight based plugin that supports the DDS 5.1 streams for PC users and perhaps better hotkey support.

The latter I hope to rectify to some degree later today with a new add-on helper I've developed...
.peace out.
I was able to install XBMC flicks from the zip file, but it has never launched the browser to verify and link to my account. I had previously installed it on XBMC from the official repo on another machine and it launched the verification process, but I set up XBMC on a new computer build a week ago, had to use the zip file and no luck getting it to link to/verify my account.

Any thoughts?
For those of you looking for a way to more fully automate your Netflix experience while using XBMCFlix, please check out my new helper application XBMCFlix-o-mate.

It allows the use of hotkeys to control all the common Netflix viewing options (Full Screen, Next/Previous Episode, Subtitles, etc.) and can provide the bridge to fully control Netflix via XBMC with your remote control.

You can find it here.
.peace out.
I have also made some small fixes and modifications to the XBMCFlix to better suit my viewing habits. I have PMed these to Fekker a week back, but he seems to be MIA for a while, so I thought I would share these with the community as others may have some benefit from them.

Admittetly, my changes may not be the most graceful from a code perspective, but my goal was to modify as little of the original code as possible and simply either add one or two lines or make minor modifications to very small sections of code. I did not want to rewrite any entire routines.

The main "FIX" that my modification deals with is that I discovered that show episodes that have an apostrophe in the name (e.g. "How It's Made") get truncated to a "\" at the point of the apostrophe (e.g. "How It\"). In fixing that I discovered some issues where shows that are not in your Instant Queue may not properly display covers when looking in your rental history).

The other "MOD" that I made is that I am a big user of Rental History. I like how the Netflix site allows you to go to your Recently Watched and see them listed in chronological order. So, what I did was simply move the "Watched" menu from underneath "Rental History" to be inside the main "Instant" menu and call it "Recently Watched". I also launch the "Instant" menu at startup so that everything you need is on the initial menu. This does have the side effect of removing the "Disc by Mail" menu...so if you use XBMCFlix to view your Disc Queue, you may not want this option. Personally, I use the Webpage to manage my queue, so I don't miss this feature at all.

My modification also retrieves only the last 100 (instead of 500) shows in the Rental History. This is mostly for speed as it becomes almost instantaneous instead of having to wait ~3 seconds. Finally, my default search listing of the Recently Watched items is chronological just like on Netflix. This allows you to scroll through your most recently watched items first.

You can see a comparison of the original with my mod here

I needed to modify two files for these changes. These files will be in the /lib subdirectory of the add on:
(e.g. C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-1d81b3a\resources\lib)

The two files are iqueue.py and menu.py. You can simply backup and replace the original files with my modifications and then restart the plugin.

The download below has just the two files necessary. You can do a text search within the files for "bengalih" and you will find the lines of code that I changed.

Please note that these modifications are to the latest available plugin code. That plugin is referenced here and I believe what everyone on Eden should now be using. You can probably easily adapt my code to other versions if necessary.

I take no credit for XBMCFlix code - just for these few, minor tweaks. Hopefully when Fekker gets back he can incorporate at least the Title fix, and perhaps add some code to incorporate these other mods as options.

Download REMOVED (see below)

UPDATE:

(4/16/2012)
The fix for the apostrophe's mentioned above may have only affected titles in the rental history and not the Instant queue. Playing around with it more I noticed that my modification may have altered the view of the title in the Instant queue depending on how your view was set. I have made another modification that should resolve those. There still appear to be some issues with parsing out properly various bits of data (in the original script). These are more apparent when looking at synopsis views...things like the Director, Writer, Run-time of a movie don't always seem to be properly displayed. I have a feeling that not a lot of QA was done with the Rental History section (probably because it wasn't considered as important as Instant Queue). I'm fairly confident that this latest mod only enhances the original and, although it does not fix all the display issues, I don't believe it causes any additional problems.

Download HERE

UPDATE:

(5/5/2012)

The above fixes for the queue issues have been incorporated into the latest version release by Fekker near the beginning of may (check posts in this thread near 5/5/12 for info). If you would still like your menu to show with the recently watched at the same level, you only need to replace your menu.py with the one from my mod. In other words, if you have the latest zip of XBMCFlicks, you should not need the iqueue.py file at all, and only use the meny.py if you would like the menu to be re-arranged as shown in the video.
.peace out.
To anyone who has posted regarding XBMC 11 not having XBMC Flicks in the repository, I was looking for the same answer and since no one has bothered answering that for you, I will do so myself. The reason you can't find XMBC Flicks in the XBMC 11 repository is because it doesn't exist in the XBMC repository. My best guess is that it needs to be updated for XBMC 11 since I did try to manually install bengalih's modification and it told me the file structure was bad so either bengalih made a mistake, or as I suspect, XBMC 11 is not backward compatible with XBMC 10 addons ( or at least not with all of them ). Your only 2 options as far as I can tell are to uninstall XBMC 11 and find a copy of XBMC 10 or wait.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16