• 189(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Are the numbers from 2-9 supposed to work with PsuedoTV? Only 1 and 0 work/show up for me
(2012-04-16, 15:14)sonic00 Wrote: I guys,

I just found out about PseudoTV and so far it looks really great. But I have one question. Is it possible to setting up a series/movie to a specific time - like "show The Big Bang Theory at 8pm and Two and Half Man at 9pm every day"?

Hi Sonic00 - Yes this is possible using the channel rules.
Here is a quick idea on how to do it:
1. Create a Channel based on TV Show - Set the show as The Big Bang Theory
2. Add a channel rule - Do not play this channel
3. No create another channel (lets say a network channel for the purpose of this example) set the network as CBS
4. Add a channel rule to your CBS channel - Best Effort Scheduling
5. Using the parameters in Best Effort scheduling it should be pretty clear what info you need to add in order to achieve what you want.

Hope this helps.
(2012-04-16, 21:07)grope Wrote: Are the numbers from 2-9 supposed to work with PsuedoTV? Only 1 and 0 work/show up for me

Hi Grope - You haven't given us a lot to go on here. Are you using channels you made yourself or are you using the channels that were already set up when you installed PsuedoTV?
If you are using the channels that were already set up when you installed PsuedoTV, its likely you don't have videos in your library that fir the bill for those channels, or your metadata on your library is incomplete.
Try have a go at creating your own channels; Directory based, Network based, Playlist based, Genre based etc. and perhaps it will start to populate as you're expecting.
Hi I've fixed that numberpad issue I had, was a keyboard.xml issue

Also, is there a way to make a hidden channel that doesn't show up on the chan listings but accessible through pressing the chan numbers
(2012-04-16, 23:32)grope Wrote: Hi I've fixed that numberpad issue I had, was a keyboard.xml issue

Also, is there a way to make a hidden channel that doesn't show up on the chan listings but accessible through pressing the chan numbers

I don't think so. If you make it so that it does not show up, it will not be displayed, hence, no channel number to go to.

Mark
Hi Jason102, I've updated the Metropolis skin, the main reason was I forgot the scrollbar in channel configBlush + I adjusted the top info bar in the script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml.

skin.metropolis
I have just installed PseudoTV and am following the Milkman's very useful guide. One thing i was wondering was if i wanted to create network channels but to have each series start from the first episode or a particular season, is there a way to do this?
Hi
just found this add-on today and cannot stop playing with it.
i have a question: in addition to tv-shows that are separated into directories and updated with information, i have also a lot of directories that i would like to have them as channels. either as one directory or to randomize all the avi files in the sub direcories.

that way i can have a channel only with stuff i download or record for my son without the need of an epg.

thanks
(2012-04-17, 22:23)EZ1976 Wrote: Hi
just found this add-on today and cannot stop playing with it.
i have a question: in addition to tv-shows that are separated into directories and updated with information, i have also a lot of directories that i would like to have them as channels. either as one directory or to randomize all the avi files in the sub direcories.

that way i can have a channel only with stuff i download or record for my son without the need of an epg.

thanks

You can create a channel that bases its content on a directory. Its an option when you are creating a channel.
first of all thanks for replying so fast.
second of all, can i have a directory and sub directories? or only one directory at a time?
thanks
hi
when i go into a channel (lets say channel 17)
and select Custom playlist
than i go into playlist and select the folder i want to use (i see all the folders i have)
but when i enter the folder, i dont see all the movies but just an empty folder (this is the same to folders with legit tv series and those with just avi files in them).

how can i select the folder (i tried highlighting only the folder and select "ok" but it is greyed out)
thanks
(2012-04-17, 22:40)EZ1976 Wrote: first of all thanks for replying so fast.
second of all, can i have a directory and sub directories? or only one directory at a time?
thanks
hi
when i go into a channel (lets say channel 17)
and select Custom playlist
than i go into playlist and select the folder i want to use (i see all the folders i have)
but when i enter the folder, i dont see all the movies but just an empty folder (this is the same to folders with legit tv series and those with just avi files in them).

how can i select the folder (i tried highlighting only the folder and select "ok" but it is greyed out)
thanks

Im not sure about sub directories.

If you select 'Playlist' its going to look for a playlist that you have created (you can make them with the tool located in your video submenu). You need to select 'Directory' when creating a channel to select a directory.
sorry but i dont have "directory" under channel options.
i have tv, movies, movie studio and etc
but no directory
i am using Openelec if that changes anything (and the transperety theme)
(2012-04-17, 23:31)EZ1976 Wrote: sorry but i dont have "directory" under channel options.
but no directory

You are correct. I am also using Openelec....I use the Metropolis theme. I switched to Transparency and checked. It does not contain the prompt for Directory. Try switching to Confluence and setting up your channels. then switch back to Transparency once your finished.
Any one get PTV to work on Xbox?
(2012-04-18, 00:12)boccman Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 23:31)EZ1976 Wrote: sorry but i dont have "directory" under channel options.
but no directory

You are correct. I am also using Openelec....I use the Metropolis theme. I switched to Transparency and checked. It does not contain the prompt for Directory. Try switching to Confluence and setting up your channels. then switch back to Transparency once your finished.

hey, i tried it and yes now i have the "directory" option.
but the problem is now that i select the directory and press OK nothing happens. i tried even adding advance rules but i cannot press on the OK.
i can press on cancel and go back but cannot confirm it.

Hi, how do I turn off subtitles in psuedotv?
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25