Win Does the movie database scraper (themoviedb.org) use localized release information?
Question 
Hi;

Does the movie database scraper use localized release information?

I added the movie "Taken" into my xbmc database and I let the tmdb addon scrape for the german metadatas. It worked just fine, except the release year and the rated information. Here I got the release year 2008 and it was rated as PG-13 (That are the english information), the german release year would be 2009 and it should be rated 16.
The Information are there but it seems, that the scraper doesn't get it right or it uses the US fall-back information.

http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/8681/r...anguage=de
(2012-04-18, 00:14)MeC!as Wrote: Hi;

Does the movie database scraper use localized release information?

No, currently not.
That's a pity and tanks for the information.
Would be nice if you could implement it in one of the next versions.
Thanks in advance.
Added to TMDb scraper v3.2.0
Thanks a lot, that was fast. Smile

Two explanatory notes.
Is it possible to make the year localized as well, or does it not make sense to do it?
The certification is now working fine, except that I think there is 1 word (Rating) too much.
In english you will find there > MPAA Rating: Rated PG-13
or in German > FSK: Rated 16
I think the word Rated in front of the certification itself is not necessary. Also with the
german surface it doesn't look right. It is an english word and FSK stands more or less for the german
word Rated. My suggestion is to leave the word Rated just away, if it is possible.

Thanks for the great work
(2012-04-19, 00:14)MeC!as Wrote: Is it possible to make the year localized as well, or does it not make sense to do it?

No, it doesn't make sense as XBMC is to display the year when the movie was filmed and not the year the movie was released in a certain country.

(2012-04-19, 00:14)MeC!as Wrote: The certification is now working fine, except that I think there is 1 word (Rating) too much.

This is needed for the default official skin (Confluence) to display Certification images (well, this only works for US certifications).
Quote:No, it doesn't make sense as XBMC is to display the year when the movie was filmed and not the year the movie was released in a certain country.

That is plausible. Thanks.

Quote:This is needed for the default official skin (Confluence) to display Certification images (well, this only works for US certifications).

Ok, understand. Would be nice without but In that case it is necessary,

Tanks a lot. Smile
(2012-04-19, 12:40)MeC!as Wrote: Ok, understand. Would be nice without but In that case it is necessary,

There is a new scraper in the works in which you will be able to set/tune this.
(2012-04-19, 12:46)olympia Wrote: There is a new scraper in the works in which you will be able to set/tune this.

Sorry for posting in such an old thread but I have the same question as the OP.
Is it possible to get rid of the word "Rated" with german Metadata from themoviedb.org
You can do this with Universal Movie Scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does the movie database scraper (themoviedb.org) use localized release information?0