• 1(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Video 
The developers of Media Companion would like to advise of the latest stable release Media Companion V3.500

From the great work started by Billyad2000, Media Companion has gone open source with many developers shaping MC into the Movie and TV Show scraper we all love.

Latest Beta and release notes:
New Release MC3.763b as at 2023-09-28
Both 32 (x86) and 64bit (x64) builds
Download Link

New features added.
All Preferences are in one Form.
Music Video Support

Hard work has gone into updating the Wiki Documentation for all functions of Media companion. Please browse these pages, as there are many functions and features of Media Companion you may not be aware of.

To Reduce duplication of the same information. See
Revision History for current release and previous release fixes and features

Requirements: Windows OS, XP, Vista and Win 7.
Dot Net 4.0
Internet Connection:

Now scrape all the nfo's, posters and screenshots/fanart to be placed with your TV Shows and Movies.

Be in control of all the data with your video files, and confirm the images, synopsis etc are correct before Kodi adds them into the Library.

Media Companion Currently supports Movies and TV Shows.

Movie Features include.
  • Auto-Scrape Clear-Art, logo's etc from Fanart.TV
  • Auto-Scrape MovieSet artwork - Note: New movie sets must be renamed, or a Central MovieSet Artwork folder selected.
  • Select MovieSet artwork on the Fanart.Tv tab
  • Scrape Bluray movies stored in Bluray folder structure
  • Rename Folder and/or Movie
  • Support of <tag> for all your movies
  • Allows Alternative movie Versions
  • Scrape movie information from IMDB using the inbuilt scraper
  • Scrape Movie information using XBMC's theMovieDb scraper
  • Save artwork in Dharma/Eden, Frodo or Both format - Default format is now Frodo. Fully compatible with Gotham and Helix
  • Download movie posters from any of IMDB, TMdb, IMPA, and MPDB.
  • Download movie backdrops from TMdb.
  • Download movie trailers from IMDB.
  • View and edit all obtained data.
  • Include 'ExtraThumbs' (For skins that support this function, Movies need to be in individual folders)
  • Media info icons overlay fanart
  • Search and browse movies using a selection of filters and searches.
  • Export to HTML movie details & artwork, with customizable templates.

TV Show features include.
  • Save artwork in Dharma/Eden, Frodo or Both format
  • Automatically download information for TV Shows and episodes from TVdb.
  • Manually add a Series, selecting the scraper and destination folder.
  • Download actor images from either TVdb or IMDB.
  • Download and select poster for Show and individual seasons.
  • Download episode screen shot.
  • Create screen shot if download is not available.
  • Automatically rename episodes.
  • Display episodes missing from your collection.
  • Display episodes in aired date order (so you can see where the specials fit in)
  • Export to HTML TV details with customizable templates.

Music Video features include.
  • Scrape single Music Videos from Wikipedia, IMVDB or TheAudioDB
  • Scrape Poster Image if available
  • Create Fanart from Screenshot of Music Video file
  • Create Poster Image from Screenshot, and Crop to Poster Aspect.
  • Manually change Music Video from Wikipedia (Note: Only from Wikipedia at this time)

Also included is mc_com.exe, a command-line option to scrape your Movies and Tv Shows.

Code:
mc_com.exe -e           ##Scan for new TV Show episodes

mc_com.exe -m           ##Scan for new Movies

Now add -v after episode or movie switch for silent scraping. No pop-up window taking focus.
ie:
mc_com.exe -m -v       ###Scan for new Movies - output progress to mc_com.log file.

Great for putting into batch jobs, or adding to Sickbeard post-processing script.

Please post any questions here and we will endeavor to assist. If there is an issue please create a Ticket at Media Companion on SourceForge - Tickets page
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Awesome!
As I wrote in the other thread for the older version, is there a way for MC3 to create a "extrafanart" folder and save multiple or all 1920x1080 fanart to it? This folder is used by some XBMC skins for displaying random fanart.

Thanks!
(2012-04-18, 01:07)d3maxt Wrote: Awesome!
As I wrote in the other thread for the older version, is there a way for MC3 to create a "extrafanart" folder and save multiple or all 1920x1080 fanart to it? This folder is used by some XBMC skins for displaying random fanart.

Thanks!

Hi d3maxt

This isn't available in this release of MC, but could be added as a new feature. I'll note this on the codeplex site for HueyHQ or StormyKnight to flag as a feature.
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/429

Fee free to check the codeplex site and join.

Cheers

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
(2012-04-18, 01:13)vbat99 Wrote: ...I'll note this on the codeplex site for HueyHQ or StormyKnight to flag as a feature.
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/429...
Changed to feature.
(2012-04-18, 01:30)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 01:13)vbat99 Wrote: ...I'll note this on the codeplex site for HueyHQ or StormyKnight to flag as a feature.
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/429...
Changed to feature.

Thanks! Probably the easiest way would be on the fanart tab to right click on the desired fanart and just have another line there (in addition to save fanart as...) to save the image as extrafanart\extrafanartX.jpg inside the selected movie folder (x obviously would go up in number).
What about trailer download? Also, any plans to see basic music functionality shortly (artist info and art, artist, no album related info to keep things simple)?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2012-04-18, 03:03)steve1977 Wrote: What about trailer download? Also, any plans to see basic music functionality shortly (artist info and art, artist, no album related info to keep things simple)?
Doesn't it already do trailer downloads?
I think we want to get the movies and TV shows right before we venture into music. But you're right, I think music will round it out as a "media" companion! Probably when we get into v3.600 territory, or may even qualify as a v4.0 release!
I know this is a long shot, but is there any possible way you may think about adding a music section to media companion, that would scrape band pics, and album art from last.fm or all music?

Thanks
(2012-04-18, 08:40)guyonphone Wrote: I know this is a long shot, but is there any possible way you may think about adding a music section to media companion, that would scrape band pics, and album art from last.fm or all music?

Thanks
(2012-04-18, 03:19)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 03:03)steve1977 Wrote: What about trailer download? Also, any plans to see basic music functionality shortly (artist info and art, artist, no album related info to keep things simple)?
Doesn't it already do trailer downloads?
I think we want to get the movies and TV shows right before we venture into music. But you're right, I think music will round it out as a "media" companion! Probably when we get into v3.600 territory, or may even qualify as a v4.0 release!

See reply by HueyHQ.

Music is a large undertaking, being able to pick from id3 tags or the file-name, and getting it right is not a small task.

But, It has been mentioned before, and may see its way into MC.
Media Companion Dev.
As I mentioned in the other thread, I think MC is a great program. I've only been testing for a couple days but I've been very impressed. I'm curious about the trailer download comment. I saw the checkbox for downloading trailers, but MC didn't seem to download any for my test setup of about 30 movies (all new releases so trailers are definitely available). I'm also going to enter a "bug" in codeplex around automatically monitoring media folders and scraping when a new folder is added.
(2012-04-18, 15:44)trpltongue Wrote: As I mentioned in the other thread, I think MC is a great program. I've only been testing for a couple days but I've been very impressed. I'm curious about the trailer download comment. I saw the checkbox for downloading trailers, but MC didn't seem to download any for my test setup of about 30 movies (all new releases so trailers are definitely available). I'm also going to enter a "bug" in codeplex around automatically monitoring media folders and scraping when a new folder is added.

There isn't a download trailer option in MC, only a "Add movie trailer URL to nfo" option, as far as I'm aware. That does exactly what it says on the tin, it puts something similar to
Quote:<trailer>http://pdl.stream.aol.com/pdlext/aol/brightcove/us/moviefone/trailers/2011/missionimpossibleghostprotocol_10037190/missionimpossibleghostprotocol_trlr_01_720p_dl.mov</trailer>
inside the NFO file. Some skins (at least Neon for sure, it may be all skins now or baked into XBMC core) give you the option to press down inside the Movie library and it will stream that file.
(2012-04-18, 08:49)vbat99 Wrote: Music is a large undertaking, being able to pick from id3 tags or the file-name, and getting it right is not a small task.

But, It has been mentioned before, and may see its way into MC.

That's the part that I wanted to challenge. Bringing in a full music tagger with ID3 tags is so much work that I would not suggest MC to go this route. There are plenty of others out and getting this right will indeed take ages.

What I was suggesting i something much simpler only focusing on artists rather than albums or even tracks.

Thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Does Media Companion support automatic scrapping of new TV shows (not just new episodes) via command line?
For music use mediamonkey. Very powerful app. Tags, renames, organizes.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2012-04-18, 15:44)trpltongue Wrote: As I mentioned in the other thread, I think MC is a great program. I've only been testing for a couple days but I've been very impressed. I'm curious about the trailer download comment. I saw the checkbox for downloading trailers, but MC didn't seem to download any for my test setup of about 30 movies (all new releases so trailers are definitely available). I'm also going to enter a "bug" in codeplex around automatically monitoring media folders and scraping when a new folder is added.
Yeah, I'm a bit vague about trailers because I have never used that feature - there has always been someone else around to handle those questions!
As far as I'm aware, by checking the box for trailers, I think it makes a button appear on the main page that says 'Download Trailer'(?), tucked away in the middle there somewhere. I'm afraid it is a manual thing, but it does give you precise control over what trailers you want!
There is also something about adding a link to trailers in the .nfo file, but I'm not sure if XBMC does anything with that or not.
Post back your findings 'cos I'd be interested in how it works. If it doesn't work, then I will finally need to familiarise myself with trailers!

(Oops, there were other posts!)
(2012-04-18, 15:50)IAmNotAUser Wrote: There isn't a download trailer option in MC, only a "Add movie trailer URL to nfo" option, as far as I'm aware. That does exactly what it says on the tin, it puts something similar to
Quote:<trailer>http://pdl.stream.aol.com/pdlext/aol/brightcove/us/moviefone/trailers/2011/missionimpossibleghostprotocol_10037190/missionimpossibleghostprotocol_trlr_01_720p_dl.mov</trailer>
inside the NFO file. Some skins (at least Neon for sure, it may be all skins now or baked into XBMC core) give you the option to press down inside the Movie library and it will stream that file.
@IAmNotAUser: Thanks for that, I thought that was the case somehow!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10