• 6(current)
Release Lightbox Skin
Love this skin!!
Asrock ION 330Ht, Ubuntu Lucid, XBMC Eden final, Lightbox
Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, Ubuntu Ocelot, XBMC Eden final, Xperience1080
Beautiful design! Don't let the nay-sayers and negative people on here discourage you. This is among the best UI experiences I've seen on any platform, XBMC or otherwise. Trust your gut, we can all tell it'll be amazing in the end.
This skin is really nice.

I think I found a bug though (not sure if it is one of those big bugs or not, but I guess better safe than sorry), but under TV shows, the episode thumb seems to be a bit too small. Now that isn't really the bug, the bug comes in when you press info, and the thumb is stretched to fit in the same size window as a standard movie poster.

Although after playing with the skin for a while, that is the only thing I noticed. Really really nice work.
Dunno if it's just not implemented, but you can't choose between 'show only watched' or 'all videos'.
(2012-04-17, 19:31)feerlessleadr Wrote: This skin is really nice.

I think I found a bug though (not sure if it is one of those big bugs or not, but I guess better safe than sorry), but under TV shows, the episode thumb seems to be a bit too small. Now that isn't really the bug, the bug comes in when you press info, and the thumb is stretched to fit in the same size window as a standard movie poster.

Although after playing with the skin for a while, that is the only thing I noticed. Really really nice work.

Not a bug. This skin uses posters and from the sound of it you've got banners.

(2012-04-17, 20:42)otcho Wrote: Dunno if it's just not implemented, but you can't choose between 'show only watched' or 'all videos'.

Yeah I haven't implemented anything to do with watched/ unwatched yet. But it's on the todo list

Hey tree_jammer,

Something else to consider about your skin is what licence you are releasing it under - I seem to remember Hitcher asking how to limit redistribution etc.

Creative commons or something else.

Just thought i'd mention it in case you hadn't thought of it.

Great skin!

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ if you don't want it used for commercial purposes.
Excellent skin. The most professional I've seen.

As soon as I can edit the home screen (playlists, favs, etc.), it'll be perfect.

Keep me in mind for beta!

Nice job.
(2012-04-16, 13:37)tree_jammer Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 13:04)Baswazz Wrote: I installed the skin onto my HTPC only problem i got is, i can't read the movie description from the couch on my 32 inch 1080i TV. Font size is to small. Can you look-in to this three_jammer?

Text seems fine to me. I think your tv is too far away. If anything I feel I have been fairly accommodating in terms of text size compared to other skins. I will have another look though

I only mean for example: the movie description text, the rest of the text is fine. I am sitting 3,5/4m away from the TV. Our living room situation is not an exception, just a normal...
If you read through the forums you will see that there is more complaining about text size in skins.
Thx for take another look. I understand as graphical designer that it does look nice as it is now, and you like to keep it that way. May bey consider it to be as an skin option.

(2012-04-17, 01:17)tree_jammer Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 00:00)Hitcher Wrote: Ultimately it's your skin so stick to your guns.

(2012-04-17, 00:04)Martijn Wrote: +1 on doing your own thing.
You primarily started this skin for yourself so I say stick with that.

Users can make suggestion but in the end it's your call. If they don't like it they should change it theirselves to fit their own personal taste Big Grin

YES and YES. I can see why a lot of skinners end up abandoning their skins and getting frustrated. I think I'm gonna take a more passive stance in this thread and just read the opinions and take from the sensible ones.

+1
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Just tried it. Great skin. I love the colors, and the way it displays the list of music or videos, etc.
Also the weather implementation, the way the plot is being displayed.. a lot of thing are to be liked here.
It is really good. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

I am pretty sure you will stick to what you like to have implemented, and that's just fine.
If I am allowed to mention my wishlist, that would be:

- PVR
- Watchlist support
- Extrafanart

In any case thanks again, and congrats for this beautiful, light, and functional skin Smile
Just tried this skin, and for an alpha release, wow! Works quickly and reliably on my revo 3600 and looks extremely professional. The large clock font, smart layout, clear context menus and everything makes sense yet looks swish. I did have to set the view for tv shows, episodes, movies etc but now that's done I won't have to set it again.

If I can add my thoughts:
- The episodes list looks a little "busy", and it's not particularly easy to spot other episodes in the list; they're a little faint? I'm no design expert so I'll leave it to yourself
- PVR support.. yeah this is a controversial topic, but I am one of the minority of XBMC users that uses it for DVB-T and DVB-S alongside traditional media. Eventually I would hope to see basic support, or perhaps someone more skilled from the PVR subforum could take over the development of the PVR part since they know what to expect with the PVR funcionality. There's a lot involved by the looks of it.

Great skin so far, this is now the default for my laptop copy of XBMC (it's used 99% just for watching TV Shows - no addons or anything else fancy) - thanks!
I really like where you are going with this skin! Great work ans something genuinely refreshing. The animated backgrounds are awesome. The only real downside for me is that videos and music can't be opened in file mode directly from the main menu. But this might be something you will add in the future?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
(2012-04-17, 21:53)tree_jammer Wrote:

(2012-04-17, 20:42)otcho Wrote: Dunno if it's just not implemented, but you can't choose between 'show only watched' or 'all videos'.

Yeah I haven't implemented anything to do with watched/ unwatched yet. But it's on the todo list

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to report. I've embedded a screenshot which hopefully better explains it.

As you can see, the episode thumb box is squishing the actual episode thumb to fit in a movie poster size box, rather than the standard thumb size box. Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen episode thumbs the same size as movie posters.

Another thing to consider (not sure if you are taking requests or not) but based on the above screenshot, it is difficult to read the plot when pressing info on an episode since the background is so transparent.

Still loving this skin though, nice work.
Just I can say please respect UTF-8 fonts for multilanguage support Smile other then that very good. Thank you.
(2012-04-18, 23:45)feerlessleadr Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 21:53)tree_jammer Wrote:

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to report. I've embedded a screenshot which hopefully better explains it.

As you can see, the episode thumb box is squishing the actual episode thumb to fit in a movie poster size box, rather than the standard thumb size box. Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen episode thumbs the same size as movie posters.

Another thing to consider (not sure if you are taking requests or not) but based on the above screenshot, it is difficult to read the plot when pressing info on an episode since the background is so transparent.

Still loving this skin though, nice work.

That is the video info screen when the 'i' key is pressed, and yes your description wasn't very clear so I misunderstood. I haven't skinned that view for episode info yet, like I said some dialogs are still in need of work. Obviously I will make sure there is no overlapping when its done.

thanks for clearing that up.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lightbox Skin20