• 63(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
looks like I'm getting a similar issue. Headphones cans my library, says it's checking filepaths to see if it can find matches but doesn't actually add the artists. It keeps doing this over and over again. It's only added 7 of my 206 artists.

Code:
Timestamp    Level    Message
2012-04-19 21:40:05    INFO    Headphones is already up-to-date.
2012-04-19 21:40:05    INFO    Scanning music directory: \\HTPC\Music\xbmc music
2012-04-19 21:39:52    INFO    Checking filepaths to see if we can find any matches
2012-04-19 21:39:52    INFO    Completed scanning of directory: \\HTPC\Music\xbmc music
2012-04-19 21:20:02    INFO    Scanning music directory: \\HTPC\Music\xbmc music

Can anyone give me some advice with this issue?
That's exactly the same behavior I am experiencing. It works if I only add 7, but adding 206, it won't go through. This also does not change if I let it run for a full weeek.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
It seems like the pulls from the server are faster, but it's still taking a long time. I'm seeing a new artist added at about 10 seconds a piece instead of the 30-60 seconds I was getting. Still, at this rate it'll be days before my library is fully scanned....
Please keep us posted whether it runs through or stops after 10 artists or so... Thanks!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
I decided to switch over to the python version. I downloaded and installed py 2.7.3, downloaded the latest Headphones and ran it. Got it all set up and decided to add just one of my music folders. I use a letter as the folder and then all the artists inside that folder. For example, X:\Music\A\A Day To Remember etc.

Headphones report in python said "adding 115 new artists" and began to add them. It's been 30 minutes and has added 8 artists. I'll report back if it makes it past 10... but it may be awhile. :\

EDIT:
Made it past 10 artists. After the artist is added each album takes between 5-10 seconds. At this rate it'll all be done by next year. ;P
lonchaney /steve1977: are you guys running the latest build? That's a separate issue that got (hopefully?) Fixed a few commits ago..... is it the win build or from git?

Average time used to be about 1 minute per artist - that was from musicbrainz.org before the rate limiting - so that's probably a good benchmark to use :-)
Yes, running the latest windows built from GIT. my issue is not 1min versus 20sec, but that it stops after 10 artists or so.
The windows build isn't in GIT, so... do you run the python or the windows version?
If you run the windows version, I updated it this morning. Try updating your installation and see what happens.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Good point - running the python version on win7x32.
Is there an advantage of running the win-exe rather than the python-on-windows?
(2012-04-20, 11:35)HenryFord Wrote: The windows build isn't in GIT, so... do you run the python or the windows version?
If you run the windows version, I updated it this morning. Try updating your installation and see what happens.

where can we find the latest release for the windows build? Also how do we update this? Just override the files?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-04-20, 14:47)rflores2323 Wrote: where can we find the latest release for the windows build? Also how do we update this? Just override the files?
Always at http://www.tbueter.com/tools/headphones_win32build.zip .
You can check wether a new version is available via http://www.tbueter.com/tools/version.txt - if it differs from your local version.txt, you can update.
For an update just overwrite the files.

@steve1977: Actually - you have an advantage by running the python version since you can use the built-in updater which isn't yet available with the exe-version. Also: You are bound to my updates, and I will _always_ be slower than rembo10. The advantage of the exe is, that you do not have to install Python on your machine.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

not to take away from your builds henryford......but how can we setup headphones on a windows machine using the python version? any step by step instructions?
(2012-04-20, 16:45)rflores2323 Wrote: not to take away from your builds henryford......but how can we setup headphones on a windows machine using the python version? any step by step instructions?

I can take a stab at this:

1: download and install python, 2.7.3 is the most recent (http://www.python.org/download/)
2: download the source from github (https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/zipball/master)
3: extract the contents somewhere
4: double-click on headphones.py

That's all I did anyway and it works like a charm. There's probably some way to keep the terminal window from popping up, but it doesn't really bother me so I didn't look that up.

Also if you're using the windows version just copy over the config file from the 'old' headphones directory into the new one so you don't have to set everything up again.
(2012-04-20, 16:51)jdoggvt Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 16:45)rflores2323 Wrote: not to take away from your builds henryford......but how can we setup headphones on a windows machine using the python version? any step by step instructions?

I can take a stab at this:

1: download and install python, 2.7.3 is the most recent (http://www.python.org/download/)
2: download the source from github (https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/zipball/master)
3: extract the contents somewhere
4: double-click on headphones.py

That's all I did anyway and it works like a charm. There's probably some way to keep the terminal window from popping up, but it doesn't really bother me so I didn't look that up.

Also if you're using the windows version just copy over the config file from the 'old' headphones directory into the new one so you don't have to set everything up again.

Does this update via the web gui also? How can I make this startup on boot? Can I just make a shortcut of the headphones.py and put it in the startup folders?

Yes to both question Smile I was a little hesitant to run the python version just because I have no experience with it but there's really nothing to it.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9