Need help installing XBMCbuntu on Acer Revo R3700 please
Turn off skin sounds in the same screen that you set the skin. Settings > Appearance. One of the sound options will be "Off".
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
Ah, ta, will do that!
I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me on here, by the way! Thanks so much! Smile
You shouldn't set up a proxy address, that's only if you need one for internet access. How are you trying to connect to your servers? Are you trying by name? NetBIOS name resolution doesn't always work that well. It's usually better to connect via IP address and then share name. In XBMC, when you want to set up your video and audio sources, you can do the following if it's a network share.
Select "Add Videos" or Music, whatever the case is.
Hightlight "None" and select it.
Under "Enter the paths or browse for the media locations. Put the following:
Code:
smb://<user>:<password>@<ip.of.smb.server>/<share>

This adds an SMB/Samba share a.k.a. a Windows share.

If you can ping the server by IP address, try the above. If you can't ping it, then you have deeper problems.

Another thing you can do is mount your shares during boot via /etc/fstab, and then point XBMC to the mounted shares instead of the network location. Here's my fstab file from my AppleTV gen1:
Code:
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
# /dev/sda3
/dev/sda3               /               ext3    noatime,errors=remount-ro 0       1
# /dev/sda2
/dev/sda2               none            swap    sw              0       0
#Movies
//10.10.10.5/Video      /media/movies   cifs    ro,iocharset=utf8,credentials=/home/atv/.smbcred,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755 0 0
#Television
//10.10.10.6/Television /media/television cifs  ro,iocharset=utf8,credentials=/home/atv/.smbcred,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755 0 0
#Animation
//10.10.10.10/Animation /media/animation cifs   ro,iocharset=utf8,credentials=/home/atv/.smbcred,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755 0 0
#Kids
//10.10.10.9/Kids       /media/kids     cifs    ro,iocharset=utf8,credentials=/home/atv/.smbcred,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755 0 0
The last four entries are my network shares. I've connected via read-only (ro) and the share credentials you can do one of two ways. You can either specify username=<username> and password=<password> in the fstab lines, or you can do what I did and create a credentials file, in my case /home/atv/.smbcred in which the contents are simply:
Code:
username=<username>
password=<password>
You do need to chmod the credentials file to 600, ala
Code:
sudo chmod 600 /home/atv/.smbcred
Yes, I've definately a connection out and ping ping local and internet addresses.

What I did notice is that when I (for example) refresh the info on a TV show it does pull in so much info and fanart, but when I select extras and look to choose other fanart, etc only the local one is avialble. The rest all have a blank polaroid type icon and at the boom they say the path is 'fanart://Remote0', 'fanart://Remote1', etc. It's like it's looking for somewhere local for certain data, and that's the same on all three devices (ATV2, XBMCbuntu and my Windows laptop, which I'm also using for testing the syncing).

I've tried adding the IP address, usrrname and password but it's just doing the same. Sad

That last paragraph scared me......!
Sounds like XBMC is looking on the scraper site for additional fanart. You can always browse to local sources.
Ah, could be. I have the Artwork Downloader installed on one of the devices.... maybe it's looking for where that would normally put files instead of connecting to an external server.
Finchy,

I think we've missed support for the R3700. Could you please post the contents of this file (if present): /tmp/debugInfo.txt
erhnam, I'm running an R3700 setup as well, using XBMCbuntu and had similar audio setup issues. I don't see the file you mention above, but if you want any other logs, I'll happily provide them.
I've just checked and don't have a file /tmp/debugInfo.txt on mine either.
If it's of any interest, I just upgraded my 3700 from XBMC Live to Eden without the full XBMCBuntu install. It was working fine under Dhama, and continues to work fine under Eden.
(2012-04-19, 18:45)FuryStryker Wrote: erhnam, I'm running an R3700 setup as well, using XBMCbuntu and had similar audio setup issues. I don't see the file you mention above, but if you want any other logs, I'll happily provide them.

Could you please post the contens of the following;

Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name' -m1 | grep 'Atom'

Code:
aplay -l

Code:
lspci -nn | grep '0403'

Code:
/usr/bin/amixer -c 0 | grep 'Simple mixer control' | grep 'IEC958' | awk '{print $4,$5,$6}'
/usr/bin/amixer -c 1 | grep 'Simple mixer control' | grep 'IEC958' | awk '{print $4,$5,$6}'

This allows me to understand what might be wrong with our alsa config script.
Could you please post the contens of the following;

Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name' -m1 | grep 'Atom'

Quote:model name : Intel® Atom™ CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz

Code:
aplay -l
Quote:**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Code:
lspci -nn | grep '0403'
Quote:
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: nVidia Corporation High Definition Audio Controller [10de:0be3] (rev a1)
Code:
/usr/bin/amixer -c 0 | grep 'Simple mixer control' | grep 'IEC958' | awk '{print $4,$5,$6}'
/usr/bin/amixer -c 1 | grep 'Simple mixer control' | grep 'IEC958' | awk '{print $4,$5,$6}'
Quote:'IEC958',0
'IEC958 Default PCM',0

and

'IEC958',0

This allows me to understand what might be wrong with our alsa config script.
[/quote]

If you need anything else, I'm happy to help! Smile

Here's a new livecd with improved alsa configuration scripts. Does this solve your problem?

http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcfreak-11.0-v3.zip
I'll test this out this weekend and let you know. Is it possible to just apt-get distro-upgrade for this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help installing XBMCbuntu on Acer Revo R3700 please0