• 9(current)
[RELEASE] muzu.tv
spoyser can give me a update please
Looks like muzu have changed quite a lot, in particular the retrieving of the real URL of the videos.

I have made a quick and dirty temporary fix available here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1678234816/muzu20.zip

(Playlists don't work at the moment, and I think everything will play at best quality, I'll see what I can do over the weekend to sort this)
Thanks for This quick and dirty Fix!
And we see what happens over the weekend !!

Thanks!!
(2012-04-20, 23:52)spoyser Wrote: Looks like muzu have changed quite a lot, in particular the retrieving of the real URL of the videos.

I have made a quick and dirty temporary fix available here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1678234816/muzu20.zip

(Playlists don't work at the moment, and I think everything will play at best quality, I'll see what I can do over the weekend to sort this)

thanks for fix i can not wait see playlist is working
Latest version 0.2.1 now available here

https://rapidshare.com/files/2655919628/muzu21.zip

Just download, unzip, and overwrite previous version.

Due to the changes made by muzu the method of retrieving the URL has radically changed, one advantage of this is this now allows the video quality to be selected from 240p, 360p, 480p and 720p. This is in the addon settings.

This plugin will attempt to play the resolution you have chosen, if that resolution is not available it will attempt to play each lower resolution in order of better quality. It will never attempt to play higher resolutions (I have done it like this so that the plugin doesn't consume bandwidth without you realizing). This means, for example, if you have chosen 240p and this is not available it will not play that video at all.

Muzu also seemed to have added "territory lockout" on certain videos, therefore I have added the country parameter when a search is performed to prevent unplayable videos being displayed.

I have also fixed the playlists, which the latest changes to the muzu site broke.

Hopefully there won't be anymore big changes for a while!!

I've just realized that the plugin might default to a resolution of 240p or 360p if you install it over the top of an old installation, therefore please check the addon settings and set you preferred resolution.
(2012-04-22, 15:38)spoyser Wrote: Latest version 0.2.1 now available here

https://rapidshare.com/files/2655919628/muzu21.zip

Just download, unzip, and overwrite previous version.

Due to the changes made by muzu the method of retrieving the URL has radically changed, one advantage of this is this now allows the video quality to be selected from 240p, 360p, 480p and 720p. This is in the addon settings.

This plugin will attempt to play the resolution you have chosen, if that resolution is not available it will attempt to play each lower resolution in order of better quality. It will never attempt to play higher resolutions (I have done it like this so that the plugin doesn't consume bandwidth without you realizing). This means, for example, if you have chosen 240p and this is not available it will not play that video at all.

Muzu also seemed to have added "territory lockout" on certain videos, therefore I have added the country parameter when a search is performed to prevent unplayable videos being displayed.

I have also fixed the playlists, which the latest changes to the muzu site broke.

Hopefully there won't be anymore big changes for a while!!

thanks you for update thanks
(2012-04-22, 15:38)spoyser Wrote: Muzu also seemed to have added "territory lockout" on certain videos, therefore I have added the country parameter when a search is performed to prevent unplayable videos being displayed.

first of all, many thanks for the update. This addon is great.
Concerning the territory lockout, it was always there. You couldn't see the locked videos on a normal browser, but somehow this addon was able to get the real URL of the videos and play them anyway. I hope there's a way to make that work again, if not, it's also ok.
thanks for this update !
it is cool!!
(2012-04-22, 19:21)perro6969 Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 15:38)spoyser Wrote: Muzu also seemed to have added "territory lockout" on certain videos, therefore I have added the country parameter when a search is performed to prevent unplayable videos being displayed.

first of all, many thanks for the update. This addon is great.
Concerning the territory lockout, it was always there. You couldn't see the locked videos on a normal browser, but somehow this addon was able to get the real URL of the videos and play them anyway. I hope there's a way to make that work again, if not, it's also ok.

Yep, that (back)door would appear to have been closed! Sad

The plugin used to make a call such as

Code:
http://www.muzu.tv/player/playAsset?assetId=1082926&videoType=1

To retrieve the real URL, however, this no longer works, I assume this was how the muzu site used to work and they have only just got round to removing it.

Given this change there isn't really any need to do the search /browse via the API call anymore either (it was this call that gave you videos not in your area) so I might look into removing that as well and just scrape what the site returns you.
thanks for your work on this add-on. I really like it.
Have used this add-on a few times but when i play for example uk chart list after a few clips cache gets flooded and it needs to buffer all the time and it pretty much gets useless.
i have it backported to XBMC4XBOX is is exellent thanks for your hard work!
Its run and run!
(2012-04-27, 17:54)schumi2004 Wrote: Have used this add-on a few times but when i play for example uk chart list after a few clips cache gets flooded and it needs to buffer all the time and it pretty much gets useless.

I have just played from number 1 to number 19 back to back with no problems, also no one else seems to have mentioned this issue so it is more likely your setup :-(
how i take ticks off cos i watch a video then tick on it how i remove it

and can you add play all in charts and new releases
(2012-04-29, 20:37)nickshe89 Wrote: how i take ticks off cos i watch a video then tick on it how i remove it

and can you add play all in charts and new releases

What hardware are you running?

On my windows 7 machine and iPad all video lists including the charts and new releases automatically play all if I just play the first in the list
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] muzu.tv2