• 95(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
@allen00se:
I got the little brother: VSX-921 Smile
I do everything with the pioneer app though.
If i'd have to add a button to XBMC Commander, i'd try to write some PHP scripts that run one one of my web servers (a NAS would be perfect for example) and do the telnet stuff. You could then add a http button triggering the PHP script which in turn interacts with the receiver.

@fatal:
I'll give 2a. a try
I have been using this a while and it is a great app thank you.

Today i noticed a couple of new films formed a 'movie set', something I wasnt previously aware of but like!

My question is, why do none of my other collections form 'movie sets'? I have all six Starwars films, the Harry Potter films and the Back to the Future trilogy and none are shown as a movie set. The only one that is, are the Wallace & Gromit collection..
Hi twizzle
to get the information which movie belongs to which set, the movie either
a) needs to be scraped with the tmdb scraper and the movie set option in settings->video set to "on"
or
b) needs the "movieset" tag set up correctly in its .nfo file.

the option mentioned in a) was enabled by default in one of the eden betas (don't remember which one), so i guess your w&g collection was scraped "by accident" with this option on.
To get sets for all you'll either need to rescrape your movies using the tmdb scraper, or edit your .nfo files and reload the movie info in XBMC.
Thats brilliant and thanks for the quick reply.

Ill just get rescraping and fingers crossed it will look a little tidier.

Thanks
grywnn,

I just grabbed the latest update and I love, love, LOVE the new scroll bar!!!! Best update in a while!

Cheers
Great update!!
A very descent plugin for spotify is currently in development for XBMC (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147&page=15). It would be absolutely great to be able to control this plugin via XBMC commander.
Love the update!!

Is there a trick to getting the search bar to appear at the top when in the music library? I can get it sometimes if I use a 3-finger swipe but it takes a few tries and sometimes I get the IPad notifications bar instead. Thanks!
Dual WOL, nice, thank you.Smile
(2012-04-13, 17:14)grywnn Wrote: @allen00se:
If i'd have to add a button to XBMC Commander, i'd try to write some PHP scripts that run one one of my web servers (a NAS would be perfect for example) and do the telnet stuff. You could then add a http button triggering the PHP script which in turn interacts with the receiver.

@fatal:
I'll give 2a. a try

Sounds like a plan, I am not familiar with how to tackle this, any links you can send my way to help me figure it out would be appreciated. Im pretty confident I can handle the Php talking to the receiver, however not sure where to begin to get commander talking to the php script.
Thanks,
Krys
(2012-04-23, 21:07)allen00se Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 17:14)grywnn Wrote: @allen00se:

@fatal:
I'll give 2a. a try

Sounds like a plan, I am not familiar with how to tackle this, any links you can send my way to help me figure it out would be appreciated. Im pretty confident I can handle the Php talking to the receiver, however not sure where to begin to get commander talking to the php script.
Thanks,
Krys

Well I spent a while working on it, but finally got a simple solution that works. Just like you said, xbmc commander sends http command to a php script on my web server which fires a bash script that will turn on my AV receiver and switch to the right input via its telnet port. Thanks for the point in the right direction.
What's happened to the latest release the movies are no longer in order using commander in my library. I have the old version on my iPhone and that's ok but ths new version is not keeping the movies in the right order and I am using by name.

Eg

The superman movies now have the first movie at the end as its called superman the movie

Same for other movies pirates lots of others there just all mixed up or not together

Cheers
Yeah i change the sorting logic from letting xbmc do the sorting to doing it myself.
Reason for this was that movie sets didn't get mixed with "normal" movies, and i couldn't inject them into the movie list since i didn't know wether xbmc skipped some article.
Well i did the ignore article thingy myself now, but i forgot that xbmc also has a sorttitle which it uses especially for cases like these.
I should be able to request the sorttitle from xbmc though, i'll try to adjust my code so this will work like before.

Btw since sorttitle never worked really good for my i tend to sort the movies in sets by year, which usually gives the same result.
Sort by year will break Star Wars Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
And any movies with prequels as I like to put them at the front.

I use sort title to put some movies in order like

The title

Superman the movie
Superman ii

But use sortitle like this

Superman I
Superman ii

So That keeps them in order.

Cheers
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13