• 16(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-04-21, 23:26)eskro Wrote: no before, way before
Okay.....but all your AMD APU threads are after my AMD APU thread......Tongue

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
no problem blu.

actually, yes, your right about APU.

however, remember, its not that i didnt want to put them in my HTPC guide,

voip-ninja tested the A4-3400 and didnt like it and made a video about it.

so i waited before just putting something i could regret in my HTPC guide!!

i have a reputation to preserve.

i cant suggest stuff that doesnt work/fit together...
(2012-04-22, 01:40)eskro Wrote: no problem blu.

actually, yes, your right about APU.
You're a fine gentlement bud....good DIYer changes things on the fly all the time.....

(2012-04-22, 01:40)eskro Wrote: i cant suggest stuff that doesnt work/fit together...
It show that you care for others......

yeah i do, i'd FeeL bad if they got something that doesnt work right in the ENd...
Work or not, my wife still blames you for all the money I'm spending this month! Tongue
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-04-22, 02:33)Mick1152 Wrote: Work or not, my wife still blames you for all the money I'm spending this month! Tongue

Blame me! Big Grin
your wife will like your system, give her some time.
theyr all jealous at first, they loose your attention, htpc gains it, Tongue
I've been married for 15 years, she lost my attention at least 10 ago.....

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have typed that while she could see what I was typing Wink
Although I do blame her for the second mobile system in a way... she should have known better than to mention how cool it would be to use the htpc in the RV on our trips instead of having to deal with 1000's of DVD's.... the second system is her own damn fault!
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Guys.....

Here is an update video as promised. I had some issues but im happy to report that i'm up and running..

Issue not mentioned in vid..DanielaHd Audio Build still not working properly. BluRay to the rescue! Im currently going through all of your instructions and suggestions to get this HD Audio working fluid with my new A63500
(2012-04-22, 05:47)CpTHOOK Wrote: Guys.....

Here is an update video as promised. I had some issues but im happy to report that i'm up and running..

Issue not mentioned in vid..DanielaHd Audio Build still not working properly. BluRay to the rescue! Im currently going through all of your instructions and suggestions to get this HD Audio working fluid with my new A63500
Thanks for the video.....

What's wrong with HD audio setup?

Remember what I said in post #190 about the cooler......you could have got "Scythe Kozuti SCKZT-1000 CPU Cooler". It should fit in your case.....

Hey thanx for the video HOOK.....

Hey looking good....... nice to hear you are going to get the 300-65... so you can fit everything in it correctly.
As I can see that 300-150 has an extra fan on the top for the PSU ..... the 65 don't....
Don't forget to get th 8 dollar 90w brick..... well the 65W works man.... you can try that first but for safety 90W....

Yes ain't it nice you can turn on from cold.... I thought you told me you had an MCE remote also that worked? link?

Your temps will all go down once you do it right...... hey did you move? because your server was up before.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Remember what I said in post #190 about the cooler......you could have got "Scythe Kozuti SCKZT-1000 CPU Cooler". It should fit in your case....."

( i understand that the 1000 CPU will fit in the 300-150..... hope .... but it is loud since it such a tiny fan... i looked at reviews)

ummmm okHuh he has his cooler already.... just need to get the right case... and not the wrong one you have mentioned before bluray (300-150)..... please don't confuse people. Thank you.

Not in the wrong way man but been getting people asking me stuff that it's on my first thread.... stuff that works.... and they come at me telling me if you are right......

Im just telling them of what works..... since I have it already and have proof......

I feel bad that Hook bought that 150 and he had trouble.....

Btw....

If you don't want to cut the bracket the Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm Shuriken Rev. B 3 fit's perfect! and it will be silent too!!!! Take a look:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1080600

I believe it will be the best if you don't want to cut...... I own it too.... so I recommend.

thanks for the update video CpTHOOK!

Man, sorry to hear that you encountered an issue
while placing your SCYTHE cooler in there...

thats what HTPC' N is all about, we learn the hard way :/

Glad you'll end'up getting the same case as Beer40!
that'll allow u to ditch the AMD Stock Noisy Cooler!

Your build will then be golden and extremely silent/well cooled!

those idle temps are a bit high indeed but,
nothing alarming.

same for the 68degree u got while 1080P' ing ....
looks high, but still not critical...

anyhow, you'll get that solved pretty soon!

and uhm, man, your HTPC boots fast!! its insane!!

XBMC's User Interface is smooth as butter!
Breathtaking!!

as usual, keep us up2date!

and, if u happen to have a MCE remote package,
check if it allows u to boot from cold too just like your wireless keyboard!

thanks Smile

(2012-04-22, 06:18)bluray Wrote: Remember what I said in post #190 about the cooler......you could have got "Scythe Kozuti SCKZT-1000 CPU Cooler". It should fit in your case.....

nah bro, big shuriken FTW!!
ditch the heat maker fan cooled internal PSU..
FanLess Pico'Like PSU FTW!!

and maybe play safe and get the same 90w brick i suggested Beer40 to buy off of ebay!

Smile
(2012-04-22, 06:20)Beer40oz Wrote: ( i understand that the 1000 CPU will fit in the 300-150..... hope .... but it is loud since it such a tiny fan... i looked at reviews)

ummmm okHuh he has his cooler already.... just need to get the right case... and not the wrong one you have mentioned before bluray (300-150)..... please don't confuse people. Thank you.
Let get the record straight...I never tell anyone to get the 150 case with 2100 cooler. As far as the noise, the max dBA of the 1000 is lower than the max dBA of the 2100. It shouldn't be louder....

(2012-04-22, 06:20)Beer40oz Wrote: Not in the wrong way man but been getting people asking me stuff that it's on my first thread.... stuff that works.... and they come at me telling me if you are right......

Im just telling them of what works..... since I have it already and have proof......
You should never suggest the 2100 cooler to anyone with Antec case. Most buyer don't want to cut their new case....one thing for sure, it'll void the warranty.....

Bluray it's common sense they know if they cut what will happen....
And that is why already recommended the other cooler that I own so they don't cut.....

It's all testing that we are doing here right?

So we now that this build works wonderful and it can be done right!

I wan't this community to have a great experience building there first rig and not be a guinea pig and be pissed that it did not work right.

Friends?
@Beer.... sorry no demonstration for MCE remote, for some reason it's not working now. dont know why but ill figure it out!

@Blu.... man, it's seems like its not meant for me to have a HTPC that can run HD audio properly. Im getting intermittent Audio dropouts every few seconds and High pitched gargling sounds with DDTrue files. As a matter of fact, the same behavior as i3-2100 build! Starting to think it is AVR and not Danielas build per se'. Eden 11 official + HD audio is totally broken both DTS and DDTrue and Audio engine delivers no sound at all.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10