[RELEASE] BBC Live Football Scores
steshell Wrote:Must be doing something really silly as when I try to install this addon I get the following message:-

Add-on does not have the correct structure.

Can anyone help please?

Steve

it hasn't been updated for the Eden betas yet - I'll take a look as soon as I can.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
el_Paraguayo Wrote:I would need a good data feed (ideally JSON) for the league - I don't think the BBC do it.

Spoke to soon - the BBC does seem to have La Liga scores - but not in JSON format. It would be possible to get them by scraping the relevant page but I'd need to think how I fit this alongside the current scores.
steshell Wrote:Must be doing something really silly as when I try to install this addon I get the following message:-

Add-on does not have the correct structure.

Can anyone help please?

Steve

Steve,

How are you trying to instal it? It works fine on Eden beta3.

Have you tried unzipping it to your addons folder?

el_P
Nice addon!
Have you considered making scrapping a generic process, so that you (or anyone else) can write a new scrapper and use it with it (as long as it provide the necessary data in a given structure, e.g. team_a, team_b, score_a, score_b, time...etc). This way you don't need to do it for each person, rather they can contribute back to the addon. Of course after doing that you might consider renaming it to Live Football Scores, or maybe later Live Sport Scores Wink
I have very much considered it, but given my status as a very amateur coder it's way beyond my skills I'm afraid.

I went with the BBC site as it provide the results in a format that was really easy for me to parse.
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Steve,

How are you trying to instal it? It works fine on Eden beta3.

Have you tried unzipping it to your addons folder?

el_P
That worked for me on my Apple tv2 , 4.4.4 , XBMC 11.0: Eden Beta 3
Thanks for the info Big Grin
Hi great script, works great.

Just had a couple of future feature requests; would it be possible to show who scored and what time (of the game)? I guess that would largely depend on what is shown on the BBC website, but if poss, I think that would be a great addition.

Probably more tricky, but thought an audible notification would be good of a score change - what would be great, would be a momentarily reduction of the volume of what ever is currently playing, followed by a GOOAALL!!! similar to Soccer Saturday on Virgin Radio a few years ago (not sure if the program is still going)

Just ideas, great script though, cheers
wow awesome script! will check this out!

will this be developed further?
i get the message "add-on dose not have the correct structure" when i install
Have you tried installing as per the instructions at the top of this page?

Steve
(2012-04-23, 09:10)steshell Wrote: Have you tried installing as per the instructions at the top of this page?

Steve

yeah i tired unraring it and putting in the add-ons folder and nothing shows up
Nice one, can we get overall plugin for all leagues in the world from this web?

http://www.futbol24.com/

p.s. or, some small guide, maybe we can manage someth...tnx...
Noob question. I have unzipped to my addon folder. Now what do I do ?
(2012-04-23, 23:55)G elly N Wrote:
(2012-04-23, 09:10)steshell Wrote: Have you tried installing as per the instructions at the top of this page?

Steve

yeah i tired unraring it and putting in the add-ons folder and nothing shows up

Are you still having problems?

(2012-04-24, 08:44)Stop Wrote: Nice one, can we get overall plugin for all leagues in the world from this web?

http://www.futbol24.com/

p.s. or, some small guide, maybe we can manage someth...tnx...
I'm not going to have the time to do this - I'm using the BBC site as it gives me a very simple JSON format which is easy to parse.

However, the BBC have updated their site to show scores from more leagues, just European I think - it may be possible to get these to work, but at the moment they're not included in the JSON feeds that the script relies on.

(2012-04-24, 13:27)OldTerrier Wrote: Noob question. I have unzipped to my addon folder. Now what do I do ?
Restart xbmc and it should show up in your addons list. Run it. it will then show you the list of leagues/competitions that are playing today. Select the ones you want and hit start.

yeah im still getting the same thing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] BBC Live Football Scores0