• 5(current)
'Best' skin?
Xperience1080 has quickly become my favorite skin. Its a pity it apes the xbox 360s dash so closely, but to me its the most "modern" looking skin. The wealth of information displayed in the homescreen puts other skins to shame. The transitions and animations are unmatched in smoothness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_CckS-kxNU

Link to thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109470

Thoughts?
(2012-04-15, 00:29)uratrtl Wrote: Xperience1080 has quickly become my favorite skin. Its a pity it apes the xbox 360s dash so closely, but to me its the most "modern" looking skin. The wealth of information displayed in the homescreen puts other skins to shame. The transitions and animations are unmatched in smoothness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_CckS-kxNU

Link to thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109470

Thoughts?

with the metro home skin i think it looks great. its a shame thats not the default because im sure a lot of people will just have a quick look at the default and wont fancy it much.

im going to have a look through the thread and try this skin for a while because it LOOKS great. I'm a massive fan of mq3, and this visually looks as good if not better. browing through my albums doesnt look as good in Xperience1080 as it does in mq3 though. i think its just because this skin doesnt have a "CoverFlow" view (i THINK thats what its called in mq3 anyway). instead it just has "CoverView" which seems to cut off the left hand side and right hand side of my albums covers.

anyway, it looks stunning so im going to give it a go.
After days of not sleeping.. I have come to conclusion that the "best" skin is Fusion by Arcanthur and second "best" Xperience1080 by `Black, since I found myself using those two skins the most.

Also great skins are reFocus, Boxee Inspirat and Quartz 3. So that's currently my TOP 5.
Only thing that bothers me about reFocus is the spelling of "Favourites", lol! Can I change that (to "Favorites")?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
MQ3 is my fav skin right now. Second would be transparency.

IMO there is no single skin that is perfect. It all depends on what your looking for. Speed, cool menus, functionality, ease of use, computability with X add-on. I wish there was a score card we can start scoring skins, so devs know the area's to work on as feedback.
Presentation
Graphics
Features
Usability
Lasting Appeal

So if we score from 1-5 on each of them and take the average of the sum? We could make a sticky for skin reviews. Would help users find skins they like. Just a suggestion...
I for one take no notice of the opinion of other users. Every one got his own taste and point of use.
So no sticky. Users should just try the skins and see which one they like and uninstall the ones they don't like
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-24, 22:04)Martijn Wrote: Users should just try the skins and see which one they like and uninstall the ones they don't like

But that's too easy. Wink
(2012-04-24, 23:00)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 22:04)Martijn Wrote: Users should just try the skins and see which one they like and uninstall the ones they don't like

yeah, same as actually reading and searching before posting a question that has been answered a lot of times Rofl
(2012-04-24, 23:03)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 23:00)Hitcher Wrote:

yeah, same as actually reading and searching before posting a question that has been answered a lot of times Rofl

Don't get me wrong I'll most likely try the skins either way and yea I totally get that devs prob wouldn't really care about the reviews. Either way I don't mind the idea of user reviews for the skins.
Feel free Smile
The Aeon skins (especially the amazing MQ3) tend to be the most popular. Eye candy galore.
Other skins are catching up but still there are few contenders to Aeon's throne.
I was never a big fan of Aeon skins but Nox 3.0 is turning out to be the best skin I have used yet and it just seems to keep getting better.
I gotta say, I am pretty darn happy with Confluence Vertical. Simple yet checks all the boxes.
Got excited about Nox 3.0 so I tried it but it appears to be more sluggish than MQ3 that I've been using for a while (overall snappiness and particularly wall mode). I will say it is very sexy (MQ3 looks a little rough around the edges in comparison). I have over 300 movies and prefer Wall mode so that is probably contributing to the slowness.

So, back to MQ3 for now.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Best' skin?0