third party ps3 remote dongles on pc?
Hi guys, those third party ps3 remotes come with usb dongles, would these work in windows with eventghjost by any chance? like this for example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blu-ray-Dvd-Remo...81&sr=8-44
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Anyone tried this at all?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Are they just Bluetooth dongles? Or is it a way to use an IR remote with the PS3?

Here's some info:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Generic_PS3_remote

I've set up an official PS3 remote with a generic Bluetooth dongle with this app:
PS3BluMote
http://benbarron.com/applications

@live4ever, Does the official one automatically pair with your pc mate?

I can't find any definitive answer on the net about this. Don't want to spend the money on something that I have to pair every time I turn on the pc.
I already use the official ps3 remote, it is WAY better than an MCE remote, because I can fully customise the buttons with eventghost. Unfortunately it eats through batteries like pacman on steroids. I did try an app called ps3remotesleep which eventghost triggered to put the remote to sleep. This saved battery life to an acceptable level, but eventually it started to unpair my remote, so the app is a bit of a flop. I don't think it's even being maintained any more.

The unofficial ones are use IR usb dongles.

Although if someone could suggest to me a decent remote with an ir dongle for the PC that doesn't eat batteries, has a good amount of buttons like the ps3 remote, works with eventghost and is NOT an MCE remote AND is decently priced (nothing above £30) then that be nice. :-)
well,
you can also easily customize the buttons on any IR remote
when using the FLIRC dongle!

second,
you can easily customize the buttons of any Harmony remotes
once used with an MCE/RC6 USB IR RECEIVER!
Using the Harmony software, simply add as device a "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" and,
Once you do that, mapping the buttons couldn't be easier!
Just decide which button emulates which keyboard key press!
For example, you can decide that your Harmony's PAUSE button
should emulate like if you would press the 'SPACEBAR' key on your keyboard!
The decent Harmony remotes are way over priced though.

FLIRC sounds like the way to go, is it confirmed to work with ANY remote? so like old dvd remotes, the ps2 remote, etc etc?

What is their uk shipping like? :-)
well for shipping you'll have to ask them, i dunno.

but again, FLIRC work with IR remotes. just bear that in mind!

i tried with my HDTV remote and its awesome!
I got the new PS3 remote with IR on route.

It's near impossible to find this newer remote here in the UK though. Still stuck with the original Bluetooth one for some reason.
looks nice live4ever!

keep in touch and tell us how it goes!
(2012-04-27, 05:20)live4ever Wrote: I got the new PS3 remote with IR on route.

Whoa, that's the new ps3 remote? so it works with ir, how does the ps3 detect that? details!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
third party ps3 remote dongles on pc?0