• 65(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Is it somehow possible to mass import a bunch of artists (500) in one go and let headphones download all albums?

I recently lost my complete music collection (hard disk crash) so I'm looking for a way to rebuild it fast Smile
I got a list of all artists in a text file.
Can you somehow convert file -> separate folders? You can then import those artists with the "Mark All Albums as Wanted" option checked and you should be good to go :-)

At least that's what I would do :-)
(2012-04-24, 20:27)rembo10 Wrote: Can you somehow convert file -> separate folders? You can then import those artists with the "Mark All Albums as Wanted" option checked and you should be good to go :-)

At least that's what I would do :-)

Sure, I will be able to do that! Great idea, didn't think that would work but will report back Smile

Edit: tried it, doesn't work Sad
It looks like headphones will only read ID3 tags from files to fill its database.

Any other ideas to pull this off?
Maybe create fake .mp3 files with only artist ID3 tag, scripted from text file... will work on that tonight.

Edit 2: Couldn't resist myself and created fake mp3 files with only artist tag filled from text file. It works!
Headphones is working like crazy Big Grin

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

You know what we need?
Integration with the allrovi.com website to like an artist and let headphones automatically download artists on your like list.
http://www.allrovi.com/user/ratings_likes/likes

Like couchpotato does with your IMDB watchlist.
Hi,

Can someone tell me what user Headphones will be trying to move files to in the post processing?

I seem to be getting this issue with the latest build...

Code:
25-Apr-2012 10:16:56 - ERROR   :: Thread-554 : Could not create folder for Blunderbuss. Not moving: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/mnt/music/iTunes Music/Convert To m4a'
Fixed the above, permissions issue on my NAS.

Quick question re the Advanced Encoding Options from Re-Encoding...

What options will it accept in here. I am looking to convert all flac files to m4a with the metadata.

Regards,

Simpic
Im still having the problem of not being able to pull down albums, I only get ep's, singles, lives and compilations. Anyone have any idea?
(2012-04-06, 23:24)jasanson Wrote: donated for the headphones server. Everything working great now.Big Grin

Same, its loading away like crazy now. Really great tool!

Only problem I've run into so far is that whenever it searches for the band "+44", it adds it to the database as "4+4" with no results.

(2012-04-26, 07:05)elderain Wrote:
(2012-04-06, 23:24)jasanson Wrote: donated for the headphones server. Everything working great now.Big Grin

Same, its loading away like crazy now. Really great tool!

Only problem I've run into so far is that whenever it searches for the band "+44", it adds it to the database as "4+4" with no results.

Rembo10 mades some tweaks to the server and really sped things up. Donating is well worth it.

I know there are still some ASCII issues (I'm experiencing) as well as shrioux's issues with the extras, but things are really coming along for this app. Great work and thanks to Rembo10 and others who have worked on this project.

Side, note: I'm wondering if this project could be ported and modified to do this concept for comic books. Anyone have any ideas? I found LazyLibrarian which took Headphones and turned it into an ebook version (very sweet!). Awesome stuff all around.
(2012-04-25, 19:58)shrioux Wrote: Im still having the problem of not being able to pull down albums, I only get ep's, singles, lives and compilations. Anyone have any idea?

I was having the same issue until I donated to get new server access. Once I did that, I purged my database, used Picard to clean up any tagging/filename issues, and reimported my admittedly small library. Now, Headphones is pulling down entire libraries just fine. Also, once my files were cleaned up with Picard, I had no problems with Headphones finding my existing files. Previously, it wouldn't recognize half of my music.

(2012-04-26, 18:54)mrkniceguy Wrote: Rembo10 mades some tweaks to the server and really sped things up. Donating is well worth it.

Great work and thanks to Rembo10 and others who have worked on this project.

Agreed. Donate and get access to the Headphones server. Very much worth the price of a lunch.
So this isn't really free anymore, correct? Since the non-pay musicbrainz server doesn't work, it won't let me import any music. The log is full off "HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable". So it's $10 to get Headphones to be fully functional, right?
(2012-04-27, 17:36)drawmonster Wrote: So this isn't really free anymore, correct? Since the non-pay musicbrainz server doesn't work, it won't let me import any music. The log is full off "HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable". So it's $10 to get Headphones to be fully functional, right?

Not necessarily. You could VM the Musicbrainz server to your own machine and have something that's 10X faster for free.
(2012-04-27, 17:57)mrkniceguy Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 17:36)drawmonster Wrote: So this isn't really free anymore, correct? Since the non-pay musicbrainz server doesn't work, it won't let me import any music. The log is full off "HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable". So it's $10 to get Headphones to be fully functional, right?

Not necessarily. You could VM the Musicbrainz server to your own machine and have something that's 10X faster for free.

Is there a guide or something to do this? As it stands now, it won't load anything from my existing library, and it won't find any new artists or album. So doesn't work at all. I'd like to try it before I "donate". Seems like it's not really a donation since it's pretty much mandatory, lol.
Disregard my last post. Headphones is way to much of a PITA to mess with. Plus, I'm not paying $10 for something that's supposed to be free. Hopefully a good alternative will come out that is of the quality of Sickbeard and Couchpotato. I'll gladly pay for extras and addons, but Headphones requires you to pay for it to even function.

***deletes Headphones***
(2012-04-27, 18:18)drawmonster Wrote: Disregard my last post. Headphones is way to much of a PITA to mess with. Plus, I'm not paying $10 for something that's supposed to be free. Hopefully a good alternative will come out that is of the quality of Sickbeard and Couchpotato. I'll gladly pay for extras and addons, but Headphones requires you to pay for it to even function.

***deletes Headphones***

Hairflip all you want, Headphones is a work in progress and still has some work to be done. But if you're not willing to help out or even try it, no one is going to lose any sleep over that.
I'm still getting the IncompleteRead error when trying to add albums. I've checked all my APIs and they're all good. ?

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/glave/headphones/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/home/glave/headphones/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/glave/headphones/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/glave/headphones/headphones/webserve.py", line 143, in markAlbums
    searcher.searchforalbum(mbid, new=False)
  File "/home/glave/headphones/headphones/searcher.py", line 93, in searchforalbum
    foundNZB = searchNZB(albumid, new, lossless)
  File "/home/glave/headphones/headphones/searcher.py", line 168, in searchNZB
    data = urllib2.urlopen(searchURL, timeout=20).read()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 329, in read
    data = self._sock.recv(rbufsize)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 518, in read
    return self._read_chunked(amt)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 561, in _read_chunked
    raise IncompleteRead(''.join(value))
IncompleteRead: IncompleteRead(409 bytes read)
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9