• 19(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
... Do you think it's worth experimenting with

<cachemembuffersize>

in the advancedsettings?
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
@ix400 - I do not think so, I believe AE is failing to determine that the sink is open in the correct format on your system.
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
gnif - you are short on sleep - Memphiz is OSx lol - but I got the ping Wink

he keeps getting a sink flagged for restart msg - often prefixed by:
Code:
06:20:41 T:4028 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
06:20:42 T:2600 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
06:20:42 T:2948   DEBUG: CSoftAEStream::GetFrame - Underrun
06:20:42 T:2600    INFO: CDVDPlayerVideo - Stillframe detected, switching to forced 29.970030 fps

ix400 - can you disable stereo upmix in your gui setttings under System>Audio Output? see if that's borking it.

EDIT: tried on mine - stereo upmix wasn't causing an issue, nor should it on passthrough, just noticed it on and it's still a little raw. Still digging.

EDIT2: you say it happens with the file copied locally as well?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I will do some more tests with locally stored files tomorrow.

Chris
i have a problem with switching hdmi devices. switching off tv and start music with android phone for just listening music causes a windows error. i often get these error after resuming from s3 when i start htpc at first and then amp and tv. with right start order it works. in xbmc.log i found

ERROR: CAEsinkWASAPI::AddPackets: Endpoint buffer timed out
ERROR: CAEsinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED

same problem after resume tv standby.
@Nimo - yes, we need to add code to react if you shut off a device - AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED means the device is no longer available, whether turned off or unplugged. Right now we just log the error until you change the output device.

It's on the list Wink

HDMI is supposed to handshake properly, and doesn't - unfortunately that's a manufacturer issue. All we can do is fall back to another device - we can't force anything to do a handshake again.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Damian and Gnif,

I did a little more research. Here the results:

1. I tried to directly play high bit rate DTS-MA tracks from the SSD on which Win7 is installed. Works without any flaws, no buffering.

2. Playing the same files from my NAS causes buffering.

3. Testing with other high bit rate files, containing regular DTS or AC3, also results in buffering during playback.

4. Sometimes, for no obvious reason, it starts working without buffering.

As a non AE test build for cross testings I used Daniella's second latest build, which can play all files from my NAS without any buffering issues.

Hence, to me it looks like a "Frodo-NAS-access-performace"-issue that hasn't been present in the final Eden builds.

Chris
Chris,

as you may have noticed, I've released a HD audio patched build derived from current master which should be pretty much on par with AE when it comes to XBMC's codebase. I've done that to provide a testing sidekick to AE. If you happen to see similar issues on both builds then there's a good chance that it's origin is in base XBMC code.
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
Hi guys and girl great work hdmi switching problem is sorted for me but i now have no audio in tv series what are mp3? cheers for any advice
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

i did a few test with the latest build,
seems that the issues i had are solved.
tested
AC3 2.0
AC3 5.1
DTS 5.1
DTS-HD MA 5.1
TRUE-HD 5.1
LPCM 5.1

also i'm able to choose in the system-settings "use exclusive mode"
somehow that wasn't possible for me with the old version.

will do some more testing later this day.

for now i must say it works great
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
@DDDamian

I fixed the playback of this Star Wars EP1 1080p MKV with DTS-ES. Turned out exclusive mode was off. Now all is ok.

I would suggest to enable exclusive mode as soon as someone selects WASAPI.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
i just did a few more testing and found a little glitch.
when listening a MP3 on the last 10 secs there's a audio glitch like it looses the audio for a 1/10 secs.
it happens on all MP3's.
tried it with upmixing and without
DEBUG LOG
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2012-04-28, 07:52)DanielaE Wrote: Chris,

as you may have noticed, I've released a HD audio patched build derived from current master which should be pretty much on par with AE when it comes to XBMC's codebase. I've done that to provide a testing sidekick to AE. If you happen to see similar issues on both builds then there's a good chance that it's origin is in base XBMC code.

Right now, I'm performing a complete re-install of win7. I have to say that the Zotac AD10 is a really slow machine, and maybe all the problems are caused by the fact that running win7 on it is borderline. Even with 4GB of RAM and a Crucial M4 it's really slow.

Originally I bought this little fellow for running openelec on it, and this has always worked without any buffering issues.

It might be that I have to wait till AE has found it's way into openelec.

Chris
(2012-04-28, 14:13)ix400 Wrote: Right now, I'm performing a complete re-install of win7. I have to say that the Zotac AD10 is a really slow machine, and maybe all the problems are caused by the fact that running win7 on it is borderline. Even with 4GB of RAM and a Crucial M4 it's really slow.

Have you ever tried DanielaE's patch? She uses a Fusion e-350 machine not dissimilar to yours; runs Win8 and enables sync w/audio reclock. I have several machines, one of which is an AD04 with Fusion e-450 on Win7, works w/o issue; slow compared to my i5, but plays everything without question.
Hi all -- glad things are clearing up a bit for most of you.

A few answers/comments:

- we (both AE and Daniela's patch) are currently based off master or post-Eden code, in our case anyways because there are a few nice improvements (notably the ffmpeg version bump with 10bit video support), but mostly because we had to re-base on the latest code for review and merge. Any bugs in both AE and Daniela's patch are, as she mentioned, most likely from XBMC master, so you would probably see them with a fresh pull of master. In the case of Chris's (ix400's) buffering there's something very wrong if low-bitrate files like DD are buffering, and let's hope the re-install of Win helps. Unless there is a new bug in XBMC AE should not affect buffering/caching, and recent builds by Daniela should show the same problem. If her recent builds (post-Eden) exhibit the same issue but earlier ones don't, let us know as it means a recent bug in master.

- Exclusive mode is absolutely necessary for HD bitstreaming. Loekf - glad you are good now. I've come to the conclusion that Wasapi share mode is just not worth supporting, and plan on removing support for it in the next day or two, along with the GUI button. It's just going to cause more user issues like Loekf had. It offers none of the advantages of Exclusive mode nor any of the compatibilty of DirectSound, and with our event-based methods it does not support the preferred pull mode, only push. Short answer - it's out of there and won't be missed Smile

- @TRaSH - glad most things are working. The audio glitch at the end of an mp3 is a known issue mentioned in the post for this release, along with a crash I was getting on DVD menus. You may notice some odd behaviour on crass-fading too. Thx for the log and the report - it's now officially on the to-do list Smile

- another added to the list is support for GUI sounds is not consistent across skins - but that one is a little further down the priority list, so bear with us.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3