• 3(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2012-04-29, 19:22)hunkyn Wrote: @olympia thanks for the scraper came here to ask if we can get a scraper that does both and sure enough i found this. Is it possible to add an option where it will look for IMDB first and if it is not found then goes to TMDB database? The reason i ask is some of the Indian movies are in IMDB and not in TMDB and some are in TMDB and not in IMDB so that has always been my problem and i keep updating the info manually. If you could add this that would be really great.

Thanks

Not possible.
(2012-04-29, 20:33)olympia Wrote: Not possible.

Ok not a problem. Is there way we can add a submenu in the manual refresh screen which scraper to look in? If that is possible that would be greatful too. I am looking into any option other than manually updating them.

Thanks
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2012-04-29, 19:48)mikeInside Wrote: Thanks Olympia, this add-on is a great idea. I'm writing up my experiences with it so far in case it is useful for you or other users, but some or all of these problems may be due to my own inexperience with xbmc.

1. This is probably due to the quick jump from v1.0.2 to v1.0.3 and something about the mirrors and the scraper version your XBMC was aware about (it tried to download 1.0.2 whereas it was not available on the mirror any more).
2. I will add Australia
3. Maybe because RT was timing out and/or completly unavailable as it is right now (time of posting)?

Edit:
AVPR works for me.
Devil cannot be found on RT by IMDb ID for some reason.
(2012-04-29, 20:42)hunkyn Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 20:33)olympia Wrote: Not possible.

Ok not a problem. Is there way we can add a submenu in the manual refresh screen which scraper to look in? If that is possible that would be greatful too. I am looking into any option other than manually updating them.

Thanks

No, but if you are using a sane folder/file structure, i.e. all your movies are in separate folders, then you can change content (i.e. scrapers) on the individual movie folders (using the contect menu on the folder) which is then overrule whatever scraper was set on source level.
(2012-04-29, 20:33)olympia Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 19:02)vw88 Wrote: Didn't work but thanks for trying anyway Smile Only way to fix the problem was to change the nfo files manualy for every movie that had this problem and then remove and re-add the movie to the library.

Keep up the good work with this,

To change what nfo? Do you have an nfo there?

Edit: are you for sure trying with scraper v1.0.3?

The nfo files that you get when you export the video library

Yes i am,I update to v1.0.3 and removed all the movies from the library that had the problem and ran a new search for them and they all came up just the same way as before with the strange titles.
(2012-04-29, 21:29)vw88 Wrote: The nfo files that you get when you export the video library

Yes i am,I update to v1.0.3 and removed all the movies from the library that had the problem and ran a new search for them and they all came up just the same way as before with the strange titles.

Try with v1.0.4 please.
(2012-04-29, 19:48)mikeInside Wrote: ...
I set it to download most info from IMDb, but grab ratings from RottenTomatoes. After my first scrape, the IMDb data looks like it's all there, but about 10% of movies are missing ratings. Mostly for the more obscure titles, but some of which I thought would be easily locatable such as "Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem (2007)" and "Devil (2010)". I haven't attempted any investigation as to why this happened yet; will have another crack at it in a couple of days when I have more time.

Unfortunately IMDb IDs do not link 100% correctly to RottenTomatoes pages. This is a problem with RottenTomatoes data integrity and will only be fixed when they clean their data. There are many threads mentioning lots and lots of movies (many of them very popular) at the RottenTomatoes Developer website, this is just one of them.

(2012-04-29, 22:27)olympia Wrote: Try with v1.0.4 please.

Tried that one to, still no change.
I ran out of ideas then. Can someone do a test on the following movie please with getting title from IMDb and use the 'keep originaltitle' setting and see if the title gets scraped correctly?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183732/
(2012-04-30, 06:48)olympia Wrote: I ran out of ideas then. Can someone do a test on the following movie please with getting title from IMDb and use the 'keep originaltitle' setting and see if the title gets scraped correctly?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183732/

Seems to work ok for me on a dummy file I created..

Tôkyô zankoku keisatsu (original title)

If I scrape with USA/International I get the same movie with a title "Tokyo Gore Police".. All Good Smile
Many thanks Steveb!
It's reassuring Smile
This is a great scraper but I am having a problem with a couple of films. 'Spirited Away' and 'Family Guy : something something something Darkside' are not being found. I have tried changing the settings with the source title to imdb and moviedb but no joy. They scrape fine if I change the scraper to the original moviedb and every other movie is found without issue but the 2 mentioned films are as if they don't exist.
The scraper uses IMDb for searching and lists the movies by their original title in the search results, this is something which cannot be changed.

Now:
- 'Family Guy : something something something Darkside' is indeed not exists on IMDb, so no wonder
- 'Spirited Away' is their in the search result list with its originaltitle: 'Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi' - if you select this then the scraped title will be changed to the language you set in the settings.
Thanks for the quick response Olympia, that clears that up.

Why do you have the option for changing title scraping to TMDB if it only checks IMDB though?

The scaper lool up the movie on Imdb to identify it. After this, the given field will be scraped from the content provider you set for that particular field.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9