• 18(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
(2012-04-29, 03:02)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 21:27)dj_gerbil Wrote: I mant to ask, when I added TVCatchup manually I got a nice logo, but the second time I added it from the online database I didn't get one. Is there any way I can get it back?

Hmm, try removing it and re-adding it. Also, the logo is a url to the online image, so it is possible that it may not always show. I'm adding an option to do download logos in my TODO list. I removed and re-added TVCatchup just now. I had a logo before, it was there on the list when I added it, and it was there on the top of the forums view after. Not sure why it wasn't there for you.

If you could, try looking at the file .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.forum.browser/forums/TT.forums.tvcatchup.com
and see if it has url:logo=http://i.imgur.com/NUpje.png

Oh, by the way, when you edit posts, I don't get notified of the changes, so I will probably not notice. I just by chance happened to be browsing through and noticed you edited your post Smile

Cheers, for that. The logo line wasn't in the file, I've added it and I now get the logo in both the forum list and at the top of the forum. Thanks.
Hi ruuk,

the progress bar colour contrast is much better

The VW Vortex images are now all working great, thanks for that.

Boxee is a much better experience, I was able to log in, with green light, but it said "Messages 0\?" I also wasn't able to post, but I was able to download your google test picture.

All testing on windows. Sorry no log, battery on laptop died, now writing with phone.
Wasn't able to test all your update

loaded the xbmc4xbox forum from online database, then tried to use it, but it said error getting forum.The online database icon had disapeared when selecting from the online database, all other icons were there.

Windows xp and forum browser seem very good,no major issues I could see .I loaded xbmc on fresh,loaded your repo ,it pulled web viewer,and for the main ran really good, as good as linux .

The four main buttons on the main page ie massages change forum etc are still grey is that right ?

Is a search funtion possible to add ?

(2012-04-29, 13:37)hasselhof Wrote: Boxee is a much better experience, I was able to log in, with green light, but it said "Messages 0\?" I also wasn't able to post, but I was able to download your google test picture.
It gets the message counts from the parsed web page. The page only shows how many are unread, so that's why it's (0/?) because the total is unknown. This is to be consistent with the other forums ( as in (0/5) ) so that it is clear that it is talking about the unread count. The posting failure is somewhat expected, but thanks for the independent verification.
As for the better experience, the new method I'm using makes it much easier to grab more details, for instance, the posts now show lots of data.
(2012-04-29, 13:37)hasselhof Wrote: loaded the xbmc4xbox forum from online database, then tried to use it, but it said error getting forum.The online database icon had disapeared when selecting from the online database, all other icons were there.
xbmc4xbox appears to be down.
(2012-04-29, 13:37)hasselhof Wrote: Windows xp and forum browser seem very good,no major issues I could see .I loaded xbmc on fresh,loaded your repo ,it pulled web viewer,and for the main ran really good, as good as linux .
Cool Smile
(2012-04-29, 13:37)hasselhof Wrote: The four main buttons on the main page ie massages change forum etc are still grey is that right ?
I'm not sure what your asking, but I did change the selected forum highlight so that it behaves like the buttons. It's focused/unfocused appearance is the same as the buttons so it is clear where focus is now.
(2012-04-29, 13:37)hasselhof Wrote: Is a search funtion possible to add ?
Yes, eventually. Added to the TODO list Smile

Version 0.9.32

Changes:
- Added subscribed forums to the subscriptions view (tapatalk only so far)
- Added ability to subscribe to/unsubscribe from forums from the context menu on the forums and threads windows
- Image viewer now lets you navigate through all images in the post with the arrow buttons
- Removed local dvhk.pl (now tapatalk enabled)
- Local hidden forums now show logo in the 'Add From Online Database' menu
- Tapatalk: Now detects whether guest access is allowed, and asks if you want to set login info if not
- Added icon for forum type on forums view (ie tapatalk, forumrunner or native)
- Set logins now auto-selects the current forum

On my REPO.
hasselhof Wrote:  
The four main buttons on the main page ie massages change forum etc are still grey is that right ?

Ruuk wrote:
I'm not sure what your asking, but I did change the selected forum highlight so that it behaves like the buttons. It's focused/unfocused appearance is the same as the buttons so it is clear where focus is now.

I understand the above now thanks, I was rushing testing as you know my battery was low .

Another update , where do you find the time?.

If I could make another request of "Todays new posts"?

How is your user guide coming along ?.
Version 0.9.33

Changes:
- On startup error, fix focus and hide activity icon
- Improved message dialogs (can show longer messages)
- Changed 'Setting' button to 'Options'
- New options menu with icons and descriptions
- Fixed default quote matching so forums that do not have them defined will still show quoting decently
- Added help option with forums window help which includes an option to view the changelog
- Added option in settings to cache logos locally to disk
- Subforums now display indented

On my REPO.
(2012-04-29, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: Another update , where do you find the time?.
I just skip eating and sleeping and spending time with my family. But don't worry, when my wife and child leave me, I'll blame you... Smile
(2012-04-29, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: If I could make another request of "Todays new posts"?
I'll see what I can do. I did a quick look at the Tapatalk api and didn't see a way, but maybe I missed it.
(2012-04-29, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: How is your user guide coming along ?.
Well, I've started adding help in Forum Browser. I'm going to put help for each screen, but so far I've got help for the forums view, and the settings now have descriptions.

(2012-05-01, 02:30)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.33

Changes:
- On startup error, fix focus and hide activity icon
- Improved message dialogs (can show longer messages)
- Changed 'Setting' button to 'Options'
- New options menu with icons and descriptions
- Fixed default quote matching so forums that do not have them defined will still show quoting decently
- Added help option with forums window help which includes an option to view the changelog
- Added option in settings to cache logos locally to disk
- Subforums now display indented

On my REPO.

(2012-04-29, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: Another update , where do you find the time?.
I just skip eating and sleeping and spending time with my family. But don't worry, when my wife and child leave me, I'll blame you... Smile

you know you love coding.......there's no time to waste.....maybe your wife and child could do some coding to help you free up some time to eat and sleep Rofl

(2012-04-29, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: If I could make another request of "Todays new posts"?
I'll see what I can do. I did a quick look at the Tapatalk api and didn't see a way, but maybe I missed it.

Cool

(2012-04-29, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: How is your user guide coming along ?.
Well, I've started adding help in Forum Browser. I'm going to put help for each screen, but so far I've got help for the forums view, and the settings now have description

Now that's a very good additionSmile

the last couple of updates seem to be getting ever closer to the offial repo release
have you given much thought to the fanart for addon view and repo view,and a possible splash screen.
I will try your updates when im back from my holiday
Im struggling to get used to quoting with my android phone so sorry about the presentation of message.
Version 0.9.34

Changes:
- Fix encoding error when formatting quotes
- Reverse boxee replies order to match the rest
- Use skin animation for activity indicator in dark skin
- Added help for threads window, subscriptions window, posts window, full message view window, message editor window and addon settings
- Now when 'Open Thread At Newest Post' is enabled, it will jump to the newest post. Previously it just opened to the page containing the post.
- Applied skin mod font to post editor
- Fixed some quote handling issues
- When selecting buttons on posts view, selected post now loses highlight to better show where the focus is
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple refreshes of the posts view (and perhaps others). This bug was also causing triple error messages.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong page to be displayed after following a post link form the post view
- Button in Private Messages window now says 'Send PM' instead of 'Post Reply'
- Moving off list in Message Editor now removes highlight to better show where the focus is
- Message editor no longer shows 'Add Line Before' and 'Delete' when there are no lines in the editor

On my REPO.

From now until main repo release I'm feature freezing development.
Please let me know of bugs or usability issues. You can request features, but I'll just add them to my long term list for now.
Presently I'll be working on cleaning up the code, optimizing some things and filling in the gaps of the forum interfaces so that things work as expected for each forum as best as possible.
Once that is done, some testing and then release.
Thanks ruuk. Looks like there's been a lot of bug crunching going on. Nice one.
(2012-05-01, 13:51)hasselhof Wrote: have you given much thought to the fanart for addon view and repo view,and a possible splash screen.

I have an idea about the fanart that incorporates some of the fanart you posted.

A splash screen is meant to show that a program is loading before the interface shows up. It's not really a useful thing for an XBMC addon because most of the initial load time is just python interpreter startup overhead, so the splash screen would just show up a half second before the addon.
Code:
This is a test of some code asdf  as df asd f a sdf a sdf  a sdf as f a sdf    asdf adsf a sdf as df as df as df asdf  asdf  as df as f as f as f as df
Test

PHP Code:
This is a php test
WWWWW WWWWWWW WWWWWWWW WWWWWWW WWWWWWW WWWWWW WWWWWW WWWWWW WWWW WWWWW WWWWWW WWWWWW WWWWWW WWWWWWWW WWWWWW WWWWWWW
Test asdf  asd f asdf  
as df a sdf  asd f as df as df   as df  asd f s fa sdf a sdf as f a sdf a sdf as df as df as df as  das f asdf sdf asdf ads f asdf asdf asf asdf a dsf as df adsfa sdf as df 

This is in color
(2012-05-03, 14:27)ruuk Wrote:
Code:
This is a test of some code asdf  as df asd f a sdf a sdf  a sdf as f a sdf    asdf adsf a sdf as df as df as df asdf  asdf  as df as f as f as f as df
Test

PHP Code:
This is a php test
WWWWW WWWWWWW WWWWWWWW WWWWWWW WWWWWWW WWWWWW WWWWWW WWWWWW WWW
Test asdf  asd f asdf  
as df a sdf  asd f as df as df   as df  asd f s fa sdf a sdf as f a sdf a sdf as df as df as df as  das f asdf sdf asdf ads f asdf asdf asf asdf a dsf as df adsfa sdf as df 

This is in color

Test

Version 0.9.35

Changes:
- When selecting buttons on threads view, selected thread now loses highlight to better show where the focus is
- Moved all forumbrowser modules into one folder
- Forumrunner: Now handles announcements
- Choosing 'Go To Newest Post' from the page button menu now jumps to the new post when it goes to the newest page
- Tapatalk: Added code, php and color post tag processing
- Tapatalk: Optimization of message processing
- Better error messages
- Fixed a bug causing error after creating/editing a post

On my REPO.

Bunch of 'under the hood' changes. I've been breaking a lot of things and fixing them again Smile
Posting this version because of the posting bug and because it's at a fairly stable point.

I was sitting around playing with Tapatalk on my phone and noticed the latest threads tab (which has the most recently posted to threads). I could definitely add that. Of course, from that, I could then possibly get todays posts because they would be at the end of those threads. Of course that would take a lot of fetching.
It looks like in the future, tapatalk's api level 4 (it's level 3 on all forums now) search function might be able to to do it.
(2012-05-04, 18:27)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.35

Changes:
- When selecting buttons on threads view, selected thread now loses highlight to better show where the focus is
- Moved all forumbrowser modules into one folder
- Forumrunner: Now handles announcements
- Choosing 'Go To Newest Post' from the page button menu now jumps to the new post when it goes to the newest page
- Tapatalk: Added code, php and color post tag processing
- Tapatalk: Optimization of message processing
- Better error messages
- Fixed a bug causing error after creating/editing a post

On my REPO.

Bunch of 'under the hood' changes. I've been breaking a lot of things and fixing them again Smile
Posting this version because of the posting bug and because it's at a fairly stable point.

I have to take my hat of to you,i've been looking through your google code page at all the items that go into forum browser and i'm well impressed.

I feel bad for all the requests that i've been asking for,I knew it was involved but not to what extent.
I just get the nice shiny product.I reallly apriciate all your hard work.
Update looks great thank you.

(2012-05-04, 22:27)ruuk Wrote:

I was sitting around playing with Tapatalk on my phone and noticed the latest threads tab (which has the most recently posted to threads). I could definitely add that. Of course, from that, I could then possibly get todays posts because they would be at the end of those threads. Of course that would take a lot of fetching.
It looks like in the future, tapatalk's api level 4 (it's level 3 on all forums now) search function might be able to to do it.

Most recently posted to threads will be great.Nod
Thank you.

• 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5