Linux "File not found" once after resume
Ok, got it. I will try it as soon as I'm home, although I don't really think it will help.
Anyone else has an idea what I might try? Should I enter this as a bug? It seems to be a problem of XBMC, as the rest of the system has a flawlessly working network / internet connection.
I have this same issue for as long as I can remember in Openelec, including Dharma and Eden... on resume after a period of sleep the first file you try and play from SMB source is not available (in OpenElec I get a freeze for about 60 secs). Then after that it's fine.

I managed to fix it before but im on a clean install now and I cant remember what fixed it.
(2012-04-28, 15:08)voochi Wrote: I have this same issue for as long as I can remember in Openelec, including Dharma and Eden... on resume after a period of sleep the first file you try and play from SMB source is not available (in OpenElec I get a freeze for about 60 secs). Then after that it's fine.

I managed to fix it before but im on a clean install now and I cant remember what fixed it.

While you're thinking, maybe we get some valuable input from the ticket I created ;-)
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12963
I tried more stuff, like adding some smbclient commands into resume scripts to check the shares. It turns out the shares were actually there upon resume, as evidenced by successful directory listing commands. So it's not the network or smb itself.

Next I tried Openelec dharma and eden - same problem.

In desperation, I installed HaneWin NFS server on my windows box, and changed the smb shares to NFS. Problem gone! Resumes perfectly every time.

So something is busted with XBMC SMB resume, and has been since dharma. BTW, NFS feels much faster (to me) than SMB.
(2012-05-01, 21:09)NotDave Wrote: I tried more stuff, like adding some smbclient commands into resume scripts to check the shares. It turns out the shares were actually there upon resume, as evidenced by successful directory listing commands. So it's not the network or smb itself.

Next I tried Openelec dharma and eden - same problem.

In desperation, I installed HaneWin NFS server on my windows box, and changed the smb shares to NFS. Problem gone! Resumes perfectly every time.

So something is busted with XBMC SMB resume, and has been since dharma. BTW, NFS feels much faster (to me) than SMB.

That's a valuable information!
From what I understood, XBMC uses its complete own samba library. So even if the listing of a mounted share works, the problem persists because it's XBMC's own connection that has a problem.
I'm seeing the same problem and have been since Dharma. In my case I'm connecting to shares from an unraid system.
I'm also having the same issue.

My shares are on a Windows 7 PC. When my Eden XBMC wakes from a lengthy suspend I get the "File not found" error.
Navigating through file listings seems to help. Often, when I look at episode lists, I don't get the error.
I don't mean to revive an old thread but I too have suffered from the freeze on resume from S3 and/or file not found after resume from S3 issues.

It has been happening to be about 50% of the resumes on my 4 htpcs, (all Aopen MP45s running XBMCbuntu with Eden). The problem also occured on my old XBMC Live/Dharma release but not as bad.

My back-end 'NAS' is a Windows 2008 R2 file server and all sources were setup usng SMB sharing, including thumbnail sharing over smb with pathsubstitution and a shared library on MySQL.

After researching numberous threads, the issue appears to be consistent with systems that are using SMB sources and/or pathsubstitution and resume from an S3 state.

In my case, I decided to install the Services and NFS and switch all of my sources and path substituions over to using NFS. This sucked because it required that I rebuild my library but so far it seems to have helped. (Note: I also tried installing OpenELEC with Eden and had the same freeze on resume issue so that eliminates the underlying XBMCBuntu OS as the issue)

One thing I will note is that even with my pathsubstition switched over to NFS, I still encountered a freeze on resume which leads to believe that perhaps the root problem here is the pathsubstitution and not necessarily ALL smb shares.

I've since switch over to using a Linux mount of the NFS Thumbnails share to the /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails folder and I have not experienced any further freezes on resume.

So I believe the answer to this ongoing issue is: Use Linux mount points instead of pathsubstition and use NFS shares instead of SMB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"File not found" once after resume0