• 3(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2012-04-29, 23:18)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 02:27)AgeOfPanic Wrote: Hi guys, first of all. Thank you a lot for all the work on this program. I recently switched to version 3.5 and had it scan all my tv shows. Every time I add an episode now however, XBMC doesn't scrape it when I update the library. Is this a known bug?
So, you are using Sickbeard to add episodes? Do you have Sickbeard post-processing metadata for XBMC? If so, XBMC will pick up the .nfo file regardless of what is in it. Any changes to that made by MC won't get importied again by XBMC.

I don't use Sickbeard, and so I'm only guessing here - vbat99 might have more of an idea.

I use Sickbeard, but disable it from creating the nfo or adding the thumbnail.

Instead, I have a small batch file that runs Media Companion command-line, scraping TV Shows. This way, Media Tags are present, the nfo is formatted correctly for MC ( found nfo's created by Sickbeard, slowed MC down something cronic), and the new episode is in MC's database (no need to 'Refresh Tv Show' to add in the new episode).

Batch file is as follows: (I saved with name of mc_com.bat0
Code:
e:
cd e:\temp2\mc 3.500
mc_com.exe -e

Where 'e:\temp2' is my location for my Media Companion.

Only other change is in Sickbeard's config.ini file. Add or Edit the following line, AFTER shutting down Sickbeard. Editing must be done after sickbeard is shut down as sickbeard re-writes the config.ini file on closing, overwriting and changes.
Code:
extra_scripts = E:\mc_com.bat

Hope this is of help.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2012-04-29, 23:12)vbat99 Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 20:18)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Hey

Just a quick question regarding movie sets.

I went to the table view to batch tag all movies into sets. However those movies which did not belong to a set had -none- tagged into .nfo.
Now in my XBMC library I have 100's of movies put into a set marked -none-.

Is there a way to remove these tags without individually editing the .nfo as that will be way too laborious!

BTW, the latest release is the nuts! great program people, keep up the great great great work!

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Hi TH3 MOL3

I know HueyHQ has replied to you on this, and a note to HueyHQ, I just tested this with MC3.500, going into Table view, setting a couple of Movies to the set 'Onemore' (dummy set).

Added this to XBMC and only the three movies I put into 'Onemore', were in a set. All other movies stayed in the root list of movies, ie: no movie was in a set '-none-.

I also checked the nfo's and no movie had <set>-none-</set> tag.

What I did notice, is Table View can put a movie into a set, but not removed from a set. ie: changed Puss In Boots into 'Onemore' set, clicked 'Save Changes' and changed to Main Browser. Puss In Boots now in 'Onemore' Set.

Switch back to Table View, and change Puss In Boots to -none- and click Save Changes, switch back to Main Browser and still set to 'Onemore' set. Back to Table View and also still set to 'Onemore'.

In Main Browser I can select -none- and save and it sticks. Also confirmed that the line <set>Onemore</set> is removed, not changed to <set>-none-</set>

Sorry, I couldn't reproduce the issue. I know StormyKnight solved this or a similar issue, #movie set -none-

PS, A tool to correct the nfo's would be brilliant. Good idea HueyHQ.

Rob
As I'm about to release an MC alpha, I notice that I have done some work on this - could you please test when I've completed that? Ta.
Just tested with Alpha

changed a movie to 'Atest' set in table view, then saved. Switched back to Main browser, back to Table View, and changed to -none-.

nfo now has
Code:
<alternativetitle>Vampire, vous avez dit vampire?</alternativetitle>
  <set>-None-</set>
  <sorttitle>Fright Night</sorttitle>

Second save and this was removed from the nfo.

Hmmmm......
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
OK, good...so it half-arsed works!
Keep getting "WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable" even if I set scraping form IMDB.
Same result with both scrapers, MC finds new episodes but does not scrap any.
(2012-04-29, 23:33)vbat99 Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 23:18)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 02:27)AgeOfPanic Wrote: Hi guys, first of all. Thank you a lot for all the work on this program. I recently switched to version 3.5 and had it scan all my tv shows. Every time I add an episode now however, XBMC doesn't scrape it when I update the library. Is this a known bug?
So, you are using Sickbeard to add episodes? Do you have Sickbeard post-processing metadata for XBMC? If so, XBMC will pick up the .nfo file regardless of what is in it. Any changes to that made by MC won't get importied again by XBMC.

I don't use Sickbeard, and so I'm only guessing here - vbat99 might have more of an idea.

I use Sickbeard, but disable it from creating the nfo or adding the thumbnail.

Instead, I have a small batch file that runs Media Companion command-line, scraping TV Shows. This way, Media Tags are present, the nfo is formatted correctly for MC ( found nfo's created by Sickbeard, slowed MC down something cronic), and the new episode is in MC's database (no need to 'Refresh Tv Show' to add in the new episode).

Batch file is as follows: (I saved with name of mc_com.bat0
Code:
e:
cd e:\temp2\mc 3.500
mc_com.exe -e

Where 'e:\temp2' is my location for my Media Companion.

Only other change is in Sickbeard's config.ini file. Add or Edit the following line, AFTER shutting down Sickbeard. Editing must be done after sickbeard is shut down as sickbeard re-writes the config.ini file on closing, overwriting and changes.
Code:
extra_scripts = E:\mc_com.bat

Hope this is of help.

Hi guys,

I don't use Sickbeard to download metadata. Instead, I'd like to use MC for that. However, somehow the tvshows that I tag with MC don't appear in XBMC. I removed all the metadata like tvshow.nfo and all the thumbnails from the tv shows and just let XBMC scrape them and now everything works like it should. Don't understand why this is, but apparently this is not a known bug.
(2012-04-27, 20:18)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Hey

Just a quick question regarding movie sets.

I went to the table view to batch tag all movies into sets. However those movies which did not belong to a set had -none- tagged into .nfo.
Now in my XBMC library I have 100's of movies put into a set marked -none-.

Is there a way to remove these tags without individually editing the .nfo as that will be way too laborious!

BTW, the latest release is the nuts! great program people, keep up the great great great work!

Thanks in advance for any help offered!
Done.
Simple fix, but took me a while to reproduce - nobody had mentioned that it only occurs when selecting multiple items? Confused (In my codebase, at least)
Available next release.

(2012-05-01, 13:45)djenous Wrote: Keep getting "WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable" even if I set scraping form IMDB.
I'm a bit confused by this - TV episodes are not scraped from IMDb...what scraper are you actually using?
Please ensure 'Use XBMC "TheTVDB" Scraper' is unchecked in TV Preferences so I know what state your are in before going any further.
(2012-05-01, 22:03)AgeOfPanic Wrote: Hi guys,
I don't use Sickbeard to download metadata. Instead, I'd like to use MC for that. However, somehow the tvshows that I tag with MC don't appear in XBMC. I removed all the metadata like tvshow.nfo and all the thumbnails from the tv shows and just let XBMC scrape them and now everything works like it should. Don't understand why this is, but apparently this is not a known bug.
So Sickbeard has no interaction with XBMC at all? And it does not create an NFO at all?

I also just remembered, if XBMC has already scraped a movie and added it to its database, it will no longer import external files either.
In this case, you will need to remove the movie from the XBMC Library then update the library, or in the Info screen you can choose refresh but choose No for the prompt to ignore local content.

(2012-05-01, 13:45)djenous Wrote: Keep getting "WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable" even if I set scraping form IMDB.
I'm a bit confused by this - TV episodes are not scraped from IMDb...what scraper are you actually using?
Please ensure 'Use XBMC "TheTVDB" Scraper' is unchecked in TV Preferences so I know what state your are in before going any further.

[/quote]

tried with and without 'Use XBMC "TheTVDB" Scraper' - same result. Also tried overwriting old "instalation" of MC and making new folder with clean instalation of MC. When I hit search for new episodes or right click individual show and search new episodes MC finds new episodes, scraping shows for a very short time but nothing gets scraped. Did not have this problems with MC 3.4
With regards to Music integration, people seem to have the wrong idea of whats needed for XBMC.

.nfo support, nothing else.
We dont need a ID3 tag reader/editor, as its been suggested. There are many already out there, each person with their own preference.
Whats needed is a .nfo creator for Artists and albums. its the one thing everybody has been wanting since XBMC was released

All it needs to do is
scan folder 1 name (Artist name) and create an artist.nfo by scraping info from a site.(Last.FM?)
scan folder 2 name (Album name / within artist folder) and create an album.nfo by scraping info from a site.(Discogs?)
You can then add image download based on the name of the artist/album if wanted.(google?)

Please dont get carried away thinking everyone wants a tag editor. If people havent cleaned up their tags to display correctly in XBMC already, then they probably arent that bothered for it and probably arent interested in MC featuring music support anyway.

Just my 2 cents
(2012-05-01, 23:44)HueyHq Wrote: Done.
Simple fix, but took me a while to reproduce - nobody had mentioned that it only occurs when selecting multiple items? Confused (In my codebase, at least)
Available next release.

Awesome. Thanks for the efforts. Communication hey! I thought the table view was designed to edit multiple items in one go, so assumed this had no bearing on the issue.

Well spotted!

Will yr solution repair the affected nfo's already tagged -none-? Or will it not be that straight forward?Tongue
Just some kudo's on a great program - my sole tagger/nfo generator/sidekick for all my videos. Works great and I really like downloading the fanart/posters/banners locally.

Keep up the excellent work!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-02, 00:06)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 22:03)AgeOfPanic Wrote: Hi guys,
So Sickbeard has no interaction with XBMC at all? And it does not create an NFO at all?

I also just remembered, if XBMC has already scraped a movie and added it to its database, it will no longer import external files either.
In this case, you will need to remove the movie from the XBMC Library then update the library, or in the Info screen you can choose refresh but choose No for the prompt to ignore local content.

No, the only thing I had setup Sickbeard to do was to notify XBMC of new episodes for tvshows that I had previously scraped using MC. However, the new episodes never appeared in XBMC.

I thought I read there was some improper nfo tag used by ember/MC (at one point or another) for TVShows that caused XBMC to ignore any further importing.

So initial/first scrape of a TV Show would import properly, but if it was only a partial season and you added the missing episodes XBMC would fail to scrape them (even if MC/ember nfo was included/added).

Maybe this was an ember issue? Or not related to this discussion at all lol
(2012-05-02, 11:43)rudeboyx Wrote: With regards to Music integration, people seem to have the wrong idea of whats needed for XBMC.

.nfo support, nothing else.
We dont need a ID3 tag reader/editor, as its been suggested. There are many already out there, each person with their own preference.
Whats needed is a .nfo creator for Artists and albums. its the one thing everybody has been wanting since XBMC was released
Thanks for the clarification, and for making it a bit easier! That sounds like a reasonable undertaking too. I think I'll take your suggestion and copy it into a feature request over on CodePlex, so your post doesn't get lost come time to work on it. Of course, if you don't mind!
(2012-05-02, 19:53)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Will yr solution repair the affected nfo's already tagged -none-? Or will it not be that straight forward?Tongue
Yeah, you'll need to select them all again tho', update, then save. But you probably won't know from looking at the table, so you'll need to select the ones affected, or just all that say "-None-"
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10