• 66(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-05-02, 17:23)emagin Wrote: Is it possible to support drag n drop onto the Edit Episode Window?
While editing hard to find shows, I often have to go to the website, grab images and text off the web page.
Currently I have to:
CTL-E - Edit Episode
Details - Copy from website, paste text onto Plot
Poster - click change poster local browse, finder browse to desktop, click image etc.

Just dragging stuff onto Plot and Poster fields would be very speedy.

Also from a UI standpoint, I'm wondering about the multiple clicks on episodes.
Click Show (left column TV Shows | Title list), gives show imagery and info on right - very good
Click Season 01 (left column Seasons area), gives season imagery right - good
Click Episode | Episode 01 - gives season imagery right - not good, should give me directly the episode info and allow editing
Seems more consistent this way

Right now we have to hit CTL-E to edit the episode window.
Seems like you could skip that step by embedding this edit episode UI right in the right hand side as with Show / Season UI

Thanks!

Please post this request at purplepig as feature.
While im here im just start use it and missunderstand how it works, but its for sure do a hell of a job.

Anyways. How do i get the information i get from EMM in to XBMC in my XBOX and XBMC on my PC cuz its the point whit the program right?

/ Anton
(2012-05-01, 20:32)Zodler Wrote: This for example:
The.Colbert.Report.2012.04.24.Magnus.Carlsen.avi

Ember don't support scraping by airdates. You'd have the series with season and episode label (Link). There are programs that do this automatically.
(2012-05-02, 18:11)antonstarlid Wrote: While im here im just start use it and missunderstand how it works, but its for sure do a hell of a job.

Anyways. How do i get the information i get from EMM in to XBMC in my XBOX and XBMC on my PC cuz its the point whit the program right?

/ Anton

1. Rename your tvshows and movies to a proper format (the fastest goes with the BulkRenameUtility):

\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.avi
\Movies\Hulk\Hulk.avi

\tvshows\Family Guy\Season 01\Family Guy - S01E01.avi
\tvshows\Family Guy\Season 01\Family Guy - S01E02.avi
\tvshows\Family Guy\Season 02\Family Guy - S02E01.avi
\tvshows\Family Guy\Season Specials\Family Guy - S00E01.avi

2. setup Ember correctly (see my old post)

3. update the Ember database and scrap all data

4. update XBMC database with scraper settings (also described in the old post)
(2012-05-02, 18:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 20:32)Zodler Wrote: This for example:
The.Colbert.Report.2012.04.24.Magnus.Carlsen.avi

Ember don't support scraping by airdates. You'd have the series with season and episode label (Link). There are programs that do this automatically.
(2012-05-02, 18:11)antonstarlid Wrote: While im here im just start use it and missunderstand how it works, but its for sure do a hell of a job.

/ Anton

1. Rename your tvshows and movies to a proper format (the fastest goes with the BulkRenameUtility):

\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.avi
\Movies\Hulk\Hulk.avi

\tvshows\Family Guy\Season 01\Family Guy - S01E01.avi
\tvshows\Family Guy\Season 01\Family Guy - S01E02.avi
\tvshows\Family Guy\Season 02\Family Guy - S02E01.avi
\tvshows\Family Guy\Season Specials\Family Guy - S00E01.avi

2. setup Ember correctly (see my old post)

3. update the Ember database and scrap all data

4. update XBMC database with scraper settings (also described in the old post)

Ok so when you scrape XBMC after you used EMM it use what you got from it right? And read the tbn and nfo files from the folder and inserts it to XBMC, Have i understand it correctly?
(2012-05-02, 18:32)antonstarlid Wrote: Ok so when you scrape XBMC after you used EMM it use what you got from it right? And read the tbn and nfo files from the folder and inserts it to XBMC, Have i understand it correctly?

Yes, Ember generates the NFO, poster, fanarts etc., XBMC looks first to see if there are local files.
XBMC but the information does not save automatically in the folder, but creates its own database. If you want to export the information you need from XBMC use the export function of XBMC. This data could then read again by Ember.

I hope you understand my google-english Cool
(2012-05-02, 18:42)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 18:32)antonstarlid Wrote: Ok so when you scrape XBMC after you used EMM it use what you got from it right? And read the tbn and nfo files from the folder and inserts it to XBMC, Have i understand it correctly?

Yes, Ember generates the NFO, poster, fanarts etc., XBMC looks first to see if there are local files.
XBMC but the information does not save automatically in the folder, but creates its own database. If you want to export the information you need from XBMC use the export function of XBMC. This data could then read again by Ember.

Im not sure you got me, I use EMM and the scrape whit XMBC, My question was, Does XBMC find the local files that was saved by EMM and save them in XBMC so i can remove them?
(2012-05-02, 18:48)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 18:42)DanCooper Wrote:

Im not sure you got me, I use EMM and the scrape whit XMBC, My question was, Does XBMC find the local files that was saved by EMM and save them in XBMC so i can remove them?

Yes, Ember save the files to folders, XBMC read the files and store it to the XBMC-DB. You can then delete the files, but I would keep it. If the XBMC database is deleted or destroyed you have to do all the work again. In addition, XBMC does not necessarily import all data, that affects mainly the pictures that only skins are supported.
(2012-05-02, 19:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 18:48)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 18:42)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, Ember generates the NFO, poster, fanarts etc., XBMC looks first to see if there are local files.

Yes, Ember save the files to folders, XBMC read the files and store it to the XBMC-DB. You can then delete the files, but I would keep it. If the XBMC database is deleted or destroyed you have to do all the work again. In addition, XBMC does not necessarily import all data, that affects mainly the pictures that only skins are supported.

Nice to know, My final question is, I use latest XBMC on my PC how the hell do i import it there? Cuz if i try to read the data there its not import it like it does in XBMC4XBOX witch i just tested and it works awsome, I was not sure before but did a thing to make sure that it worked Smile

/ Anton

(2012-05-02, 19:08)antonstarlid Wrote: Nice to know, My final question is, I use latest XBMC on my PC how the hell do i import it there? Cuz if i try to read the data there its not import it like it does in XBMC4XBOX witch i just tested and it works awsome, I was not sure before but did a thing to make sure that it worked Smile

/ Anton

Delete all sources in XBMC. Create a new source for movies, set the scraper to TMDB and the settings like in the picture (set autoscan also to "ON":

Create a new source for tvshows, make the same:
(2012-05-02, 19:18)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 19:08)antonstarlid Wrote: Nice to know, My final question is, I use latest XBMC on my PC how the hell do i import it there? Cuz if i try to read the data there its not import it like it does in XBMC4XBOX witch i just tested and it works awsome, I was not sure before but did a thing to make sure that it worked Smile

/ Anton
Delete all sources in XBMC. Create a new source for movies, set the scraper to TMDB and the settings like in the picture (set autoscan also to "ON":

Create a new source for tvshows, make the same:

<--- Problem fixed, i guss it was a bug in the XBMC i just deleted the whole folder in UserData/..... And then start whit a new dB and its worked like a charm!

/ Anton
XBMC works relly stupid in my way of see it when you have orginal releases! Let me explain the folder looks like this

Quote:D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiSH.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\Sample\efft.1x01.sample-tns.avi
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.nfo
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r00
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r01
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r02
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r03
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r04
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r05
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r06
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r07
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r08
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r09
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r10
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r11
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r12
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r13
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r14
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r15
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.rar
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.sfv

Ok now if i scrape o movie whit EMM, It will create a new efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.nfo and overwrite the orginal one, Are it anyway to avoid that, Maybe have a other name that the real NFO name?

Quote:D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.nfo

And maybe it possible to store all scraped data in a subfolder called XBMC or any name of your choise or does it need to be stored in the root of the scraped movie?

Quote:D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\XBMC <-- Thats the scrape folder in current episode directory

Wuld be relly nice if it wuld be possible to have it in a folder, To not mess upp everything cuz if you save the scraped data as it is today its look like a real mess Big Grin

/ Anton
as of yesterday Ember 1.3.0.5 Fix 5 ( on win 7 x64 ,nightly eden xbmc ) is just scraping all movies as "Bachelor Party 2 : the last temptation" Huh Angry yes it was funny the first couple of times as I have not seen the bachelor party 1 or even knew about the second ) but after trying everything including a fresh install with fresh media.emm & settings .. it is not going away . also with a fresh install comes a fresh problem :with genre not being recovered and emm throwing an error ?could anyone help ..i will post a log later ..Sad
@ DanCooper + Olympia : could you please make a version of Olympias imdb scraper & HD-trailer scraper or which ever scraper is pulling in the high res poster/ fanart/imdb plot/ AND trailers as frankly I am unable to get the two working together ( Olympia's scraper for plot & images & Dan's Fix of native to pull trailers )
(2012-05-03, 09:35)antonstarlid Wrote: XBMC works relly stupid in my way of see it when you have orginal releases! Let me explain the folder looks like this

Quote:D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiSH.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\Sample\efft.1x01.sample-tns.avi
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.nfo
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r00
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r01
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r02
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r03
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r04
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r05
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r06
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r07
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r08
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r09
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r10
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r11
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r12
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r13
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r14
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.r15
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.rar
D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.sfv

Ok now if i scrape o movie whit EMM, It will create a new efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.nfo and overwrite the orginal one, Are it anyway to avoid that, Maybe have a other name that the real NFO name?

Quote:D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\efft.1x01.dvdrip.xvid-tns.nfo

And maybe it possible to store all scraped data in a subfolder called XBMC or any name of your choise or does it need to be stored in the root of the scraped movie?

Quote:D:\Filmer\Serier\En.Fyra.For.Tre\S01\En.Fyra.For.Tre.1x01.En.Karl.I.Huset.SWEDiS​H.DVDRip.XviD-TNS\XBMC <-- Thats the scrape folder in current episode directory

Wuld be relly nice if it wuld be possible to have it in a folder, To not mess upp everything cuz if you save the scraped data as it is today its look like a real mess Big Grin

/ Anton

I see you have absolutely no idea how XBMC and scraping works! There are rules that must be met. Otherwise it will never work reliably. You can not assume that the developers have planned a solution for every idiotic labeling.
Why are all the RAR files are available? Why the SFV file? Why the sample file in the subdirectory? Nobody needs this files if the AVI is unpacked!

You need a system in your mess!

My suggestion:
Make a separete folder for movies. Make a separate folder for each movie. Label the folder and the movie file with the name of the movie.

Make a separate folder for tvshows. Make a separate folder for each tvshow. Make a separat folder for each season. Label the tvshow files as follows:

Name of tvshow - Season#Episode# (- name of episode), for example:

American Dad - S01E01.avi
American Dad - S01E01 - No System.avi

Use BulkRenameUtility the rename multiple tvshow files.

And please, see the XBMC wiki to learn about the basics!
(2012-05-03, 11:38)shaktoo Wrote: as of yesterday Ember 1.3.0.5 Fix 5 ( on win 7 x64 ,nightly eden xbmc ) is just scraping all movies as "Bachelor Party 2 : the last temptation" Huh Angry yes it was funny the first couple of times as I have not seen the bachelor party 1 or even knew about the second ) but after trying everything including a fresh install with fresh media.emm & settings .. it is not going away . also with a fresh install comes a fresh problem :with genre not being recovered and emm throwing an error ?could anyone help ..i will post a log later ..Sad
@ DanCooper + Olympia : could you please make a version of Olympias imdb scraper & HD-trailer scraper or which ever scraper is pulling in the high res poster/ fanart/imdb plot/ AND trailers as frankly I am unable to get the two working together ( Olympia's scraper for plot & images & Dan's Fix of native to pull trailers )

Sounds strange Undecided

If you press "change film" is also recognized "Bachelor Party 2"?
What is in the NFO file of the movies?
I've just updated to the latest version of ember, it's been quite a while since I last clean installed so had to go through the options again so I have a few questions

1, is there anyway I can force ember to only use UK titles and artwork for my media? eg "apartment 143" become's "emergo" when I scrape, and a few of the movie posters are in a foreign language :/

2, can I force ember to match a movie via the year marked on the folder? eg - "Elevator (2011)" gets scraped as "Elevator (2008)"

3, can I automate ember to run with sabnzbd after running my "movie's" script ( it join's multiple avi's into one file, handy for 2cd releases )

Thanks!
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26