• 1(current)
XBMC 13.0 - codename "G?"
it's a while since I read this name and I can't resist not to ask, what does that mean? "Where is the G?" Huh Laugh

anyway I've the codename for XBMC 14.0: "Hot Hot Hot!!!"

-string?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
XBMCG? Can I buy a vowel?
Despite the rumours "G" stands for global domination muahahahahahahahaha
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-02, 19:44)CutSickAss Wrote: XBMCG? Can I buy a vowel?
I can't stop laughing.

EDIT: I'm still laughing
XBMC G 13

The conspiracy-theorist/numerologist in me (Big Grin) figured it out... It's the position of the letters in the alphabet, right?

X = 24 (being the 24th letter of the alphabet)
B = 02
M = 13
C = 03
G = 07
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sum = 49 => 4 + 9 = 13 (!!!)

Either you guys are so damn smart, or X-Files really messed up my childhood!
^^^ The most plausible explanation

or not?
I think its "Gollum" Big Grin
G is the abbreviation for the code name for version 13...
Beside v12 that will be called Frodo all Releases were named like imagined cities...
For v13 I raise my hand and voice and say, let's call it "Gotham"...
Big Grin
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Anybody knows the complete list of code names used for XBMC so far, and maybe also a release date for each of them? Just curious... Wink
(2012-05-02, 22:51)Devaron Wrote: Anybody knows the complete list of code names used for XBMC so far, and maybe also a release date for each of them? Just curious... Wink

Something like this might help you: trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
Since mythical places is a theme in naming an XBMC release, I vote for "Giligan's island".
I had forgotten about the Gilligan's Island. When I was child it was my favorite tv show!
(2012-05-02, 22:51)Devaron Wrote: Anybody knows the complete list of code names used for XBMC so far, and maybe also a release date for each of them? Just curious... Wink

Atlantis
Babylon
Camelot
Dharma
Eden
Frodo
G........
Thanks to your considerations, the mystery seems in the path for a solution... but... but... rummaging the internet looking for images for Gilligan's Island I discovered this one:
I can't believe!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 - codename "G?"3